Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Interesting reporting slant from the BBC.

Covid in Scotland: 'Frustration' over delay to jabs for 12-15s - BBC News

An NHS public health expert has said the delay in a decision on vaccinating young teenagers is "frustrating".

On Friday, the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) did not, as anticipated, recommend jabs for 12 to 15-year-olds.

Instead, it put responsibility onto chief medical officers to consider the benefits of extending the rollout.

Jillian Evans, from NHS Grampian, said going ahead would help prevent transmission of the virus.

So one health professional's opinion is what's reported against the agreed (albeit by a majority vote only) opinion of the JVCI

Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Membership

Professor Andrew Pollard, Chair (University of Oxford)

Professor Lim Wei Shen, Chair COVID-19 immunisation (Nottingham University Hospitals)

Professor Anthony Harnden, Deputy Chair (University of Oxford)

Dr Kevin Brown (Public Health England)

Dr Rebecca Cordery (Public Health England)

Dr Maggie Wearmouth (East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust)

Professor Matt Keeling (University of Warwick)

Alison Lawrence (lay member)

Professor Robert Read (Southampton General Hospital)

Professor Anthony Scott (London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine)

Professor Adam Finn (University of Bristol)

Dr Fiona van der Klis (National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, Netherlands)

Professor Maarten Postma (University of Groningen)

Professor Simon Kroll (Imperial College London)

Dr Martin Williams (University Hospitals Bristol)

Professor Jeremy Brown (University College London Hospitals)

That seems very strange to me. Why are we being 'nudged' to go against the JVCI both here and it seems down south?

Covid-19: Decision on jabs for children due in days - BBC News

2 minutes ago, Empty It said:
18 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:
Worst advert ever. 

Love how they've had to turn the comments off.

You can just imagine NS chuckling away to that, whilst simultaneously having no idea why her popularity is going down.

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

You can just imagine NS chuckling away to that, whilst simultaneously having no idea why her popularity is going down.

It really shows the wee bubble these c***s exist in, where a lecture is required for the scum that are spreading the virus, and they draft in this absolute horror show because she did some "hilarious" voiceovers of Sturgeons pandemic updates. What a minter

I once went to a 'best of' Glasgow Comedy festival at West Brewery. I assumed it was towards the end of the festival and they'd maybe cherry pick the best 3 or 4 smaller acts who got rave reviews for the evening.

I think it was actually the opening night. The first 3 performers were ok. A few laughs throughout. The 'headline' act was Janey Godley. The least funny comedy act I've ever seen.

2 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

That seems very strange to me. Why are we being 'nudged' to go against the JVCI both here and it seems down south?

Covid-19: Decision on jabs for children due in days - BBC News

Because the decision has already been made outside the UK and if we don't comply it will be impossible for British children aged 12-15 to go abroad.