Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Got my booster for the 5th of January, only goes to 3 months since my 2nd jag on the 28th of December and am I f**k getting floored by my jag for the 3rd time over the holiday period.

On company time thanks very much, hope they don’t give me bloody Moderna again cause it hit me harder than the last episode of The Office (US)

28 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I remember arguing with one of the many iterations of the caddy when he point blank tried to argue that pandemic planning was solely the responsibility of the UK government, if that is the case (and we know it isnt because there are several documents which show this) then why is the SNP holding an inquiry into its handling of the planning and management of the pandemic? 

To deflect blame onto Westminster.  Have you learned nothing of how Scottish politics works?  Good news = using our devolved powers.  Bad news = reserved powers.

My work have brought back a one way system despite the fact after yesterday they have limited it to about 4 people being allowed in the office each day [emoji854][emoji854][emoji854] (our office is massive)
Yip we have had likewise for the HQ building, back to the way we were in full lockdown ie need your name to be on an allowed list to be given access and even then at alloted time slots. Also been told to cancel all remaining Christmas party nights, lunches and general work nights out. Also all training and interventions that had been back to FtF have returned to remote only. All this when we all permanently WFH primarily too !

21 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The funny thing about booster walk-ins is that they aren't advertised, it's all rumours.  I'm going to take my wife out to Ingilston tomorrow morning to see if she can get one but I've also head that OT are doing them but it's never confirmed.  A Scottish journalist posted on Twitter that she got one at a pharmacy on Great Junction Street.  Some people are saying that you need to not have an appointment to get a booster, but you can just cancel them while waiting in the queue surely?

Are you in Edinburgh? The NHS Fife people have been really good about advertising drop ins on twitter and Facebook.

29 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

61k tests is insane, funny enough I’ve still no had my results from my PCR on Monday, usually pretty prompt.

This might be rubbish (probably is)but one of my wife’s pals told her that if you are positive for Covid then they put your test through a further process to see if it’s Omicrom.

21 minutes ago, strichener said:

To deflect blame onto Westminster.  Have you learned nothing of how Scottish politics works?  Good news = using our devolved powers.  Bad news = reserved powers.

Westminster absolutely deserves just as much blame. Its sad to see how political Sturgeon and them down there have made this shite when both are equally culpable. 

South Africa has a fairly low vaccination rate, however its worth pointing out that their seropositivty rate is something like 72% in the areas where Omicron hit. I.e. they've been hit so hard by the previous three waves that the severity of Omicron in a immune-naive population may be confounded.