Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Who'd have thought 'contact tracing' an endemic respiratory virus is a pointless waste of time, money and effort. It's not Ebola or MERS. Would have been much better chucking all this money into the NHS as an all-round investment.

Yup, it’s all about facemasks. Got the car booked in for a service tomorrow, and just got the reminder text from the dealership…. ‘A REMINDER, your car is booked in tomorrow at…. blah, blah…. Remember you must wear a face covering… blah blah, no mention of anything else. Whatsoever. Their one-way drive-in system, the fact that you no longer check in at the service desk, you must drive a new route round the back… nothing. Facemask… 

Just watching the Budget on the telly and interesting to see the majority of the Conservatives, especially the Front Bench Cabinet Ministers mainly masked up.

It’s a total rewind from even only a week ago and it seems we are destined to have these dammed useless masks and the theatre around them for a while yet.

1 minute ago, deegee said:

Just watching the Budget on the telly and interesting to see the majority of the Conservatives, especially the Front Bench Cabinet Ministers mainly masked up.

It’s a total rewind from even only a week ago and it seems we are destined to have these dammed useless masks and the theatre around them for a while yet.

A Tory mp tested positive over the weekend after Rees mogg said because they all were pals they couldn't catch it 

44 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

To be fair, it's a bit hard to take someone who is bleating about the NHS being overwhelmed seriously when she is the size of a beached whale and as a result part of the most vulnerable group for covid.

She should lead by example.

It’s pure misogyny.

When we criticise male politicians, it is normally about their character or personality.  When women politicians get criticised, it is normally about their appearance.  Jackie Baillie is a classic example of this 

1 minute ago, Wee Bully said:

It’s pure misogyny.

When we criticise male politicians, it is normally about their character or personality.  When women politicians get criticised, it is normally about their appearance.  Jackie Baillie is a classic example of this 

It's not like the turncoat arse-licking unionist Tory-Lite doesn't have plenty of things to criticise her for rather than her body shape. 

Quoting Mark Harper and James Melville in the same 24 hours tho.

Screenshot_2021-10-27_13.39.42-removebg-preview (1).png

A little bit bewildered with the whole booster jag / flu jag roll out tbh.

I was given an appointment for a booster that I couldn't make. No appointments available online so phoned them. Nothing available on the phone either so had to cancel.

Fast forward a few weeks and Ive called them again. "We don't have any appointments available, sorry." On top of that, I can only book my flu jag through the covid vaccine service, and they are giving them at the same time so can't get that either. Drop in flu vaccines only open to over 70s atm. Drop in booster jags are not a thing.

I get they might be busy, but you can't on one hand appeal for people to get their flu and booster jags then simultaneously make it absolutely impossible for them to book them 😂

Edited by Todd_is_God

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

I was given an appointment for a booster that I couldn't make. No appointments available online so phoned them. Nothing available on the phone either so had to cancel.

Fast forward a few weeks and Ive called them again. "We don't have any appointments available, sorry." On top of that, I can only book my flu jag through the covid vaccine service, and they are giving them at the same time so can't get that either. Drop in flu vaccines only open to over 70s atm. Drop in booster jags are not a thing.

I get they might be busy, but you can't on one hand appeal for people to get their flu and booster jags then simultaneously make it absolutely impossible for them to book them 😂

It’s nonsensical. We should be making it as easy as possible. 

4 hours ago, Elixir said:

Meanwhile, Jabba the Jardine clearly values public health!

Harper is only raging because guys like me are spending our cash in our local bakers and butchers etc as opposed to greasing the palm of the big city interests of tossers like him.

The last time I was in Central London, a couple of the places that I would sometimes go to were closed, presumably permanently . Pret and the likes were not amongst them - all open as normal. 

It's a myth that WFH only harms the biggies like Pret and Starbucks;, they will be the last ones standing whilst the small businesses will fold first. 

8 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

A pal of my parents went to the vaccine centre with no appointment and just asked if he could have it. Sure, they said. Jagged him right away. 

11 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I'm due a 3rd primary vaccine, not the booster, due to having blood cancer but NHS Highland haven't set up any clinics for them. They've set up 1 clinic within inverness for the booster but only people registered to certain GPs can go there. Roll out is a shambles.

NHS Highland said wait for a letter and on no account phone your GP. GP's website said phone them to book your jags so I did, got them 2 days later. Get the impression the GPs are organising things better than the centrally organised places.

I'm due a 3rd primary vaccine, not the booster, due to having blood cancer but NHS Highland haven't set up any clinics for them. They've set up 1 clinic within inverness for the booster but only people registered to certain GPs can go there. Roll out is a shambles.
That's terrible to hear, hope you can get it sorted soon.

1 minute ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

I asked the doctor who jagged me if there was any difference between a 3rd primary vaccine and a booster, she said no, the booster is exactly the same dose.