Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

....if you can find any Danish statement saying that vaccine passports were a mistake, rather than a means to an end. There isn't one though. 

The onus is on the person stating that vaccine passports "served their purpose" in driving up vaccination levels to provide evidence, not the other way round. 

Thanks for playing anyway.

26 minutes ago, virginton said:

The onus is on the person stating that vaccine passports "served their purpose" in driving up vaccination levels to provide evidence, not the other way round. 

Thanks for playing anyway.

I said that the news that Denmark have finished with them doesn't help either side of the passport issue.

Swing and miss.

Just now, welshbairn said:

I said that the news that Denmark have finished with them doesn't help either side of the passport issue.

If you wildly confuse correlation with causation and don't require any evidence to accept the 'it's the vaccine passports wot won it', sure. 

But if you're not that utterly gormless, the picture is somewhat different. 

Swing and miss.
I think we have to assume it does, in that if it could be shown to be keeping anyone any safer, and its really not that big of a deal in terms of infringement of ones liberities and all that side of it, surely they would keep it active? I think to reach various conclusions you and others seem to be reaching (for example, its really about encouraging vaccine uptake) you have to assume that our politicians are lying to us about the motivations and science behind it....

That you are happy to reach that assumption then pile it on top of all the other SNP indiscretions that you seem happy to wave away is somewhat concerning to me.

16 minutes ago, virginton said:

If you wildly confuse correlation with causation and don't require any evidence to accept the 'it's the vaccine passports wot won it', sure. 

But if you're not that utterly gormless, the picture is somewhat different. 

I wasn't claiming it was the passports wot won it, I was saying it was as valid or invalid an argument as claiming Denmark's decision to stop requiring them as a justification for stopping passports over here.

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I think we have to assume it does, in that if it could be shown to be keeping anyone any safer, and its really not that big of a deal in terms of infringement of ones liberities and all that side of it, surely they would keep it active? I think to reach various conclusions you and others seem to be reaching (for example, its really about encouraging vaccine uptake) you have to assume that our politicians are lying to us about the motivations and science behind it....

That you are happy to reach that assumption then pile it on top of all the other SNP indiscretions that you seem happy to wave away is somewhat concerning to me.

You should be more concerned about the boy flashing his crotch at everyone in your avatar. Is it really necessary?

30 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Aye I was saying the Swedish approach has been totally justified. 

Of course it has. It was always going to be.

The bashing of it was always deep rooted in denial of the damaging impact of our (and therefore must be right) approach.

As has been the case throughout, the musings of those willing to look at the bigger picture instead of wailing and paroting the likes of "one death is too many" will be looked back upon in much better light when all is said and done.

5 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
5 hours ago, The Moonster said:
We've still got £350m to come in sure. Should buy a few more beds. 

A week wasn't it, 350m a week ! It was laughable at the time but it now looks preposterous !

The net contribution to the EU was about £12bn so the saving could be around £250mn per week. The £350mn came from our gross contribution before our rebate which we had no control over so the figure was not so preposterous.

Welshbairn's descent into trolling has been sad to witness.
The lack of the predicted millions of cases a week, thousands of deaths catastrophe that puts the whole world at risk, and subsequent Wuhan style lockdowns hasnt been received well by a few on this thread.

25 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
33 minutes ago, Elixir said:
Welshbairn's descent into trolling has been sad to witness.

The lack of the predicted millions of cases a week, thousands of deaths catastrophe that puts the whole world at risk, and subsequent Wuhan style lockdowns hasnt been received well by a few on this thread.

Yes, I'm furious that the death toll is only 4.5 million and feel humiliated that I thought masks might reduce transmission somewhat.