Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Empty It said:

Surely a negative test is more likely to prevent the spread of covid so what's the argument for not allowing it instead of a vax passport?

Because the sole purpose of vaccine passports is to incentivise getting vaccinated.

Allowing people to pick up a free LFT, enter a code online, and say they don't have it (without ever actually taking the test) completely undermines that.

Swinney threatening vaccine passport use in more places? Surely not! I thought that was just nonsense talk from nut jobs and conspiracy theorists 🙄

The SG have shown themselves to be dictators since July with the upkeep of masks and vaccine passport introduction. The sad part is it will go unchallenged and the fan boys on here will hang on their every word as usual. No right minded person can agree or shrug their shoulders about what is happening. It's an abuse of power. 

4 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Surely a negative test is more likely to prevent the spread of covid so what's the argument for not allowing it instead of a vax passport?

Unless they are administered by a medical professional or in view of an official witness, a negative test is meaningless.

You could rub it on your balls, present a negative result and walk into anywhere you like fully infectious. 

Edited by Abdul_Latif

5 minutes ago, Empty It said:

To be different. At one point we were the only country in Europe not offering proof of negative test as an entry requirement. Not sure if we still are. 

The SNP have went right down in my estimation but theyll still be voted in next election by a landslide. 

2 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Unless they are administered by a medical professional or in view of an official witness, a negative test is meaningless.

You could rub it on your balls, present a negative result and walk into anywhere you like fully infectious. 

So it's just like being vaccinated?

1 minute ago, Abdul_Latif said:

You could walk into anywhere fully infectious with a vax passport too.

The whole thing is a farce now, with politicians and experts seemingly unable to let go of the meddling and unprecedented limelight. Sturgeon's claim of not keeping restrictions in place a minute longer than needed was clearly a bare-faced lie.

To be different. At one point we were the only country in Europe not offering proof of negative test as an entry requirement. Not sure if we still are. 
The SNP have went right down in my estimation but theyll still be voted in next election by a landslide. 
Certainly won't be getting my vote again until the likes of Swinney is binned.

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

You could walk into anywhere fully infectious with a vax passport too.

The whole thing is a farce now, with politicians and experts seemingly unable to let go of the meddling and unprecedented limelight. Sturgeon's claim of not keeping restrictions in place a minute longer than needed was clearly a bare-faced lie.

That’s the point I’m making.

The public can’t take a reliable test so its useless. 

7 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

I'd rather shove the swab up a nostril than down my jap's eye. (There must be a better term but I've been assured it's still ok in Ayrshire.)

Nightlife economy already desperately screwed up and they want to introduce this final nail in the coffin for no justifiable reason? I couldn't find a bar open in central Glasgow past 11pm on a Thursday night a few weeks ago ffs.