Coronavirus (COVID-19)

25 minutes ago, Snafu said:

With our policy of if one person in a household gets the virus, everyone in that house has to isolate for 10 days regardless of vaccine status.

Isn't Scotland just going to shut down very soon or am I not understanding this right?

I think that may well be the point.

If omicron is really as transmissible aa some are predicting, you’re going to end up with hundreds of thousands of people at home because a partner/child/ parent has a cold.

All while the SG doesn’t have to pay a penny in support.

FWIW, just back from an evening in Aberdeen and the pubs I visited were genuinely rammed ("sorry, can I squeeze by") levels with numerous groups of a dozen or so most likely on a Xmas party continuation.  Next week will be interesting considering that it was notably busier than anything I've seen of late.

#HelenLovejoy

If Omicron transmits faster than Usain Bolt why do fit and healthy people with a negative test need to do 10 days covid jail. If its as deadly as she makes out you'd have it by the time you've been tested, mooching about the house all day with an infected partner rather than being out at work surely increases the chances of getting the rona. 

Our work Christmas was binned within a couple of hours of the "update".

It's not just the pubs that will be suffering. I'm sure I'm not the only one who lives far enough from their work to justify a hotel for the night. That's obviously cancelled now as well.

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

How did the four nations call go, then? Was the begging bowl filled with gold? Or was she told to f**k off?

Apparently Rishi Sunk said "take as much as you need".

Then exclusive footage leaked.

wwtbam-who-wants-to-be-a-millionaire.gif 

18 minutes ago, GTee said:

Been reading back through posts for a bit. Few beers in. However. Double jabbed followed by a negative test, indicating you are virus free. But you still have to isolate for 10 days if you are a close contact. Is this right?

Aye.  Is North Korea not the other place where they lock people up based on nothing other family association?

I would estimate the likes of Jason Leitch is now a millionaire by encouraging people to wash their hands, put a bit of cloth over your mouy when going for a pish, and suggesting we should meet our families outside on Christmas Day. It is clear that the 6 people from 2 households etc was made up pish. Cummings, Calderwood, Ferguson, SNP wifie, Christmas parties etc, shows how much they were worried about it. We now have a number of the most effective vaccines ever produced (very quickly 🤔) and it's as if we are at start again. Was onboard for most of it, but now quite happily to tell any of these politician c**nts to GTF. 

Been reading back through posts for a bit. Few beers in. However. Double jabbed followed by a negative test, indicating you are virus free. But you still have to isolate for 10 days if you are a close contact. Is this right?
"From 11 December 2021, if you’re identified as a household contact of a positive COVID-19 case, you will be advised to self-isolate for 10 days irrespective of vaccination status, PCR test result and age".

https://www.gov.scot/coronavirus-covid-19/