Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

The data that it has peaked already in London shows how quickly this will blow over.

It looks extremely close to having peaked here too, but will need another day or two to be sure because of the way this data is not updated over the weekend up here.

What an absolute non-event.

20211220_165548.jpg

20211220_170038.jpg

Edited by Todd_is_God

The difference is that Wetsminster can make those noises because at a stroke they can fund support.
Sturgeon cannot and never has had that power.
She is either struggling to understand the limits of her powers or she is knowingly using the hospitality industry as a pawn to get more powers for Scotland and further the cause of independence. Neither of those is a good look.

You have responded to a totally different point to the one of mine your quoting. I wasn't referring to any governments "making noises" no idea what your on about there. My point was businesses appealing for support.

I think it's fair to say that people are shopping for a lot more than just "essentials" if supermarkets which are normally dead are suddenly packed to the gunnels.
It's the week before Christmas of course Supermarkets are mobbed, what would you expect. Folk are not stopping food shopping especially not in the traditional busiest week of the year. It's no indication that folk are ignoring the messaging as any publican, restaurant or cafe owner will tell you unless you are now claiming these business owners are lying and business is normal for them. The point is a supermarket car park is no indication of public compliance with government advice.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

I think it's fair to say that people are shopping for a lot more than just "essentials" if supermarkets which are normally dead are suddenly packed to the gunnels.

It is the very first time in my considerable experience that the huge car park  in Morrisons has been totally occupied. I quoted my neighbour as her observation runs contrary to the narrative pushed by some of a dead footfall in major shopping areas. Certainly my own little patch in Kennoway continues to be fully active. If the "science" is at all accurate, look for a major Covid spike in central Fife soon.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Well to be fair, at least we have something to contribute.

I'll find your contribution somewhere if I look hard enough...... 😜

He's an absolute nothing poster. Deary me.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Mind that brief spell of Polis checking the "neccessity" of what folk were coming out of shops with. emoji23.png

No not really every polis I've known personally has ignored the dafter fringe of the restrictions throughout tbh. Unless someone grasses pretending not to see flat parties etc. Could just be the folk I know though 

No not really every polis I've known personally has ignored the dafter fringe of the restrictions throughout tbh. Unless someone grasses pretending not to see flat parties etc. Could just be the folk I know though 
It made the news and the Police heid yins had to tell them to calm the f**k down. I think it might have been easter eggs and wine that were targeted. Truly the mentalest of times.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
5 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

It made the news and the Police heid yins had to tell them to calm the f**k down. I think it might have been easter eggs and wine that were targeted. Truly the mentalest of times.

I think there was a couple of isolated incidents, don’t think that was ever widespread.

I do remember wales making supermarkets close off non essential sections that included tampons in Tesco :lol:

Just now, Bairnardo said:
4 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

If you say so. I know especially down south they were mental going about parks and that with loud hailers but can't say I ever noted police taking Easter eggs off people. I've avoided the covid news cycle as much as possible unless there's obviously some change coming up so could have passed me by. 

If you say so. I know especially down south they were mental going about parks and that with loud hailers but can't say I ever noted police taking Easter eggs off people. I've avoided the covid news cycle as much as possible unless there's obviously some change coming up so could have passed me by. 

Oh aye im sure it wasnt widespread, im defo not imagining it though. Just one of the fucking mental ways folk began treating other folk last year which tied in with your judging what folk have in their trolleys thing.

Two hours of deliberations - but little in the way of answers

[https://ichef]

Damian Grammaticas
Political correspondent

The PM had been urged to give clarity. The nation was waiting to hear if there would be more restrictions coming - and if so, what and when?
Boris Johnson and his cabinet had spent more than two hours deliberating. But what Johnson told us didn’t answer those questions.
On how serious things are, he said there were still “uncertainties” and “we should keep the data under review”.
On what possible action might come, he said: “We are looking at all kinds of things."
Could it still happen before Christmas? “We will rule nothing out,” he replied.
So this was a decision by the PM not to do more right now, despite the fact he said cases were “surging".
Was that because of doubts around the cabinet table? Or because the PM - as he pointed out - believes people are already adapting their behaviour and he wants more time to see if that’s enough to control the spread of Omicron?
Perhaps, but it perpetuates the uncertainty. And, as the scientists have said, delay has consequences in itself, because cases continue to surge.

8 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Ian Blackford seething that Johnson didn’t announce a lockdown 

I'm a suspicious sort... wouldn't surprise me at all if BoJo wanted to have more restrictions but couldn't face the prospect of another couple of right-wing nutter resignations from his cabinet. 

1 minute ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I'm a suspicious sort... wouldn't surprise me at all if BoJo wanted to have more restrictions but couldn't face the prospect of another couple of right-wing nutter resignations from his cabinet. 

I doubt he gives a shit who resigns from his cabinet.  He’ll be more worried about Graham Brady’s inbox.