Coronavirus (COVID-19)

21 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Upgraded Delta variant just announced. Johnson ready to get his excuses in. 

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-india-reports-new-delta-plus-coronavirus-variant-of-concern-12339465

Flights from India banned, except for those coming from India.

Hancock to the rescue, except for those needing Hancock to save them.

travel to Manchester banned indefinitely.

Deepti and DevI “can you give me a hell yeah”

Coronavirus in Greece - Update | 2021 A to Z Travel Guides (atoz-guides.com)

On Friday, June 25, the Greek government is expected to announce its decision on the wearing of masks in public. With the epidemiological situation in the country improving, it is anticipated that the government’s committee of experts, who are meeting on Wednesday, will make the abolition of masks one of the main topics for discussion.

Well yes, of course this is hypocrisy. But I'm glad it's happening. 

There are far too many people utterly terrified at the thought of people entering or leaving the country, dehumanising them as nothing other than receptacles of disease. An attitude that the government has happily aided and abetted with its harping on about variants. 

Hopefully thinhs like this will enable people to start looking past the nonsense and start suitably questioning crap policy. 

Has anyone tried logging a LFT result recently? Seems the UK Government has added some kind of NHS login which I don't recall before. All pretty normal stuff until you need to enter your mobile number to get a security code for validation. The problem is this code takes about 15 minutes to come through when you only have a 5 minute window to enter it so can't progress any further with recording your test.

29 minutes ago, RiG said:

Has anyone tried logging a LFT result recently? Seems the UK Government has added some kind of NHS login which I don't recall before. All pretty normal stuff until you need to enter your mobile number to get a security code for validation. The problem is this code takes about 15 minutes to come through when you only have a 5 minute window to enter it so can't progress any further with recording your test.

Anytime I've tried to register my negative test the website has come up with an error at the final stage.

2 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Anytime I've tried to register my negative test the website has come up with an error at the final stage.

Dido Harding leaving a real legacy here then...

12 minutes ago, RiG said:

Dido Harding leaving a real legacy here then...

I preferred her when she did songs with Eminem.

Edited by TheScarf

9 hours ago, Elixir said:

What on Earth are the Scottish Government doing in comparison?

Travelling Tabby will tell you. 

As of yesterday, Wales had second dosed 48.7% of the population. Scotland 47.6%. 

In the past week, Scotland has given doses to 4,863 (per 100k) of its population.  Wales has given 4,587.

Edited by Wee Bully

Travelling Tabby will tell you. 
As of yesterday, Wales had second dosed 48.7% of the population. Scotland 47.6%. 
In the past week, Scotland has given doses to 4,863 (per 100k) of its population.  Wales has given 4,587.

Am I right in thinking the vaccine supply is a bit tight just now and improves in July? Also, time to reconsider he advice on AZ - give it to the under 40s.

11 minutes ago, D.V.T. said:

Am I right in thinking the vaccine supply is a bit tight just now and improves in July? Also, time to reconsider he advice on AZ - give it to the under 40s.

I think that’s right, vaccination rates across the UK have been dropping for a few weeks, but i think that was expected.

On AZ for the under 40’s, i think that’s a clinical decision based on risk, and I personally wouldn’t want politicians meddling in it.  

Was the original supply schedule and predicted vaccination rates not based on the Astrazeneca vaccine being available for under 40s?  Supply will no doubt have become a bit tighter as they are reliant on Pfizer and Moderna for a large proportion of the population.

Edit - see thats been discussed above.

Edited by Aladdin

rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif

Posted at 9:36

New Covid rules for New Zealand's capital after single case found

6f87842e-8a34-44b3-b592-faa489f59b17.jpg

Simon Atkinson

BBC News, Sydney

The New Zealand capital city of Wellington is introducing Covid-19 restrictions - after a person with the virus travelled there from Sydney.

The traveller arrived on a Qantas flight on 19 June and went to more than a dozen locations in the city.

The Level 2 rules include restricting numbers of people in many venues to under 100, physical distancing being enforced, masks being worn on public transport and encouraging working from home where possible.

They will initially be in force until Sunday.

New Zealand - which is seen as one of the success stories of the pandemic - has a well-established system of tiered responses used when outbreaks occur.

The whole country was on Level 1 - "Covid normal" - until today.

The travel bubble between New South Wales and New Zealand has been paused because of the Sydney outbreak, which has grown by another 16 cases in the past 24 hours.

Although New Zealand have taken advantage of their isolated location brilliantly and promptly, I hope they haven't let themselves open to getting badly hit later on by being very slow with vaccination for a first world country. My 65 year old sister lives there and doesn't get her first jag till next month.

19 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Just get face masks to absolute fucking f**k.

18 hours ago, Michael W said:

I'd like masks gone ASAP too, but I imagine they will linger on public transport yet as a crutch. 

I have no idea why we're still pretending that they have any impact whatsoever when they're worn for 2mins in a shop or twenty seconds whilst you are shown to your table in a restaurant. Total nonsense. 

I'm actually quite happy for face coverings to be kept on for a while as I've gotten quite used to mouthing "f**k you" at folk for over a year now and I'm not sure if I will be able to stop.