Coronavirus (COVID-19)

464 new cases of COVID-19 reported

28,699 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

1.8% of these were positive

0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive

4 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (6 yesterday)

83 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19  (98 yesterday)

3,174,807 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 1,942,285 have received their second dose

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

There's some pretty significant fluctuations on those hospital numbers. A decrease of 15 in one day on those numbers is a lot - presume there's a reporting lag on discharges? 

Good news to see it fall in amongst the highest case numbers we've seen for some time. 

3 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

464 new cases of COVID-19 reported

28,699 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

1.8% of these were positive

0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive

4 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (6 yesterday)

83 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19  (98 yesterday)

3,174,807 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 1,942,285 have received their second dose

John C Reilly GIFs | Tenor

13 minutes ago, Michael W said:

There's some pretty significant fluctuations on those hospital numbers. A decrease of 15 in one day on those numbers is a lot - presume there's a reporting lag on discharges? 

Good news to see it fall in amongst the highest case numbers we've seen for some time. 

There's a reporting lag on admissions, think the overall hospital numbers are up to date though?

Last date of hospital admissions is Sun 23, when there were 13 new admissions.

Fluctuations aside, the hospital numbers are promising, a significant drop in 10 from the numbers in hospital in Greater Glasgow & Clyde. Fingers crossed it doesn't go back up tomorrow and it'll give them some confidence the link is broken.

Daily Cases Update:   No change to the upwards trajectory.  This time another 5.22% and positivity up to 1.9%.  

Scottish Govt will be sorely tested now with the new "case numbers do not matter" strategy we hope is finally evolving.

9 councils now go above the "old" 50 cases per 100K marker, and only Aberdeen of any real size left in the under 20 club.   Ibrox surges to the top of the Glasgow chart.

Looking in depth against England I can point out that Bolton accounts for over 10% of all English cases.  By comparison the rate per 100K in Liverpool is 7.4, Cardiff 10.6,  Most of London under 20, Essex 5.9.   Something is not yet adding up in Scotland.

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Total Cases 7 days from 18th May to 24th May  were 2550 now 2683 up 5.22%.  Positivity was 1.8% now 1.9%.   Cases per 100k were 46.7 now 49.1

Home Nations Daily update:  UK Average  23.7 to 24.4 up 2.95%, England  22.5 to 23.1 up 2.67%,  Wales  8.8 to 9.0 up 2.27%, Northern Ireland 32.0 to 33.3 up  4.06%

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Naughty Level 3 Councils

Clackmannanshire   163.0 to 151.3

Glasgow City  144.2 to 145.9   Ibrox East  goes top of the Glasgow charts suprise suprise.

East Renfrewshire   111.0 to 104.7  

Renfrewshire  82.1 to 97.2  Up near 20%

Midlothian   82.2 to 90.9 Up 10%

East Dunbartonshire   78.2 to 73.6 

Dundee City   52.2 to 62.3  Over 300% rise in last week.

North Ayrshire  48.2 to 55.7 Up 15%

South Lanarkshire   49.9 to 55.5 Up 11%

Under 50 Level 2 Criteria Club

City Of Edinburgh   43.2 to 46.5   

Stirling  35.0 to 37.2

North Lanarkshire  32.5 to 34.6  

East Ayrshire  32.8 to 34.4

Fife   27.3 to 29.4 

Falkirk   28.0 to 29.2

Perth & Kinross  23.0 to 27.6 

East Lothian   23.3 to 23.3

South Ayrshire  17.8 to 22.2

West Dunbartonshire   19.1 to 21.4 

West Lothian   20.8 to 20.8

Angus  20.7 to 20.7

The Should be in Level 1  Club Sub 20.0image.jpeg.2ac60f85799d1453b2fa133e8de973d3.jpeg

