Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Omicron can't be that bad 🙄

This bit annoys me the most

“But we're not considering the closure of schools. Children have suffered more than any, and everybody has suffered in this, but children have suffered disproportionately.”

That's absolute bollocks

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

This bit annoys me the most

“But we're not considering the closure of schools. Children have suffered more than any, and everybody has suffered in this, but children have suffered disproportionately.”

That's absolute bollocks

HelenLovejoy.gif

I tend to the avoid West FM due to the near constant Covid propaganda in between songs. Had it on the car earlier and heard an advert from the bold Leitch simpering about protecting ourselves, our families and our NHS. Never thought I'd see the NHS being used in this way to pull at heart strings, but we're at "our brave boys" levels of sycophancy 

Javid says there are 200,000 cases a day at the moment. 
So you can deduce that most folk don't have a clue they have it. 

Edit: or he is lying and making things up. 

The goalposts seem to be shifting totally on the number of cases. They should only use the positive test numbers but it now seems a huge number is being plucked as an unconfirmed, untested random figure and being used in public to represent "infections" as opposed to cases.

Just now, Billy Jean King said:
17 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:
Javid says there are 200,000 cases a day at the moment. 
So you can deduce that most folk don't have a clue they have it. 

Edit: or he is lying and making things up. 

The goalposts seem to be shifting totally on the number of cases. They should only use the positive test numbers but it now seems a huge number is being plucked as an unconfirmed, untested random figure and being used in public to represent "infections" as opposed to cases.

They've always estimated that cases are 4-5x higher than reported. Crucially, they have seldom if ever made reference to this in government communications and just accepted it. 

This is utter desperation on show here, purely because the PM is down a massive hole that he dug himself into. 

It's genuinely bemusing how the default position seems to be "restrictions" to protect the NHS rather than questions being asked as to how the NHS can be properly funded so we never have to face a situation like this again.

Last year was understandable with cases increasing going into winter and there being no vaccine coverage. That we're a year on and the government are still peddling "protect the NHS" is a disgrace. Surely that's their job and the fact they've neglected and underfunded it for years has now left the public facing weeks/months of uncertainty and possible further restrictions on life.

Its probably fairly easy to find but I'd love to know the amount that has, and probably will, be spent on propping up businesses in the name of protecting the NHS. I'm fairly sure that, whatever the amount, it would have gone a whole lot further had it been put into the NHS instead.

I tend to the avoid West FM due to the near constant Covid propaganda in between songs. Had it on the car earlier and heard an advert from the bold Leitch simpering about protecting ourselves, our families and our NHS. Never thought I'd see the NHS being used in this way to pull at heart strings, but we're at "our brave boys" levels of sycophancy 
It's a Scottish Government advertising campaign, it's not being run by the NHS. As measures go an effective awareness campaign is one of the more sensible ones (no idea if this one is effective or not as never listen to shite like West FM to hear it). Just tune to a non commercial station and it's one less thing to annoy you.

Halting Scottish Leagues 1 & 2 ought to sort it all.
Fantastic shout. All back to zero points and resume after the window opens.
Nobody's a Falkirk fan, m8.
Nobodys a cement fan m8, except you
It's genuinely bemusing how the default position seems to be "restrictions" to protect the NHS rather than questions being asked as to how the NHS can be properly funded so we never have to face a situation like this again.

Last year was understandable with cases increasing going into winter and there being no vaccine coverage. That we're a year on and the government are still peddling "protect the NHS" is a disgrace. Surely that's their job and the fact they've neglected and underfunded it for years has now left the public facing weeks/months of uncertainty and possible further restrictions on life.

Its probably fairly easy to find but I'd love to know the amount that has, and probably will, be spent on propping up businesses in the name of protecting the NHS. I'm fairly sure that, whatever the amount, it would have gone a whole lot further had it been put into the NHS instead.
You have to refer to it as "our NHS".

I have no doubt that has been put in an internal memo. Its way too prevalent not to have been.

Our NHS this our NHS that. Go and f**k yourself.