Coronavirus (COVID-19)

See if you choose to wear a mask? Fair enough, that's your decision.
See if you choose to wear a mask outside and it is clearly sodden in the horrendous pishing rain? You are an utter imbecile.
dismay.png

I was out at the shops yesterday and had the pram with me. My hands were freezing from the wind and pishing rain and so I wasn't bothering taking my mask off between shops. When I was walking down the street with it I did briefly think "I bet some angry, judgemental weirdo would be rushing on this thread to post about it if they saw someone like me wearing a mask outside."

Honestly, who gives a f**k what other people are doing if it doesn't affect you in any way?

And for the record, the mask stayed dry under my hood.

3 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Image the people who think a) this will actually be adhered to, b) that such theatrics actually make a difference to viral transmission, or worse c) those who might actually comply.

Simply absurd.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

I was out at the shops yesterday and had the pram with me. My hands were freezing from the wind and pishing rain and so I wasn't bothering taking my mask off between shops. When I was walking down the street with it I did briefly think "I bet some angry, judgemental weirdo would be rushing on this thread to post about it if they saw someone like me wearing a mask outside."

Honestly, who gives a f**k what other people are doing if it doesn't affect you in any way?

And for the record, the mask stayed dry under my hood.

That's great, at least we've cleared up that there also shouldn't be any judgement made for those who choose not to wear a damp bit of cloth over their gub. But people continuing to wear masks does have an affect too: it continues to symbolise a threat that has since passed and prolongs a climate of fear. This has long since been established by the 'behavioural science' legends.

52 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It's October......

It's November on Monday, and the previous "scary predictions" used the data from the middle of last September / beginning of last October to show how we would see the increases again this year and that would bring the pressure.

Thanks for taking the time out from posting conspiracy theories to play, though.

Edited by Todd_is_God

11 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

It's November on Monday, and the previous "scary predictions" used the data from the middle of last September / beginning of last October to show how we would see the increases again this year and that would bring the pressure.

Thanks for taking the time out from posting conspiracy theories to play, though.

I'm currently looking at the tree outside my kitchen window and it's still full of leaves. 

Winter seasonality hasn't kicked in yet. We are still 6 weeks away from the solstice. 

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

That's great, at least we've cleared up that there also shouldn't be any judgement made for those who choose not to wear a damp bit of cloth over their gub. But people continuing to wear masks does have an affect too: it continues to symbolise a threat that has since passed and prolongs a climate of fear. This has long since been established by the 'behavioural science' legends.

Me or anyone else could be walking around wearing the Red Power Ranger's helmet or Kane from the WWE's mask, it makes f**k all difference to you and is quite frankly none of your business. The idea that a person walking around in pishing rain (or any other weather) with a mask on creates a climate of fear is quite frankly nonsense.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Me or anyone else could be walking around wearing the Red Power Ranger's helmet or Kane from the WWE's mask, it makes f**k all difference to you and is quite frankly none of your business. The idea that a person walking around in pishing rain (or any other weather) with a mask on creates a climate of fear is quite frankly nonsense.

Wrong.

Going on a bus and seeing everyone wearing a face covering is not a welcoming atmosphere. Do you really want to see all the passengers dressed as if it is the site of the Chernobyl fallout?

I've got no issue with mask mandates if a) There is a genuine public health emergency; and b) Such mandates will genuinely alleviate the impact of such emergency on the health service.

However, there is no doubt that seeing everyone dressed as if they're in a biohazard zone contributes to the sense of ongoing emergency.

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I'm currently looking at the tree outside my kitchen window and it's still full of leaves. 

Winter seasonality hasn't kicked in yet. We are still 6 weeks away from the solstice. 

Unsurprisingly, you have spectacularly missed the point.

When initially presenting Plan A and and B Whitty et al were at great lengths in early September to highlight that hospitalisations and deaths were higher than last year at that time, and that they were likely about to start rising because that is the time last year they started doing so, hence the potential need for a Plan B in the first place.

