Coronavirus (COVID-19)

45 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's obvious that for all our "gallus" shite,  we are actually a nation of fucking cowards. Take any generation in this country and cut it in half and you'll see the words "coward by birth" printed right across the face of it. 

I never bought into the gallus thing but I genuinely thought we were better than this. It's genuinely shocking to discover that our real character is the exact opposite.

What's been really interesting is watching the Lovejoys sneering at Libertarians from the "safety" of their chains and cages, genuinely thinking their chains somehow make them morally superior.  It's like watching caged budgies taking the piss out of pigeons for having the audacity to want to fly wherever they want.

Utterly bizarre behaviour.

Proper old windbag post this. Only surprise is a face covering wasn’t described as a “muzzle” for the boomer bingo.

4 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I wouldn't be too sure.

The significant part of the population won't give a flying f**k either way regards today's announcements.

They don't go to night clubs. They don't go to football matches or large scale outdoor events.

The opposition aren't proposing anything different, well apart from Labour who want to be even more draconian.

The only thing that might see change due to pressure from the public is international travel - even then I'm not so sure.

There's still a significant part of the population who are either indifferent to the restrictions or don't want them lifted.

Sadly this is all accurate.

1 minute ago, Cardle is Magic said:

From the extremely vague wording it seems like you can get a full crowd if you ask for it and have ticked enough boxes.

The majority fan-owned St Mirren BoD better fcuking well ask this time, and stop giving us bullshit excuses.

4 minutes ago, RiG said:

Appreciate that this is a discussion for another thread but I do wonder how the handling of COVID may be impacting on support for the SNP / independence. Spotted this earlier today which showed support for independence is way down

I'm sure there has been polling showing that Nicola Sturgeon's approval ratings are also down.

Just now, effeffsee_the2nd said:

exactly, even now on the day supposedly for us to move away from covid restriction, they still somehow  found a way to shite the bed

A lot of the stuff still in place after Monday is “advice” or “guidance” so it won’t be legally enforceable but still looks like they’re doing something.

So still table service only in pubs I assume with no standing given the track and trace requirements, utter shite if so. Crowds basically subjected to a new LA licensing system for over 5k a buck pass there and still no movement on foreign travel. And this is now "forever", as good as it gets ie the new normal. Utter shite. Masks I fully expected to be retained, they said often enough they would be but the rest of it is just a half way house, total shitfest. Be interesting to see the details.

5 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I wouldn't be too sure.

The significant part of the population won't give a flying f**k either way regards today's announcements.

They don't go to night clubs. They don't go to football matches or large scale outdoor events.

The opposition aren't proposing anything different, well apart from Labour who want to be even more draconian.

The only thing that might see change due to pressure from the public is international travel - even then I'm not so sure.

There's still a significant part of the population who are either indifferent to the restrictions or don't want them lifted.

All of the above true and like it or not the main things non football fans will have heard about football in the last 19 months will be England fans at Euros final, Rangers fans in George Square, Celtic fans punching metal fences in crowds at the height of lockdown and ticketless Scotland fans coming up the road fucking riddled. 

Most decent fans are still being punished for a riot in 1980. 

4 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

So still table service only in pubs I assume with no standing given the track and trace requirements, utter shite if so. Crowds basically subjected to a new LA licensing system for over 5k a buck pass there and still no movement on foreign travel. And this is now "forever", as good as it gets ie the new normal. Utter shite. Masks I fully expected to be retained, they said often enough they would be but the rest of it is just a half way house, total shitfest. Be interesting to see the details.

I’m going to be that they are still going to ask them to take contact info, won’t insist on table service or social distancing but you’ll need to wear a face covering when not sitting down.

Maybe they’re not just making it up as they go but it sure as f**k seems like it.

Guest Bob Mahelp

I haven't read this the whole way through or looked at the announcement, but do we still need to 'check in' every time we go into a cafe, pub or restaurant from Monday ? 

Just now, Cardle is Magic said:

I’m going to be that they are still going to ask them to take contact info, won’t insist on table service or social distancing but you’ll need to wear a face covering when not sitting down.

Maybe they’re not just making it up as they go but it sure as f**k seems like it.

It's hard to stand up and drink a pint with a mask. If there is no standing then social distancing is absolutely still in place 

The guidance will be fun as to how many steps you can take before putting a mask on. The holes they dig for themselves are mental and no clear indication yet of the practical implications. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Yes

Then this whole thing is a fucking shambles. 

I'm only really interested in 2 things....being able to walk into a bar, cafe or restaurant without having to go through the pish of leaving details, and going to a football game that isn't controlled by the Gestapo and SS like Pittodrie has been the last couple of games. 

Awful. 

21 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I wouldn't be too sure.

Whilst that is true, if their very narrow margins of support for their government or independence are in jeopardy they will be forced into a rethink.

Edited by Abdul_Latif

18 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I wouldn't be too sure.

We had a poll recently howing that c30% of the population  back a permanent 10pm curfew, even when covid is not a threat.

The attitudes towards things like nightclubs and quarantining everyone who goes abroad were similarly alarming. 

It's "I'm alright Jack" at its worst. 

The FM makes things perfectly clear - it's just that she expects folk to be at the same intellectual level as her - and we're obviously not!

She needs to talk down to our level more so we can take notes with our crayons

It's not Nicola's fault