Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Savage Henry said:

The issue is, I think, that the government realises that folk are going to try and circumvent the testing and any half measure will simply be ignored.  So they’re going to go the whole hog and shut or severely limit these events. 

If they do, the rebirth of the illegal rave is on.

No way young adults at the least risk are just going to accept again having f**k all to do in what should be the prime of their lives.

24 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’ve just been trying to book a booster jab. There’s literally no appointments. They’ve got absolutely no chance of vaccinating everyone by the end of the month. What a ridiculous target. 

Treat yourself to a day out in Dundee. Loads here 

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Well I’m into full blown panic mode at what’s coming tomorrow now. Discussing on the radio that Scotland might go similar to Southern Ireland with restrictions which would just about break me at this point.

I'd probably add that, in terms of the Scottish government, at least they can't really do anything. They don't have enough money to shut businesses on their own so I expect it will come down to 'only 4 people from 2 households, apart from Xmas Day when as many as you what are allowed ' or something like it that can just be ignored. 

What's more concerning is the fear of the virus that some people have that affects others. like people refusing to see their grandchildren 'because of Omicron'. The culture of fear the Govt seems to have created means that people make up their own illogical restrictions. 

I'd probably add that, in terms of the Scottish government, at least they can't really do anything. They don't have enough money to shut businesses on their own so I expect it will come down to 'only 4 people from 2 households, apart from Xmas Day when as many as you what are allowed ' or something like it that can just be ignored. 
What's more concerning is the fear of the virus that some people have that affects others. like people refusing to see their grandchildren 'because of Omicron'. The culture of fear the Govt seems to have created means that people make up their own illogical restrictions. 
How on earth could they try to limit mixing in your own house and at the same time you could freely mix in hospitality settings. That would be ludicrous. If hospitality stays open then household mixing limits simply wouldn't hold up.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Well I’m into full blown panic mode at what’s coming tomorrow now. Discussing on the radio that Scotland might go similar to Southern Ireland with restrictions which would just about break me at this point.

Just for fun here's what they are.

In terms of impact on me personally it's just about tolerable apart from being disastrous for ice hockey.

As above unless the UK treasury are funding grants for affected businesses I don't even see how they can even go this far.

Screenshot_20211213-185758_Chrome.jpg

51 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Was meant to be going to a Del Amitri concert on Sunday that the wife got tickets for due to it being for NHS staff. Its just been cancelled. Possibly foreshadowing whats to come. 

Don't worry about a del amitri concert. 

Nothing ever happens. 

11 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

IF they do announce ‘only four people from two households in one car as long as they are in the same bubble of three houses, unless one is a bungalow, and as long as yer auntie has baws, she’d be yer uncle. Our guidance allows for one grandchild from one of three houses, but only if accompanied by an uncle from a fifth household, but leave the windows open and wear yer’ masks’…’

They can fcuk off if they think I’m obeying any of it this time.

Edited by pozbaird

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

IF they do announce ‘only four people from two households in one car as long as they are in the same bubble of three houses, unless one is a bungalow, and as long as yer auntie has baws, she’d be yer uncle. Our guidance allows for one grandchild from one of three houses, but only if accompanied by an uncle from a fifth household, but leave the windows open and wear yer’ masks’…’

They can fcuk off if they think I’m obeying any of it this time.

What if the announcement is just people should shop alone?

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

What if the announcement is just people should shop alone?

I’d do what I did before. Go to the shop and the two of us would go in, get a huge shopping done in jig time, and limit our visits to shops.

I really, genuinely, could not give two flying fcuks about having done this. Did it then, would do it tomorrow, the next day, and the fcuking next.