The media, headlines no doubt already written, will have been choking for Plan B to be needed. However, as the only thing that was rising was cases, the emphasis went on them.

Daily Summary for @oaksoft :   Deaths 20 (20 day before),  ICU cases 65 up 5   (? new admissions),  In hospital with confirmed Covid 926 same  (128 new admissions).    Not the best day.

Figures for Jags.  1st Vaccines  1,658  2nd vaccines  1,878

Daily Cases Update:   Virtually no change today. Backlog from Glasgow Lighthouse means cases next few days are unclear. Remember this thread is a 7 day total with a 3 day lag as that gives most accurate data.

Teuchters in Aberdeenshire & Orkney smashing it.  Glasgow still falling.

Much of Europe is surging as well in terms of weekly increase. Czech up 102%, Hungary 92%, Norway 65%, Denmark 73% Poland 70% the quickest risers in last week.

Total Cases Scotland 7 days 21st October to 27th October  were  17,992 to 17,969 down 0.13%, Positivity was 9.1% now 8.9%.  Cases per 100K were 329.2 now 328.7

Home Nations Daily Cases per 100K update  :  UK Average   477.1 to 465.7 down 2.39%, England  480.5 to 467.9 down 2.62%, Wales 685.5 to 667.1 down 2.68%, Northern Ireland  467.4 to 467.2 down 0.04%  Deaths  186

In Europe for travellers (Countries Population over 3 Million) Serbia 548 (weekly change up 2%), Croatia 538 (weekly up 65%), Romania 507 (weekly -7%), Bulgaria 481 (Weekly up 29%),  Slovakia 434 (weekly up 63%), Belgium 372 (Week up 62%), Ukraine 347 (Week up 44%), Ireland  297 (Weekly up 9%), Austria 284 (Week up 36%), Czech Rep 269 (Weekly up 102%), Moldova 269 (Weekly -2%), Netherlands 255 (weekly up 56%) These are the only countries over 250 cases per 100K.   The Baltic states Latvia 939, Lithuania 758, & Estonia 847 with smaller populations are in a bad way 

Scotland  peaks in wave 4 at 817.1 for 1st Sep to 7th Sep, (UK was 392.1), Cases that day were 44,663 and positivity 12.5%

Scotland peaks in Wave 3 at 425.1 for 27th June to 3rd July, (UK was 229.9) . Cases that day were 23,222 and positivity 10.8%

Scotland  peaked in wave 2 at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Clackmannanshire  629.8 to 622.0  

Aberdeenshire  423.7 to 462.8  Some rise up the table. 

Orkney Islands  397.3 to 442.0   Imagine their hospital will be the next one squealing

West Lothian   442.3 to 416.2

Fife   426.6 to 415.6

North Lanarkshire   412.7 to 406.9  

East Ayrshire  414.5 to 383.2

Stirling 416.7 to 380.5

Argyll & Bute  334.8 to 371.1  Up 20% in 2 days.

Dundee City   360.8 to 362.9 

Angus  354.0 to 352.3

Falkirk 350.6 to 350.0

East Lothian   358.7 to 345.7

West Dunbartonshire  355.4 to 338.5 

North Ayrshire    296.5 to 331.5  Up 5 places and well over 10%

Aberdeen City  301.2 to 329.6  Up 10 places in 2 days.

BELOW AVERAGE 

East Dunbartonshire  336.6 to 320.9 

South Lanarkshire  308.0 to 315.8 

Moray  294.6 to 308.2

Perth & Kinross  326.5 to 296.9

Dumfries & Galloway  283.2 to 296.0

Highlands 296.1 to 295.6

Renfrewshire 299.9 to 291.5  

Scottish  Borders   277.7 to 283.8  

Western Isles   294.3 to 279.2 

Midlothian  275.9 to 278.0

Inverclyde  280.3 to 276.4