Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Abdul_Latif said:

The implementation of vaccine passports for nightclubs and large events etc is one thing, but I’ve been thinking about the wider implications this afternoon.

Would you put it beyond especially SNP run councils to deny entry to libraries, gyms, swimming pools etc without proof of vaccination? I fear there is plenty to run on this, much of which has not even been considered yet.

Thin end of the wedge.

helen-lovejoy-pic.png

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If you have any evidence they do nothing to mitigate transmission I'd be delighted to hear it. It would mean countering the basic laws of physics, but have a go..

The particles are much smaller than the holes in masks. It's like trying to keep midges from biting with a string vest. 

Put on a mask, fart and if you can smell it then we have the required proof. 

4 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

The implementation of vaccine passports for nightclubs and large events etc is one thing, but I’ve been thinking about the wider implications this afternoon.

Would you put it beyond especially SNP run councils to deny entry to libraries, gyms, swimming pools etc without proof of vaccination? I fear there is plenty to run on this, much of which has not even been considered yet.

This sort of checkpoint two-tier dystopia is just like getting a yellow fever jag to travel down the Congo or paying with your bank card to The Simps on here.

5 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Scotland playing Denmark in the fitba the night. No masks required in that grown up country, and a population that isn't full of curtain twitching hypochondriacs.

But vaccine passports required to get in?

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If you have any evidence they do nothing to mitigate transmission I'd be delighted to hear it. It would mean countering the basic laws of physics, but have a go..

I mean given that cases are continuing to rise here and in other countries without a mask mandate, cases are levelling or falling clearly suggests that factors other than the presence of a mask are the drivers of rising cases and whether you have a mask on or not is not making any tangible difference.

Unless you honestly think that our cases would be even higher without masks.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

So you can't get in without proving you've been vaccinated, but you don't have to wear a face mask? Sounds pretty much like the new Scottish rules.

You don't have to wear a mask anywhere in Denmark and haven't for a while now, and when I say all of their restrictions will be lifted on 12 September, I mean all of them. They are binning them with lower vaccine uptake than we have - while we are now introducing fresh nonsense.

SIMPomania absolutely running wild here.

hulk-hulk-out.gif

Thin end of the wedge.
helen-lovejoy-pic.png
You may mock but it absolutely is the thin edge of the wedge to getting ID cards in the long run.

I don't trust the Tories on this and increasingly find the authoritarian streak in the SNP very disturbing.

I find it bizarre that people who would normally oppose ID cards seem so blasé and relaxed about vaccine passports.

22 minutes ago, Elixir said:

So nowhere near hospital breaking point - as cases are beginning to peak. You odious cretin. 

Yeah let’s wait until the hospitals are at breaking point before we take action. That’s the strategy we should adopt.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah let’s wait until the hospitals are at breaking point before we take action. That’s the strategy we should adopt.

Are you saying the vaccines don't work, old man?

Case growth is slowing dramatically and is beginning to peak already due to the EXTREMELY high percentage of people with immunity to the virus in the population. You also know it would be an impossibility for 'cases' to continue rising indefinitely, right? Right?

You fucking imbecile.

5 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

No-one is saying action shouldn't be taken but it needs to be proportionate and effective - today's announcement is neither proportionate or effective.

Well I suppose that’s the nub of it and it’s a matter of opinion.  Personally I think it is proportionate and, if it forces folk to get vaccinated, it will be effective.  I use the term forces deliberately because I believe all of us who can be inoculated have an obligation to do so.

What is not effective is gestures.

Are you saying the vaccines don't work, old man?
Case growth is slowing dramatically and is beginning to peak already due to the EXTREMELY high percentage of people with immunity to the virus in the population. You also know it would be an impossibility for 'cases' to continue rising indefinitely, right? Right?
You fucking imbecile.

Given that he thought we were 30 days from about 4 billions deaths last year im going to say no, he doesnt know that.

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Well I suppose that’s the nub of it and it’s a matter of opinion.  Personally I think it is proportionate and, if it forces folk to get vaccinated, it will be effective.  I use the term forces deliberately because I believe all of us who can be inoculated have an obligation to do so.

What is not effective is gestures.

You use it deliberately as you're a horrible old authoritarian. 

People should be vaccinated, effectively excluding them from society isn't a good look though.