Coronavirus (COVID-19)

36 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:
1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:
If you mean wanting them to observe the same restrictions as everywhere else, then sure

Except that's not what he meant, you know it, you can't acknowledge the inconsistency, and you certainly won't discuss it reasonably.

Care to elaborate? Genuinely.

41 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Remember when pubs could open but weren't allowed to serve alcohol? 

Supermarkets closing aisles of 'non essential' products - like clothes apparently. Wonder why they don't introduce any type of shopping restrictions at the moment - click and collect, limit numbers for distancing perhaps? Must be one of the busiest sectors at this time of year, with significant social contacts. Surely this would be an effective way to reduce the spread. 

I have not posted on this thread since I made a complete minter of myself about 18 months ago.
I never thought I would hear myself say this, but I am completely done with the SNP. 
They have based these restrictions on absolutely nothing, Omicron is the variant that will end this, just like the Spanish flu imo. Hospital numbers and deaths are not rising.
Some people might think I'm a mad anti-vaxer because I didn't get my vaccination, but I'm not, I think the vaccine has worked wonders for the vulnerable. I initially missed my first appointment due to me getting the dates mixed up, then when I was going to get it, the SG came in with the passport shite and pretty much made me feel like a 2nd class citizen, so I thought 'f**k you Sturgeon' I'm not bowing down to your 'get a vaccination or else' dictatorship.
This might also sound mad, but I love my football, and this c**t has taken it away for a second time based on absolutely fucking nothing! People might find this argument pretty pathetic of me, but it's my argument and it's what's really pissed me off.
Companies are on their knees again and the SNP say they can't help because the UK Gov won't give them more money, but when there's no need to put the restrictions on in the first place... c**t.
TL:DR - 18 months on, I'm still having a minter.
Can't wait for auld man Danger to come on and hold you personally to blame for old people dying of covid.

1 hour ago, Binos said:

Thatcher, 4 defeats in 10 years

Blair, 4 defeats in 10 years

Cameron/May/Johnson, 59 defeats in 10 years 

Now tell us how many times the SNP members have rebelled against the leadership for what they see as the good of the country to stop the leader doing exactly whatever they decide to do?

If you believe that Sturgeon being able to make unilateral decisions is healthy you need to do some reading on history.

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

If you mean wanting them to observe the same restrictions as everywhere else, then sure

As you know, it's gone way beyond that on here.

Lots of references to God Botherers and Sky Fairies.  Just yesterday, someone was enraged that relatives had contracted it at a Christmas Eve service, rather than by shopping or going to a restaurant. 

That sort of thing happens all the time on here.  I've even seen death wished upon church goers on this thread.  

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

As you know, it's gone way beyond that on here.

Lots of references to God Botherers and Sky Fairies.  Just yesterday, someone was enraged that relatives had contracted it at a Christmas Eve service, rather than by shopping or going to a restaurant. 

That sort of thing happens all the time on here.  I've even seen death wished upon church goers on this thread.  

That's not quite what happened now, was it?

It was ridicule that someone who was forbidding others to partake in unsafe, selfish activities in case they brought it into the family at Christmas went on themselves to catch it at a nice, safe activity.

Don't let that get in the way of your wee story now.

ETA it's perfectly fair to be critical of those who prioritise (or at least wish to treat differently / be exempt from similar restrictions) the need to worship a fictional character from a book over real life people, jobs and businesses btw.

Edited by Todd_is_God

17 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Now tell us how many times the SNP members have rebelled against the leadership for what they see as the good of the country to stop the leader doing exactly whatever they decide to do?

If you believe that Sturgeon being able to make unilateral decisions is healthy you need to do some reading on history.

The same decisions the rest of Europe is making 

8 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

it's perfectly fair to be critical of those who prioritise (or at least wish to treat differently / be exempt from similar restrictions) the need to worship a fictional character from a book over real life people, jobs and businesses btw.

That is the very definition of:

""It's only [thing I don't care about]. We don't need that"

It's hilarious that you can't see it.  

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That is the very definition of:

""It's only [thing I don't care about]. We don't need that"

It's hilarious that you can't see it.  

What are you talking about? He’s clearly saying that these places should not be treated differently/prioritised over other sectors that have been restricted. No issue with churches being open, they should be, but they shouldn’t be kept open whilst other less dangerous places are forced to shut/restrict numbers. It’s basic stuff here.

Well, the fiancees family has had a Covid outbreak linked to Christmas lunch.

Guess where the infection has been traced back too?

The pub? No they don’t drink
The football? Oh no they hate the sport
The theatre? Not been in years
A restaurant? No we’re avoiding them just now
A supermarket? No they get it delivered

It was picked up at a church event on Christmas Eve. The same churches that have absolutely no restrictions.

Just yesterday, someone was enraged.  

Erm, nah.

24 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

That's not quite what happened now, was it?

It was ridicule that someone who was forbidding others to partake in unsafe, selfish activities in case they brought it into the family at Christmas went on themselves to catch it at a nice, safe activity.

Don't let that get in the way of your wee story now.

That's actually not true at all.

Here's the relevant post from Mizfit in full:

"Well, the fiancees family has had a Covid outbreak linked to Christmas lunch. Guess where the infection has been traced back too? 

The pub? No they don’t drink 
The football? Oh no they hate the sport
The theatre? Not been in years 
A restaurant? No we’re avoiding them just now
A supermarket? No they get it delivered 

It was picked up at a church event on Christmas Eve. The same churches that have absolutely no restrictions."

Don't let that get in the way etc.