Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, superbigal said:

Even if all restrictions were lifted, when do you suppose the rules regarding self isolation for close contacts will be binned.
The main problem now with rising cases is the amount of disruption to workplaces etc.rather than anyone being sick.
If we end up treating it like the flu surely all this stuff has to be canned.
Is it binned in the English plan ?

Wales have extended they’re track and trace until 2022. I assume the rest of the UK will do the same. Absolutely ridiculous if they don’t change the isolation “rules”. A workplace with a few staff members off because one of their weans classmates had a cough would be a riddy...and is happening right now in Ayrshire 😑

Wales have extended they’re track and trace until 2022. I assume the rest of the UK will do the same. Absolutely ridiculous if they don’t change the isolation “rules”. A workplace with a few staff members off because one of their weans classmates had a cough would be a riddy...and is happening right now in Ayrshire [emoji58]
The Buff in Prestwick and Gillie Dhu in Ayr have both been forced to close due to staff testing positive but that just seems synonymous with the general rise in prevelance again in S Ayrshire. Not read of anywhere closing due to close contact isolation yet but if cases are on the rise and these are the rules, it's inevitable.

The local facebook pages are utterly farcical ...WEEGIES, dirty Weegies it's all the fault of the Weegies. FFS !!!

Some sense from someone on the vaccine task force:-.
“The UK's latest coronavirus data looks encouraging, a government adviser has said, amid a debate over whether to end restrictions in England on 21 June.
Sir John Bell, part of the government's vaccine taskforce, said there needed to be "balance" to the discussion.
"If we scamper down a rabbit hole every time we see a new variant we are going to spend a long time huddled away."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57328138

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Wales have extended they’re track and trace until 2022. I assume the rest of the UK will do the same. Absolutely ridiculous if they don’t change the isolation “rules”. A workplace with a few staff members off because one of their weans classmates had a cough would be a riddy...and is happening right now in Ayrshire 😑

An adult wouldn't have to isolate unless a kid they live with tested positive.

Got a message from my son's school. Anyone on a certain school bus on a certain day should self-isolate, and so should their families. Luckily he was on a different bus. 

Makes me wonder how many people are actually ill from this bus journey full of teenagers

Just now, scottsdad said:

Got a message from my son's school. Anyone on a certain school bus on a certain day should self-isolate, and so should their families. Luckily he was on a different bus. 

Makes me wonder how many people are actually ill from this bus journey full of teenagers

I’d be challenging that one.

The rule has always been that direct contacts of positive cases should self-isolate. Households of contacts do not need to isolate. 

1 minute ago, Donathan said:

The rule has always been that direct contacts of positive cases should self-isolate. Households of contacts do not need to isolate. 

That's what I had thought but the text from the school was crystal clear. So if he had been on that bus, me, the wife and our daughter would be self-isolating* rigidly, not leaving the house for 2 weeks.

*we would not be self-isolating. f**k that.

See the 1000 fans in level one, is that Wee Jasons new "thats what you can have without even lifting the phone" number?

What you can automatically let in before coming up with a detailed risk assessment for getting out of your car in an outdoor space within a 5 yard radius of someone else?

10 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Don't do something you're allowed to do parents or you'll hospitalise children.

There will be more children admitted to hospital taking an allergic reaction to eating something, licking something or tripping over on the way into, the building that has the soft play area than would be by catching covid. 

NB:

not a doctor, this is not medical advice but I am pretty confident it is accurate. 

39 minutes ago, Donathan said:

i'm sure if someone needs to self isolate, then the entire household does, whats the point in someone staying at home incase their unknowingly spreading covid, only for the rest of their family to go out and about unknowingly spreading it whilst they're in the hoose?

Covid-19: UK's data encouraging, says government adviser

The UK's latest coronavirus data looks encouraging, a government adviser has said, amid a debate over whether to end restrictions in England on 21 June.

Sir John Bell, part of the government's vaccine taskforce, said there needed to be "balance" to the discussion.

"If we scamper down a rabbit hole every time we see a new variant we are going to spend a long time huddled away."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57328138

Good old Sir John, handing out the telts to the vArIaNtS brigade. 

7 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

i'm sure if someone needs to self isolate, then the entire household does, whats the point in someone staying at home incase their unknowingly spreading covid, only for the rest of their family to go out and about unknowingly spreading it whilst they're in the hoose?

This is incorrect.

Epidemiologically speaking you are correct. However I’m just telling you what the rules state:

- If someone tests positive, all direct close contacts must isolate, but contacts of contacts/households of contacts do not need to.

- If someone you live with develops symptoms or tests positive then the entire household/support bubble isolates for 10 days. 

2 minutes ago, Donathan said:

This is incorrect.

Epidemiologically speaking you are correct. However I’m just telling you what the rules state:

- If someone tests positive, all direct close contacts must isolate, but contacts of contacts/households of contacts do not need to.

- If someone you live with develops symptoms or tests positive then the entire household/support bubble isolates for 10 days. 

f**k me, fwiw i think it's silly all those folk needing to isolate becuase someone coughed once in a room but if people actually living in a house with someone who has been deemed enough of a risk via contact that they must self isolate, don't themselves have to isolate then no wonder the entire system leaks like a sieve . might aswell not bother with the hassle of it now