Coronavirus (COVID-19)

44 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Asked for clarification about returning to work. Apparently there's an ongoing risk assessment. This is friday and being asked to go back monday.

Was told via conference call two days ago that number one priority is the health and safety of employees but then at the same time receive an email from HR seeing they've actively went out and seeked guidance on if they weren't essential or not.

Apparently we are essential, no idea where the info has come from and who said it.

What we do doesnt directly effect anything to do with coronavirus.

Not really sure what to do, been left hanging with 'speak to hr' response but they will just give it the hardline response.

It's a complete contradiction and not in keeping with their own policies not to mention immoral and borderline illegal.

FFS

Sounds like someone needs to suggest the threat of legal action to HR. That's language they might take heed of.

Had a quick walk earlier and saw folk queuing up at a cash machine. No social distancing being observed of course, and they'll be handing that cash over to someone else at some point.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Sounds like someone needs to suggest the threat of legal action to HR. That's language they might take heed of.

I get that profits matter but it’s not just our life's. Someone from our work could spread it to hundreds on a train and most of them will be key workers now. One guy in India closed down an entire town by ignoring advice.

I really thought I stayed in a modern democratic and safe country where I would be protected as much as possible. This is totally reckless and hopefully we all get through it but I can’t see anyone happy about it and the morale and level of work will be pointless anyway.

They are still taking orders and told us we won’t be getting any bonus as well. 

From a legal standpoint and health and safety can anyone help with this question please?

They have advised anyone who can work from home to do so, this is obviously because the workplace isn’t safe for them. Therefore how can it be deemed safe for us? 

Just now, Shandon Par said:

That's excellent. I expect you will be hanged at the Tower of London now but it was worth it. You should go to art school. 

Yeah I know. I didn’t draw the pic particularly for him it was just something I had been working on in the last couple hours.