Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Or the SG could do the grown up thing and accept Covid is here forever and let everyone get on with it?

I think they have done that. My point is not having the freedom of action that normal countries have. But I accept that a lot of the Helens on here are bored and frustrated at having to consider the well being of others so they lash out and cry authoritarian or other such hysterical pish. 

1 minute ago, williemillersmoustache said:

I think they have done that. My point is not having the freedom of action that normal countries have. But I accept that a lot of the Helens on here are bored and frustrated at having to consider the well being of others so they lash out and cry authoritarian or other such hysterical pish. 

Independence is a completely different argument.

So the next briefing should be 14th September? I have a wedding on the 17th. What do people think the chances are this will be launched back to quizzes and table service as opposed to music/dancing and ‘vertical drinking’?

Still no chance of it happening with furlough finishing at the end of September…

8 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Let's hope this is not a train wreck.

12:24

Covid public inquiry confirmed

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon confirms the establishment of a statutory public inquiry into the pandemic.

She says process has now started and the inquiry will be established by the end of the year.

It will take a "person-centred, human rights approach", she says.

It will be a judge-led inquiry looking at all the areas that were within the "competence" of the Scottish government, including what happened in care homes.

Ms Sturgeon says the Scottish government will liaise with the UK government about their inquiry.

Rushing the inquiry so that many of the long term effects of lockdown won’t have been felt yet?

So the next briefing should be 14th September? I have a wedding on the 17th. What do people think the chances are this will be launched back to quizzes and table service as opposed to music/dancing and ‘vertical drinking’?
Still no chance of it happening with furlough finishing at the end of September…

The only way that happens is if England f**k it up spectacularly and have to reintroduce furlough until the end of the year.

The threat of another lockdown even though 90+ of Scotland are vaccinated, and still the fanboys are fawning over her. Deary me

Not really a threat. Ministers all the time say “we can’t rule out” etc. I think it’s more bluster as Todd said.

11 minutes ago, The Master said:

BBC Scottish headlines just there claiming that Nicola Sturgeon said that restrictions may have to be reimposed if cases continue to rise. 

She categorically never said that. It’s blatant lies. 

She said “It also means that if the surge continues or accelerates - and if we start to see evidence of a substantial increase in serious illness as a result – we cannot completely rule out having to reimpose some restrictions.”.

How are you determining that is blatant lies?

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-update-first-ministers-statement-24-august-2021/

4 minutes ago, D.V.T. said:

Not really a threat. Ministers all the time say “we can’t rule out” etc. I think it’s more bluster as Todd said.

We've had 18 months of bluster from the likes of BJ, NS, JL, Devi, Bauld, Ferguson etc. We dont need any more when people are actually enjoying life again. Bluster or a genuine threat, it was a kick in the baws of optimism 

55 minutes ago, FFCinthearea said:

But she might let him suck her cock.

Not sure that's acceptable tbh.  Up to you but reckon you might want to delete that.

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

What's a Helen?

And where did that name come from?

Asking for a friend.

Helen Lovejoy. Many on here who favour a more liberal approach refer to those of us who are more cautious as Lovejoys when their pearls are the most clutched item on earth, which I find amusing. Hence "Helens"

Edited by williemillersmoustache

6 minutes ago, Left Back said:

She said “It also means that if the surge continues or accelerates - and if we start to see evidence of a substantial increase in serious illness as a result – we cannot completely rule out having to reimpose some restrictions.”.

How are you determining that is blatant lies?

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-update-first-ministers-statement-24-august-2021/

Because the most important part about the increase in serious illness was left out.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Because the most important part about the increase in serious illness was left out.

Still not seeing what there is to get bent out of shape over.  I haven’t seen the headline mentioned but I think it’s a fair reflection of what was said.

If she’d ruled out having to re-impose restrictions then it would be a lie (but she’s a politician so any definites really means not in the next 30 seconds).

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Specifically @welshbairn but may be of interest to some.

Decided to come to the UK after all and the conclusion I'm left with is that it's all a big scam. Mrs JB and I had to take a rapid antigen test at the airport in Milan before our flight. This was checked before we could fly along with the Passenger Locator Form. Did a Day 2 test in the UK but not sure if anything would have happened if I hadn't. Then needed to take another RA test before flying back which wasn't looked at during check in or on return to Milan. The PLF was scrutinised however. Now doing 5 days quarantine here where we're supposed to do ANOTHER RA test before we can be released but again no-one seems to be enforcing it so I'm not doing it. So we spent a total of 210 notes as of now with potentially another 60 if we take the release test. 

In short, a lot of hoops to jump through despite being fully vaccinated. Wild.

Yes, we've been saying that for weeks. The UK is just screwing over its population, of that there's no doubt.

It's certainly nothing to do with "public Health" but ALL to do with making life difficult and blatant profiteering for their sleazy mates.

2 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Not sure that's acceptable tbh.  Up to you but reckon you might want to delete that.

Helen Lovejoy. Many on here who favour a more liberal covid-denying approach refer to those of us who are more cautious as Lovejoys when their pearls are the most clutched item on earth, which I find amusing. Hence "Helens"

Is this your new shtick on here? Anyone who criticises the scottish governments clowns running through a minefield approach is now a covid denier?

Im pretty sure I was one of the first to use the term Lovejoy in relation to the pandemic, im not a covid denier in any way, ive dealt with deaths of people from covid, know people who have died from it, my mrs working through it every day. Just because people don’t agree with your view that everything NS does is absolute infallible does not make them a covid denier. Id vaccinate everyone and have roving bands of vaccinators in every town. How you somehow bashed the keys together and arrived at the assumption that somehow makes me and others who are critical of the SG covid deniers is baffling. 

4 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Helen Lovejoy. Many on here who favour a more liberal covid-denying approach refer to those of us who are more cautious as Lovejoys when their pearls are the most clutched item on earth, which I find amusing. Hence "Helens"

You know fine well that there’s a huge difference between the general narrative on here and outright Covid denying.

Should always challenge things if you disagree, great, but simply making things up and accusing people of being something which they evidently aren’t is pretty pish chat.