Coronavirus (COVID-19)

23 minutes ago, BlueBear said:

One daughter is a Urological Surgeon at University College Hospital London and another, Practice Manager at a local GP practice.

So what, I'm an anaesthetist, my wife is a GP

It's a fucking train wreck burdened with the same old shitty jobsworth of which you appear to be on

You're making no sense here

and you ain't no Doctor.

My MB ChB, MRCP and FRCA would beg to differ

Amongst other businesses, I personally owned a very successful 3rd party Occupational Health company, and hired the GGC Head of Occ Health who was based at the GRI, who even back then twenty years ago, confirmed the NHS was a train wreck.

An anecdote from 20 years ago!

My next door neighbour is a well known Cardiologist and also proclaims same. My daughters old boss who is a Clinical Director in GGC NHS repeats same. Saw him last week fir golf and its now far worse.

We're 18 months into a pandemic. Everyone says it's a train wreck, but the NHS is a massive enterprise. Some parts run well, some are poor. This is why we need more professional management as well as more clinical staff and funding.

So you stay happy in your defensive bubble and ket the pros do their job as best they can, in being constrained by jobsworth and a thousand government cuts.

I'm not claiming we don't need more staff and funding, I'm claiming your panacea is just simplistic bollocks.

Anyway, this discussion is off topic, if you want to discuss the health service being a train wreck, then start a thread elsewhere.

Edited by Cyclizine

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Blue bear needs to find his way onto a good nber of ignore lists, being an obvious troll etc

Yeah, I just looked at his back catalogue of posts. Will no longer engage.

giphy.gif

Edited by Cyclizine

Daily Cases Update:  Day 57 of consecutive rises, up to 405.5 per 100K.  Infectivity now 10.2%.  

Dundee has a deeper shade of purple on the map than my helmet ,and is nearly twice as deadly as Blackburn with Darwen. All of the Grandmothers in Whitfield are riddled but unlikely to have serious illness as their average age is 34.

New European figures today.   Scotland 405.5, England 172.8, Portugal 109.3 (rising), Russia 97.8 (rising), Northern Ireland 84.1, Wales 79.4, Spain 76.3 (rising)  at other end we have Poland 1.9 (falling), Germany 5.1 (falling), Italy 7.4 (falling), Switzerland 8.4 (falling), Czech 9.0 (falling), Sweden 14.2 (falling) 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1139048/coronavirus-case-rates-in-the-past-7-days-in-europe-by-country/

Scotland previously peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Total Cases 7 days from 24th June to 30th June  were   21,130 now 22153  up 4.84%.  Positivity was 9.7% now 10.2%.   Cases per 100k were   386.8 now 405.5

Home Nations Daily update  :  UK Average  168.6 to 181.1 up 6.82%, England  160.2 to 172.8 up 7.87%,  Wales 73.7 to 79.4 up 7.73%, Northern Ireland  73.7 to 84.1 up 14.11%

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

LEVEL 2 RED

Dundee City   816.4 to 862.6  Seriously Dundee, When is it going to slow down. 17.3% positivity.  Whitfield 1,705,5 per 100K

Midlothian  686.8 to 706.3  

East Lothian  593.9 to 615.4 LEVEL 1   Back on the rise again.

City Of Edinburgh    586.4 to 602.4  

Renfrewshire    511.4 to 530.4 

Blackburn with Darwen  503.7 to 505.0

East Dunbartonshire   475.0 to 499.8

West Dunbartonshire  468.9 to 484.7  LEVEL 1 

East Renfrewshire   464.8 to 478.4  

Glasgow City   438.3 to 462.5

Angus    424.3 to 452.7  LEVEL 1

East Ayrshire   444.2 to 452.4

Perth & Kinross   388.9 to 452.1  LEVEL 1 

Fife   404.5 to 438.5  LEVEL 1

Aberdeen City   373.9 to 401.5  LEVEL1  

West Lothian   361.0 to 367.6   LEVEL1  

North Lanarkshire   344.8 to 358.0

Inverclyde  302.1 to 349.6  LEVEL 1  

Falkirk   332.5 to 336.3  LEVEL 1

South Lanarkshire   286.1 to 304.2

Stirling     273.9 to 291.9

Clackmannanshire   283.3 to 287.2

Scottish  Borders  249.3 to 268.4  LEVEL 1

North Ayrshire    255.3 to 259.8

South Ayrshire   256.6 to 246.0

OFFICIAL  LEVEL 1 BLACK

Highlands  239.6 to 242.5

Argyll & Bute   227.1 to 230.6

Aberdeenshire   196.8 to 214.0

Dumfries & Galloway  140.4 to 148.5

Moray   75.1 to 72.0

OFFICIAL LEVEL 0  Teuchters in Green

Shetland Islands    69.8 to 61.1 

Orkney Islands  49.4 to 31.4

Western Isles 11.2 to 11.2

Edited by superbigal

11 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Maybe the organisation is just too big and maybe we expect far too much from it.

