Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Stolen from FB:

"Prince Charles is isolating at Balmoral with Covid-19.

Prince Andrew is isolating at Windsor with Jennifer-14"

You should hook up with Bishop Briggs. You could start your own breaking news company.

Thinking about it, I hope he dies. And his Dad who was talking about going to the pub 2 weeks ago.
Cummings could have left via a back door but runs off in front of the cameras.

Saying that, there probably is a very expensive way that it can be treated that won’t be available to us all.

23 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Police in North Wales have set up check points on the border, to stop tourists travelling into the country.

Interesting to see that in operation on Boundary Lane in Saltney near Chester.  The border runs down the middle of the road.

9 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I get that profits matter but it’s not just our life's. Someone from our work could spread it to hundreds on a train and most of them will be key workers now. One guy in India closed down an entire town by ignoring advice.

I really thought I stayed in a modern democratic and safe country where I would be protected as much as possible. This is totally reckless and hopefully we all get through it but I can’t see anyone happy about it and the morale and level of work will be pointless anyway.

They are still taking orders and told us we won’t be getting any bonus as well. 

From a legal standpoint and health and safety can anyone help with this question please?

They have advised anyone who can work from home to do so, this is obviously because the workplace isn’t safe for them. Therefore how can it be deemed safe for us? 

I had this feeling over last weekend and then into Monday, however I've now got over it and have hit the "fcuk it" stage.

The working from home thing is being rolled out to as many as possible which means the people still using the office aren't crammed in and there is ample space to avoid people.

In fairness to our work they have got 2 spaces between each desk, only 1 person allowed in the lifts at a time and "social distancing" is being taken seriously by almost all. The cleaners are constantly wiping down all the doors, vending machines etc and all in all we're just getting on with it.

On the subject of public transport, I'm based in Glasgow but commute from Ayrshire, the trains are now really quiet and the buses are empty so again social distancing hasn't been an issue.

That all said, I'd still feel better / safer working from home but I'm trying not to worry about it too much. 

Que sera sera as they say.

On 22/03/2020 at 10:07, Granny Danger said:

Don’t need to be a maths wizard to see where we will be in a fortnight if growth doesn’t slow.

ETA 3 million plus infected, 57,000 plus dead.  In Scotland.  In a fortnight.

5 days later - Confirmed cases rise to 1059 and 33 people dead in Scotland.

Lockdown defo working IMO.

Section 44 of the employment rights is your friend

https://section44.co.uk/

I get that profits matter but it’s not just our life's. Someone from our work could spread it to hundreds on a train and most of them will be key workers now. One guy in India closed down an entire town by ignoring advice.
I really thought I stayed in a modern democratic and safe country where I would be protected as much as possible. This is totally reckless and hopefully we all get through it but I can’t see anyone happy about it and the morale and level of work will be pointless anyway.
They are still taking orders and told us we won’t be getting any bonus as well. 
From a legal standpoint and health and safety can anyone help with this question please?
They have advised anyone who can work from home to do so, this is obviously because the workplace isn’t safe for them. Therefore how can it be deemed safe for us? 

33 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Not unexpected, I'd reckon we'll be over the 300 daily mark by Sunday.

I think we might get between 300 and 400 tomorrow, that's the 1st time we've veered back towards doubling every 2 days for quite a wee while, seemingly these figures don't include those dying at home, don't know if true. 

29 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Police in North Wales have set up check points on the border, to stop tourists travelling into the country.

Interesting. Could Wales (or indeed Scotland) actually close its borders to the rest of the UK?

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

I think we might get between 300 and 400 tomorrow, that's the 1st time we've veered back towards doubling every 2 days for quite a wee while, seemingly these figures don't include those dying at home, don't know if true. 

They also don't include anyone whose family don't want them counted on the official statistics according to Jason Leitch.

Just now, ayrmad said:

That's what France were doing also as they're only including those verified with the virus who've died in hospital, which would make you think that that the real figures will be much much higher.

I'd reckon there's also a good few dead in their homes that haven't been discovered yet.

(You know me, always the optimist).

If it was actually unsafe/dangerous to work supermarkets would have to close as well.

Places are closing down to stop the spread of infection to relieve pressure on the NHS not because the workers (without underlying conditions) are in danger. 

It's always worth keeping in mind that the virus is mild for the vast majority of people. 

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

That's what France were doing also as they're only including those verified with the virus who've died in hospital, which would make you think that that the real figures will be much much higher.

I'd reckon there's also a good few dead in their homes that haven't been discovered yet.

(You know me, always the optimist)

At least that pish from Vine won't see the light of day again.