Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Not bothered at all. Pointing and laughing at you though. 

Yes that's exactly what's happening here, as a tragic old man complains about coloured dots against his shite contributions.

DB46B0A0-EBBD-4647-848D-4FBB216816F0.png.f06261953792899bb6bce53b6ac3a64c.png

3 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

I've referred to John Swinney as a baldy, specky tube on numerous occasions.

Used to work at the Company that bought Scotam where Swinney used to work.  It was a fairly often quoted story about one of the IT management using the line “f**k off you bald specky p***k” when he was trying to be self-important.  Never witnessed it myself but knowing the alleged perpetrator I wouldn’t be surprised if it was true.

On 26/10/2021 at 13:49, Wee Bully said:

Agreed.  What’s your point?

At no point have I offered a certainty.  I haven’t said “the drop off in attendance was due to a boycott”.  I have noted there was a boycott, and there are a lot of women stating that they do not feel safe in clubs just now, and asked whether that could have been contributory to the decline in footfall.

In other words, are there a number of factors at play, or is it “just” the vaccine passport causing it?

The boycott is on the news tonight.  On the night it’s been campaigned for.  I won’t bother wasting my time quoting the huge amount of media links from all the days leading up to this (you can find them yourself with the help of google if you really don’t believe me.  It’s called girls night in).

Now the actual boycott is here and participants are talking about it are you willing to admit you’ve got this entirely wrong?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/7911414/glasgow-christmas-lights-cancelled-virtual-moment/

Between Glasgow’s Christmas Market on George Square today (non COVID related I believe), the City Council have sucked even more joy out of families’ Christmas by ditching the lights switch-on, due to COVID passports etc. Whilst we’ve taken great strides on the road to more normality, albeit frustratingly slow, this year, it’s surely time we had the courage and confidence to be able to have folks and their kids out for an hour in an evening to see the lights going on? Even more so if you consider the same volume of crowds can shop in places like Braehead, Silverburn etc over the festive season!

36 minutes ago, deegee said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/7911414/glasgow-christmas-lights-cancelled-virtual-moment/

Between Glasgow’s Christmas Market on George Square today (non COVID related I believe), the City Council have sucked even more joy out of families’ Christmas by ditching the lights switch-on, due to COVID passports etc. Whilst we’ve taken great strides on the road to more normality, albeit frustratingly slow, this year, it’s surely time we had the courage and confidence to be able to have folks and their kids out for an hour in an evening to see the lights going on? Even more so if you consider the same volume of crowds can shop in places like Braehead, Silverburn etc over the festive season!

The fact the Markets and Christmas light switch on happens outside makes it all the more baffling. I know the market situation was billed as being Cop26 related but that finishes 12 Nov (iirc), surely they could have ran the markets even a week later than normal 

2 hours ago, Left Back said:

The boycott is on the news tonight.  On the night it’s been campaigned for.  I won’t bother wasting my time quoting the huge amount of media links from all the days leading up to this (you can find them yourself with the help of google if you really don’t believe me.  It’s called girls night in).

Now the actual boycott is here and participants are talking about it are you willing to admit you’ve got this entirely wrong?

You’re right. These things spring out of thin air, and none of the participants were worried before.

Is this the first time you’ve seen it?  

49 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

....rather than engaging your own brain and actually thinking for yourself?

After 2 days of making an arse of yourself, that's pretty clear bud. 🤣

Oh, I engage and think about it. You said some sensible things on the Sarah Everard thread.  You abandoned that thought process here, as it didn’t work for you any more.  I’d maybe think about why you did that. Were you ever sincere?

Has anyone been at football or some other non nightclub setting and been asked to show their "covid passport"? Been at football twice now and not been asked or seen anyone else look like they were having to show any documentation to get in. 

Not sure the validity of the attendance numbers as a deciding point anyway, if i go to a 9,000 seat stadium or a 40,000+ seat stadium I will likely have the same number of people in close proximity to me entering or sitting at my seat, my breath and that of others can only go so far so i'm not really sure of the public health benefits of setting criteria on the basis of attendance, if there is indeed any benefit at all in the entire passport scenario. 

20 minutes ago, ddfg said:

Has anyone been at football or some other non nightclub setting and been asked to show their "covid passport"? Been at football twice now and not been asked or seen anyone else look like they were having to show any documentation to get in. 

Not sure the validity of the attendance numbers as a deciding point anyway, if i go to a 9,000 seat stadium or a 40,000+ seat stadium I will likely have the same number of people in close proximity to me entering or sitting at my seat, my breath and that of others can only go so far so i'm not really sure of the public health benefits of setting criteria on the basis of attendance, if there is indeed any benefit at all in the entire passport scenario. 

Not a single check at Celtic Park a week past Tuesday (I sit in 113 section of Lisbon Lions Stand, the traditional “away end”) but tv that evening showed checks upon access at the front of the stadium. On Saturday, there was a total ring of new COVID stewards around all access points. I am personally really unhappy with these measures, even if they hardly impact on me, and walked around stadium to find a few stewards nearer the access at superstore, seemingly not caring less and waving everyone through without any checks and that’s how I got past the cordon. 

As you say, I am in no more close contact than at any other ground in Scotland where a chunk of fans choose to sit/ stand together. I was at Kirkintilloch Rob Roy versus Pollock the other week and the covered terrace was packed due to the rain and dare I say it, fans were more closer and vocal than at an SPL stadium!

9 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

The fact the Markets and Christmas light switch on happens outside makes it all the more baffling. I know the market situation was billed as being Cop26 related but that finishes 12 Nov (iirc), surely they could have ran the markets even a week later than normal 

I think a lot of councils are either playing the political game of being seen to “care more” or dressing up the cancellation of this and umpteen firework displays next week due to restrictions, when it’s more than likely about finance and making savings, with a sprinkling of politics thrown in for good measure.

The local (to me) bonfire & fireworks at Bridge of Allan is 100% going ahead and it is run by the Round Table. It’s always a great evening and raises loads for charities. I’ll definitely be there and enjoying the show along with several thousand other locals, with more risk to my health caused by the indulgence of burgers and chips to heat me up on a chilly evening.

1 hour ago, ddfg said:

went to a gig a few weeks back, before the actual enforcement date and was asked to show it.  As far as I could tell everyone was asked.  No more than a cursory glance and you could have had any app open on your phone.  Had the same experience at a gig in England.

Might try that for a laugh next time I have to use it.  Have a different app open on my phone and see what happens.

18 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Do many in the NHS want the public to loathe it? Truly fantastic communications from our 'heroes'!

I have sympathy for people who cannot see their GP because they aren't doing face to face appointments, and have no access to a drop in centre.

What are people meant to do if the only access they have to medical help is A&E?

The entire system is broken and needs massively overhauled.