There’s a certain amount of truth in this I think. Many take the NHS for granted and absolutely abuse it. 

The current situation being reported by A&E departments that people are showing up with nothing conditions being a prime example.

59 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

The current situation being reported by A&E departments that people are showing up with nothing conditions being a prime example.

I’d guess a large part of the reason for that is because people can’t get GP appointments and haven’t been able to for 16 months.

That’s my 2nd dose of juicy Pfizer vaccine injected. Pretty quiet at the Hydro so was seen to fairly quickly.
1st doses at a 10wk low yesterday. That was always going to be a possibility when they allowed the younger cohorts to simply make appointments themselves and probably has hastened the need for the walk in and mobile facilities. We might be close to reaching max 1st doses for anyone whose interested.

My wee boy goes to a nursery, one of the teachers apparently went to visit her boyfriend despite him having covid symptoms (subequently tested positive) and then stupidly went into work and in a fit of guilt did a lateral flow test (she’d already done the two x weekly test) which had a positive result, cue the place being shut etc. Apparently went for a test on thursday but still no result, has taken 3 negative lateral flow tests since the positive one but according to public health everyone’s to isolate. What a fucking mess of a response, 72hrs and no test result, we dont know whats happening with the place next week. Quite fortunate to have an understanding boss but absolutely fucking raging at the daft wee lassie going to visit someone she knew was waiting on a test result and had symptoms. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

10 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

We might be close to reaching max 1st doses for anyone whose interested.

There’s still a huge chunk to get through who will get vaccinated, but for various reasons haven’t been caught up with yet.

There’s a fair proportion of the population who don’t pay much attention to news/ press releases etc.   For those people they might not even be aware that they should of have had the vaccine by now,  they may had no idea where/if they are GP registered.  They might not know where their nearest walk in centres is or even that they exist.  This group will take  while to get through but can be picked up through local info and generally family/friends getting them telt.

We also have the unorganised,  they know they should of had the vaccine,  they know where/how to get it,  but they’ll do it next week, or when they’ve spoken to Mary about a lift,  or once their back from holiday.  

Neither of these groups don’t want the vaccine, they just haven’t got themselves in a position to get it yet.

The other 2 groups are vaccine hesitant, they’ve read the anti vax bullshit,  they’ve heard the official advice but can’t figure out what the right choice are,   A few of these can get picked off with good debate and education.

Then we have full on anti vax c***s.  They won’t ever get vaccinated voluntarily.  . Let them catch it and refuse any treatment when they do. 

9 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Then we have full on anti vax c***s.  They won’t ever get vaccinated voluntarily.  . Let them catch it and refuse any treatment when they do. 

Isn't there a point that we'll reach where this literally doesn't matter? It's not like vaccine hesitancy is at a statistically significant percentage.

8 hours ago, Thorongil said:

I got my 2nd Pfizer yesterday at the Galleon Centre in Kilmarnock. Phoned the helpline because there was no sign of a second appointment and they gave me one for 21st of July. Asked if there were any drop in centres open and they didn’t know. 
So I googled it and low and behold there were drop in centres open. So turned up at the Galleon and was done within 10 mins. No queue. 

Get down off your high horse.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

Isn't there a point that we'll reach where this literally doesn't matter? It's not like vaccine hesitancy is at a statistically significant percentage.

Nationally yes.   We eventually end up where there enough vaccinated people to stop significant spread .  The problem (which largely but doesn’t exclusively affect anti vax c***s) Is that we experience refusals in local spikes.    Places where the local rumour mill has bought into the anti vax bullshit.   These areas drop below herd immunity levels. and become vulnerable when the virus enters their community

48 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

There’s still a huge chunk to get through who will get vaccinated, but for various reasons haven’t been caught up with yet.

There’s a fair proportion of the population who don’t pay much attention to news/ press releases etc.   For those people they might not even be aware that they should of have had the vaccine by now,  they may had no idea where/if they are GP registered.  They might not know where their nearest walk in centres is or even that they exist.  This group will take  while to get through but can be picked up through local info and generally family/friends getting them telt.

We also have the unorganised,  they know they should of had the vaccine,  they know where/how to get it,  but they’ll do it next week, or when they’ve spoken to Mary about a lift,  or once their back from holiday.  

Neither of these groups don’t want the vaccine, they just haven’t got themselves in a position to get it yet.

The other 2 groups are vaccine hesitant, they’ve read the anti vax bullshit,  they’ve heard the official advice but can’t figure out what the right choice are,   A few of these can get picked off with good debate and education.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's a world record for the percentage of people being offered and accepting a vaccination in 6 months. It's way more than anyone expected.