Coronavirus (COVID-19)

15 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Meant to be going to the pantomime at the weekend with the eldest child but going to cancel. Will probably take both kids out of nursery/school next week too. Meant to be going away for Christmas so don't want threat of isolation hanging over us. Can't get a refund on the panto tickets but will be cancelling meal before it. Seen lots of inverness restaurants saying they have huge availability this weekend due to sheer amount of cancellations. 

I honestly don’t see the point in the schools staying open from yesterday onwards. If we’re protecting the vulnerable but not cancelling Christmas, surely it makes sense to cut the germ factories off at their source. Keeping them in to spread their ickiness among each other until a couple of days before the main event = “ok kids, let’s see if we can’t kill Granny this Christmas”.

59 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I feel the minority are going to get their way and have things like sports/gigs shut down. I’m going to Amy MacDonald tomorrow and the abuse she is getting on social media is appalling. People saying she’ll have “deaths on her hands” if she lets the show go ahead. Think she’ll bow to the pressure and postpone it. Scunnering that in a society that’s on to triple vaccines there’s still a desire for people to stay at home hiding behind their sofa. How about folk that want to “live” like that do it, and let the rest of us enjoy gigs or football after a shit 2 years. 

Same with the cup final on Sunday. A lot of people won’t go due to their concerns and think the game should be moved to next year.  

Just now, Lisa Cuddy said:

I honestly don’t see the point in the schools staying open from yesterday onwards. If we’re protecting the vulnerable but not cancelling Christmas, surely it makes sense to cut the germ factories off at their source. Keeping them in to spread their ickiness among each other until a couple of days before the main event = “ok kids, let’s see if we can’t kill Granny this Christmas”.

Yup and they aren't exactly the easiest to do a covid test on either, to check before your visit to granny! 

Had tickets for a gig in Stirling tonight and the band have just postponed it with a few hours notice.

Is it looking likely that we'll all be at work full-time with extremely limited leisure opportunities again? I really dont fucking fancy that. 

I am genuinely in a position whereby I am relying on the Tory backbenches for sanity.
What the f**k is going on?!
Backbenchers of the Conservative Party have always voted against the government if they felt they had to, its one of their strongest assests as it means they can, and have, gotten leaders to step down when the time came.

It's a pity the Party in charge up here aren't able to allow their members to do the same thing as it could have stopped some of this nonsense we've had.

The fact Westminster MP's tend to be of a much higher standard than Holyrood helps as well. A significant number of MSPs are barely councillor level.

1 hour ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Such as that may be, considerations are and have to be much wider than they were even this time last year.

Politicians have been open in saying they have to consider the mental health aspect of stopping human contact and the effect school closures have on safe guarding of children.

It’s not as black and white as Sage or the like may see it.

But not the mental health aspect on business owners and employees, caused by clowncar government ministers and quangos strongly advising people not to give them their custom. Just the impact on the weans of sitting in the house on Monday. 

Right you are then. 

57 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Martindale was calling for a circuit breaker either today or yesterday. Problem is, the famous "circuit breaker" technique never really works. If fitba up here shuts for "a couple of weeks", realistically that'll be it closed till March, and the season won't finish. 

Well that's one upside; pull the shutters down now. 

1 minute ago, virginton said:

But not the mental health aspect on business owners and employees, caused by clowncar government ministers and quangos strongly advising people not to give them their custom. Just the impact on the weans of sitting in the house on Monday. 

Right you are then. 

I mean that’s not at all what I was getting at.

Lockdowns see human contact almost ended and cause enormous mental suffering for a lot of people.

I wasn't making any comment on the irresponsible nature of telling people to stay away from businesses and not the covering them financially. Which by the way, is a disgrace.

Just now, Robin.Hood said:

Wild.

Maybe just dundee but seems fairly atraugjt forward to get an appointment. Still spaces for Satuday and plenty for Sunday and so on. 

Tried 5 different towns including Inverness and I game up midway through February. 

8 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Tried 5 different towns including Inverness and I game up midway through February. 

Inverness are still only doing boosters appointments and drop ins for over 40s. Maybe next year they'll get to 18-40. 

Edited by Honest Saints Fan

1 minute ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Inverness are still only doing boosters appointments and drop ins for over 40s. Maybe next year they'll get to 18-40. 

Aye seems to be the case for the whole Highlands. I’ll get mine in April or something.