Aberdeen City  10.1 to 13.1  

Argyll & Bute   11.6 to 12.8 

Moray  17.7 to 13.6 

Aberdeenshire  11.9 to 11.5

Inverclyde 3.9 to 7.7 

Highlands  5.5 to 6.8

Scottish  Borders   6.9 to 6.1

Dumfries & Galloway  2.0 to 2.0  

Western Isles  3.7 to 0.0

Orkney Islands  9.0 to 0.0 

Shetland Islands 0.0 to 0.0

In a weird sort of way, you almost want the case numbers to go up now.  Provided the admissions, ICU and deaths stay at a negligible level it's the best real-world definitive data that vaccines are working and will give the SG the confidence to unlock fully.  Hopefully. 

There's a reporting lag on admissions, think the overall hospital numbers are up to date though?
Last date of hospital admissions is Sun 23, when there were 13 new admissions.
Fluctuations aside, the hospital numbers are promising, a significant drop in 10 from the numbers in hospital in Greater Glasgow & Clyde. Fingers crossed it doesn't go back up tomorrow and it'll give them some confidence the link is broken.

Last few days of this are:

Screenshot_20210527-144906.jpg

Admissions are up on a daily basis, and quite high on a percentage basis from the 8 per day of the previous week - but still up only a handful from there.

On 24/05/2021 at 19:51, Marshmallo said:

Where would you propose holding that in the vicinity of Hampden?

That was not the point I was making.

Back in the day the pitches where they put the Asda and houses would have been ideal.

In a non Covid world that level as shown in the picture could have been possible on Glasgow green. 

3.75% of that number around tables will not be great but its better than nothing.

Given that vaccines are not 100% effective, we can expect a certain amount of hospitilisation where covid is prevalent in a community id assume.

The % of people who catch covid, for whom the vaccine is not enough to keep them catching it, and the % of those who actually require hospital treatment will be tiny though.

And transmission in the community in the long run is only going to go one way as we are second dosing like f**k and getting first doses into the last remaining adults.

Cohibas ablaze.

On 26/05/2021 at 12:11, Thane of Cawdor said:

I don't know what to make of this. Is Cummings: a disgruntled ex-employee; a heroic maverick speaking truth to power; a Kremlin asset; or a reincarnation of Loki? Maybe he's all of the above.

He's a Grade A c**t. (And not in a good way.)

On 26/05/2021 at 14:54, Elixir said:

Yet the Greens were pushing some of the worst sanctimonious virtue signalling throughout this whole shit show.

Politicians of all hues and none are entitled, exceptionalist, two faced c****.

Finally got my AZ on the rocks today with no adverse effects (so far).

Hopefully Poland and Spain are now a little bit closer !!!

2 hours ago, s_dog said:

Only Northern Ireland have better numbers for deaths per 100k population in the UK. I'm also not completely sure of any numbers to show it, but although to start with our numbers were terrible, since after the first lockdown, deaths have been far fewer, including in care homes. 

Wait until the Troubles restart...

Some carry on with the vaccination line trying to find my details, the highlight of which was them escalating my case to the wrong health board which resulted in somebody in Glasgow phoning me up and reminding me that I didn't live in Glasgow so she couldn't help. 

Like anything I suppose, just a matter of getting lucky and speaking to somebody who has their head screwed on. No use getting annoyed at them as I imagine it's not been much fun having people screaming at you in your spare room because they can't get the right appointment or whatever.

Eventually got Tuesday after work, could have got Sunday but I'm not sure a two day hangover and potential jag side effects go together that well.

3 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

is it? i think once you take population size into account we don't look too good either?

We're also not the thinnest or healthiest bunch around either 

According to Travelling Tabby, the current numbers of deaths per 100k of population are:

UK - 191.2

Scotland - 140.3

As such, the Scottish death rate is 73.4% of the UK death rate.  Given it was marginally higher than the UK average after the 1st wave inn Spring / Summer 20, I would say something substantially different happened from Autumn 20 - Spring 21.