Coronavirus (COVID-19)

50 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm assuming you're referring to this.

Unlike your certainty that they do nothing, I think they must have some effect, the question is whether or not it's enough to make them worthwhile. 

Given what we are seeing south of the border and across the continent, I think we can safely assume the answer lies somewhere between 'nothing' and 'f**k all'. They're certainly good at wrecking business confidence and giving society another pointless reason to be divided, though.

4 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Given what we are seeing south of the border and across the continent, I think we can safely assume the answer lies somewhere between 'nothing' and 'f**k all'. They're certainly good at wrecking business confidence and giving society another pointless reason to be divided, though.

You're a better man than me if you can be definitive about cause and effect and mitigation effectiveness in the global yoyo that is Covid19.

3 hours ago, Donathan said:

This would essentially be the sort of impact that can be created by social distancing rules and possibly even that stupid scotch egg rule. 

I would advise as many of you as possible to move down south if the opportunity presents itself. I live in Essex and you’d barely know there’s even a pandemic on at the moment, which is fantastic. We are truly learning to live with it down here. 

I was down at the Lakeside a couple of weeks ago for a meal and some bar hopping.   You're right, it's as if there's no pandemic down there and that's the way it should be.

Is coercing now going to be upgraded to essentially forcing. I assume the younger folk were being 'coerced' before (not sure if it helped at all), unsure if this is the case now. I guess comparing our case rates and R number to England over the winter would be a gauge as to whether it was worthwhile - again it may never happen. I have a feeling it won't or it will be some trivial change around masks.

2 hours ago, Elixir said:

Let's not forget over 92% of those aged 16+ are fully vaccinated in Scotland already anyway, with 70%+ of vulnerable groups already having received a booster. Hospitalisations are falling at a steady pace. It is simply massive overreach from this pathetic administration.

As for face masks, maybe they'll mandate medical grade ones, so cloth rags are no longer permitted. That's working well in Germany... oh. Wait, no, it's not making a blind bit of difference there.

Tbh it all reminds me of ‘measures’ to ‘keep people safe’ from earlier in the year like making takeaways serve from the door and 1 metre distancing between groups of 15 people that make absolutely no difference to anything but look like the SG is doing something.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

You're a better man than me if you can be definitive about cause and effect and mitigation effectiveness in the global yoyo that is Covid19.

We know that cases rose, peaked and then collapsed in England without any of these pantomime measures. Cases can no longer rise to a point they will threaten the health service before they start falling again. This is simply a mathematical fact due to vaccination levels and immunity conferred from natural infection across most of Europe - certainly in Scotland at this stage.

Just imagine the health weirdos got their way a few weeks back about 'Plan B' being introduced in England just as cases started to collapse. Unfortunately we will no doubt see further meddling in Scotland during the current natural fluctuation, which will then be met with 'see, they work!' simping from the usual suspects when they naturally trend downwards again.

11 minutes ago, superbigal said:

3852 cases reported yesterday.  No doubt why Swinney was paraded.  Early days but that is a 40% rise on the current 7 day average.  Do not see any lab fuckups being blamed.

Positivity stable at 9.1% - 44,434 tests conducted.

14 minutes ago, superbigal said:

3852 cases reported yesterday.  No doubt why Swinney was paraded.  Early days but that is a 40% rise on the current 7 day average.  Do not see any lab fuckups being blamed.

You should work for the media with this type of misuse of statistics.

It represents a 10% rise on the same day for the previous week, a stonking 75% lower than the fearmongering figure you chose.

25 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

@welshbairnand @Wee Bullyand the rest of the crew have gone very silent on the large increases in cases in mainland Europe.

It's almost as though they have just realised that they have spent the last 18 months talking shite about vaccine passports and masks working to keep cases under control.

Remember the numpty who claimed that masks would cut cases literally overnight because someone in an Australian area had announced that happened there? Was his username JTS something?

To be honest, I’ve “gone silent” as there is no discussion in this thread.  It is a waste of time and effort debating with “the Main Players”, and I’m restricting myself to pointing and laughing.

The last day or so has been peak moonhowling.  Fill your boots guys.

10 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

The last day or so has been peak moonhowling.  Fill your boots guys.

Yeah, pointing out the futile nature of pantomime 'health measures' sure is moonhowling, you pathetic boot licker.

So cases trending up slightly in Scotland again - I'm sure it's not the expected fluctuation of a now endemic virus that will naturally rise and fall over time, but is in actual fact an EXPONENTIALLY GROWING, DEVESTATING 9TH WAVE!!!11 Clearly, we need to take draconian measures to get this back under control!

Edited by Elixir

3 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

It’s very obvious that the Scottish government, including the previous labour admin , think that the pleb population are a bunch of jakey bams who can’t be trusted to control their own alcohol consumption. This is true for some and is often comedically celebrated in our media, but it is a loud minority who do this, most don’t
Scotlands relationship with alcohol, is an entirely different conversation

🤣 You've never been in a city centre on a Friday or Saturday night after midnight, have you?  The last time I was on Edinburgh's Lothian Road on a Saturday night/Sunday morning it was like a scene from the end of the first "Kingsman" movie mixed in with the after effects of a greatly extended happy hour in a vodka distillery. 

I suppose it could have been a one-off...... 

30 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

You should work for the media with this type of misuse of statistics.

It represents a 10% rise on the same day for the previous week, a stonking 75% lower than the fearmongering figure you chose.

Is that so.

Well figures for 2nd Nov were 3022 cases.  Figures for 9th "currently" 3852

That in the real world is 27.47% rise on the equivalent day.

Can you explain the 10% rise and i will apologise.

52 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Seriously welshy?

FFS bud! 🤣

How many more waves is it going to take for you to realise your dear leader and her colleagues doesn't know what she is talking about?

I mean there's stubbornness over taking a position on something and then there's what you are doing. 🤯

Wee virus, big holes. Wake up sheeple! FTFY

7 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Is that so.

Well figures for 2nd Nov were 3022 cases.  Figures for 9th "currently" 3852

That in the real world is 27.47% rise on the equivalent day.

Can you explain the 10% rise and i will apologise.

A week ago was 3rd Nov. I think his figures are about right for 3rd to 10th.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Correct, there is a difference between pontificating on the General Nonsense Section (nuff said) of a football forum and actually having the responsibility for minimizing the effects of the, now endemic, virus.

Considering we're (UK figures) currently running at over 1000 deaths per month from a respiratory virus that is more problematical in winter and that we haven't even started proper winter yet I find the "nothing to see here, mate" comments on the thread complacent in the extreme.

Edited by btb