Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Correct, she must be missing all that clapping and attention she was getting.  Like all profressions the medical world has more than  its share of strange ones.

Putting in the ground work to get as much chocolate as possible at Xmas

Tayside NHS somehow still manages to more than double the amount of people that enter Ninewells without Covid to then having Covid.

This then clearly skews the headline figures.

After 16 months you still have to wonder about their working practices that allows this to happen.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

My brother's girlfriend's dad's manager apparently said there is a magic covid fairy which is giving out money to people if they wish really hard and he would definitely hear the chat.

I mean, when you look at the way PPE contracts were handed out down south, he’s not far off. 

Edited by The Master

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Watched some of that question time last night and it actually made me quite sad how many seemed so passionate about keeping masks and distancing indefinitely. What the f**k. 

The bed wetting Lovejoy's are attracted to Question Time etc like moths to a flame.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:
12 hours ago, 101 said:
All legal restrictions? Including on international travel?
Brilliant if true although I guess we will be limited to places that will have us rather than places the govt says we can go to.

You just need to look at the drip feed starting in the papers to know the actual 19 July relaxations will be well watered down. The tempering of expectations is well under way. If they shat the bad last month due to rising cases, you know something similar is in the pipeline this month with cases numbers still higher and rising fast.

lol wut

This is reaching Detournement levels of slavering now.

- Social distancing binned

- Masks voluntary

- Nightclubs etc open as normal with no 'Covid certification'

- Full stadiums for the EPL in August

- Travel from 26th July if double vaxxed, with Germany rolling back their demands already

50 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Wee briefing at 12.15 today, second this week.

Let the speculation commence.

Hopefully she'll announce I don't need a face mask on when sitting metres away from other people outdoors at the football tomorrow.

lol wut
This is reaching Detournement levels of slavering now.
- Social distancing binned
- Masks voluntary
- Nightclubs etc open as normal with no 'Covid certification'
- Full stadiums for the EPL in August
- Travel from 26th July if double vaxxed, with Germany rolling back their demands already
It was the Spectator you were quoting. Take a peek at today's front pages. At least 3 (Express, Telegraph and i) are running with a roll back of easing. Significantly two are Johnson's favourite sounding mechanisms.

I hope it's nonsense I really do as I'm off to York week after the 19th but I'm not getting my Hope's up on the back if an article in the Spectator.

10 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Are they still counting the hospital figures as 'folk in hospital who have tested positive for covid' as opposed to 'folk who are in hospital because of covid'??

My wife knows a nurse who said that the possible is Ninewells was getting close to what it was in the winter again (which is obviously worrying).

As has been covered the nurse your wife knows is a slaver. There has (and always will be) unfortunate cases where folk who hadn't met the age criteria for getting jabbed have become unwell or critically unwell because of an undiagnosed condition or poor luck but there things are incredibly rare. 

We are nowhere near the levels we were around winter time, although there are much more (mostly fully vaccinated) staff having to isolate because they've been a close contact with someone out with their work. 

Every health board to have drop in vaccine clinics from Monday. Must mean there’s gonna be a ramp up in supply coming in July.
My wife was trying to rearrange her 2nd for days this week as it falls when we are on holiday. No dates on the app so phoned the hotline and was basically told this was coming. She actually asked if she could go before her original date which is exactly 8 weeks after her first but was told no, drop ins won't jag anyone less than 8 weeks after your first dose.

8 minutes ago, D.V.T. said:

Every health board to have drop in vaccine clinics from Monday. Must mean there’s gonna be a ramp up in supply coming in July.

Doing it at Caley Stadium in Inverness.