Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

These impromptu ones always give me the fear. Just have to hope it’s to quash any nonsense around these variants and evidence that the WHO has called out the fearmongering as bullshit.

I woudn't bet on that.

These impromptu ones always give me the fear. Just have to hope it’s to quash any nonsense around these variants and evidence that the WHO has called out the fearmongering as bullshit.

Would love that. Imagine Sturgeon just started going hell for leather, against the fearmongering shite, setting a superb example.

Won’t happen though. I suspect this will be another “We just don’t know” type presser. [emoji20]

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

I woudn't bet on that.

If it were another lockdown it'd have been leaked to the press over the last week. That's usually how it works.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57358446

Pfizer approved in the UK for 12-15 year olds.

I wonder if the conference today is to explain how they’re going to do this.

Probably makes sense just to jag as many of the kids whilst they’re still at school and just go for the 2 week gap.

Just now, ICTChris said:

Is there anything preventing the Scottish Government putting teh whole country back in Level 3 or higher?

Legally nothing but it would destroy all the goodwill they have from anyone who doesn't regularly paint their face blue. 

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

She's going to announce its a hate crime to say Humza is a lying b*****d. 

I assume it's been covered in this thread but what an utterly useless start to the job for Humza.  Health Secretary during a health emergency and a week in he's already talking complete shite about the most emotive subject possible, very ill children.  Great job!

Noticed the messaging with the vaccines is all over the place, telling some people drop in if its 10 weeks, others 8 weeks, same health board yet different messages. Some folks replying to nhs ggc saying they turned up for their appointment but were turned away because the walk ins had used stocks up etc too? Why is it so hard for them to get coherent, simple and effective messaging out? 

Absolutely full of the fear for this press conference. 

7 minutes ago, ulysses said:

Not being funny, I almost fainted 10-15 mins after getting my first dose of the bold P. Really bizarre, just wooshed over me all of a sudden. Not even afraid of needles. Nurse said it’s a really common side effect.

Either that or I’m just a pussy.

I felt totally fine and just went home after a few minutes waiting but clearly it's a thing. I just wasn't aware after seeing plenty of posts from people in and out in 5 mins. 

Noticed the messaging with the vaccines is all over the place, telling some people drop in if its 10 weeks, others 8 weeks, same health board yet different messages. Some folks replying to nhs ggc saying they turned up for their appointment but were turned away because the walk ins had used stocks up etc too? Why is it so hard for them to get coherent, simple and effective messaging out? 

Absolutely full of the fear for this press conference. 

As am I, but the news of vaccines being approved for 12-15 year olds makes me think it’s in relation to that.

Either that or it’s to announce Sridhar is now banned for life from Twitter.

Don't think it's particularly impromptu, she's generally done a Friday each week, particularly when there are about to be level changes, reiterate the messages etc

Wouldn't get worked up into a frenzy about it.