Coronavirus (COVID-19)

With England winning Euro 2020 last night I flicked over to GMB who didn't seem to be talking about the football but were on about Covid and did I hear that furlough in England ends today?

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

With England winning Euro 2020 last night I flicked over to GMB who didn't seem to be talking about the football but were on about Covid and did I hear that furlough in England ends today?

I assumed it was the government percentage that was dropping meaning that employers would be contrubuting more.

Bit shan to not push that back the same 4 weeks they pushed back easing restrictions, but if it is actually happening (a full year after it was first meant to) it's a strong indication IMO that July 19th will happen.

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I assumed it was the government percentage that was dropping meaning that employers would be contrubuting more.

Bit shan to not push that back the same 4 weeks they pushed back easing restrictions, but if it is actually happening (a full year after it was first meant to) it's a strong indication IMO that July 19th will happen.

Ah maybe it was the Govt reducing their % .  I was only half listening.

22 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Ah maybe it was the Govt reducing their % .  I was only half listening.

Yep Govt contribution drops to 70% from tomorrow, employer has to contribute 10% make the wages up to 80%. Believe it changes to 60/20 from 1st August and stays same til end of September. 

12 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Wondered how long this would take. 

Also I don't recall that advice being issued by the Scottish Government. SFA perhaps, but not the SG. 

I saw someone quoting what was said at the time, which was that fans shouldn't travel to London unless they had a ticket or somewhere safe to watch the game.  A good example of loopholing from the Scottish Government.

22 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

Sorry - who are these people “on here” we are talking about?  I’m not aware of a single person on this thread who wants this to go on a second longer than required. 

I didn’t say they were on here. You only need to look at any social media site that mentions covid, to then see replies like “we need another lockdown” “things are opening up too fast” “we just don’t know what the future holds!”. There is certain people who are revelling in this and also those afraid of their own shadow. 

1 hour ago, MP_MFC said:

Guy at the wife’s work has had a positive lateral flow test, a positive pcr, is coughing and can’t smell and the track and trace folk called him yesterday asking him to go for another pcr test. What’s the fucking point other than for the conspiracy nuts to scream about keeping test numbers up.

1 hour ago, Fife Saint said:

It would come as no surprise to me if there was duplication of positive numbers in the instance above.

I think the number of cases is only recorded as the number of "new" cases, which would mean this person would only be counted once.

2 hours ago, Ross. said:

Recovering from a c*nt of a cold and due for my second vaccine tomorrow. CDC says it shouldn’t be dangerous but will likely have me feeling like absolute shite. The local health mob told me to email the Covid people, who just replied telling me to call the health mob. Anyone had either of the vaccines while recovering from another virus and would they recommend it?..

If it was me I'd ask if I could postpone it for a week, if not and and you'd be at the back of the queue again I'd just go for it and hope for the best. Had zero side effects from both my Pfizers.

1 minute ago, Fife Saint said:
12 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:
Blatant lies. Very Boris from Nicola. 

They said you should only travel if you have a ticket or pre arranged 'safe place' to watch the game. Certainly not explicit.

Yup, no mention whatsoever of not travelling without a ticket. 

Does anyone know if you need the EU Covid passport to enter the Union? 

It comes out tomorrow but will exclude people that have had the AZ manufactured in India, not sure if we have been using that?

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Does anyone know if you need the EU Covid passport to enter the Union? 

It comes out tomorrow but will exclude people that have had the AZ manufactured in India, not sure if we have been using that?

sure you have noticed but we are not in the EU.

Each EU country is treating non EU countries (UK) as they wish.

Belgium for instance has just put the UK on their RED list, meaning accepting nobody from UK (Very few exceptions).

Just received an e-mail from our wee one's nursery saying they have received notification about a new variant with new symptoms and anyone displaying any of these symptoms has to self isolate and book a PCR test.

One of the symptoms is "a runny nose".

f**k this shit man. Is there any toddler in the entire world that doesn't have a runny fucking nose?

4 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Just received an e-mail from our wee one's nursery saying they have received notification about a new variant with new symptoms and anyone displaying any of these symptoms has to self isolate and book a PCR test.

One of the symptoms is "a runny nose".

f**k this shit man. Is there any toddler in the entire world that doesn't have a runny fucking nose?

This comes from Prof Tim Spector at UCL who has been tracking symptoms. Basically the Delta variant is indistinguishable from hay fever in younger people with the exception that you can manage hay fever with anti histamines. 

So...your kid has a runny nose in hay fever season. Should you really lock yourself and family indoors for 10 days? Getting in to farce territory now.