Coronavirus (COVID-19)

40 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Just been chastised by someone on twitter for calling the omicron variant the sniffles. ‘I take it you’ll refuse medical care if you get it’. Has anyone with omicron needed medical care?

According to The European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, as of today there are zero people in Europe 'ill' with omicron, ie more than mild symptoms.

Love the fact that scientists belonging to a political pressure group still won't wind their neck in after repeatedly making an arse of themselves. They might well think they'll just be lost in the general noise of Covid, but we see you. 

Sorry, Deepti, we haven't forgotten about your penchant for being repeatedly wrong, or your unevidenced fearmongering. We will continue to file your contributions right into the bin where they belong. 

MILLIONS AFFECTED! And yet not one single source of evidence highlighting this atrocity!

And finally, a long standing favorite. The infamous "nearly 200k cases a day" tweet when lockdown measures were relaxed. 

E5ePHLLWUAABsEV.jpg

2 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

There are around 10,000 smoking related deaths in Scotland each year and around 33,500 hospital admissions each year that are related to smoking.   Anyone got any idea the equivalent figures in Scotland are for Covid?   Given the restrictions that have taken place to date I’m assuming Covid stats must be at least ten times the figures for smoking?

Funnily enough, there is actually quite a decent body of evidence that points to smokers being at less risk of catching Covid. yXAbrOQ.png

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

The absolute brass neck of this.....

She is mentally ill and needs help.

27 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Good night out in the George Orwell in Dundee.
Hardly a hotspot but very nice none the less and I'm blootered .
Didn't buy a shite kebab.

Big fan of the George Orwell. 

Usually a big fan of a shite kebab afterwards, often to my regret in the morning.

6 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
39 minutes ago, 101 said:
The mirror keep on pulling them out the bag. Another social event, another lie?

Con +4

Luckily they are going down but only -3 I think, that said Labour are polling at their highest rate with pollsters since 2014.

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Interesting thread on the severity of Omicron.

I hope this guy is right.

Omicron - Let it rip! 

4 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

We were at the Birkhill Inn for lunch today. It was absolutely fucking rammed. Glorious.

I was at Behind The Wall in Falkirk last night. Was pretty busy. No c**t wearing a mask.

4 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

We were at the Birkhill Inn for lunch today. It was absolutely fucking rammed. Glorious.

I’m loving this. 

Struggling to tie it in with “hospitality is dead”, but I’m sure I’ll be told why what you’re saying is nonsense.