Coronavirus (COVID-19)

12 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

The answer will of course be to shut shops as well. 

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

The answer will of course be to shut shops as well. 

Hopefully we go back to the early stages of closures, when places like Tesco had to close off their book aisles and the like. That was what really kept us safe.

I'm going to be at maximum seethe about 3 pm today. I am absolutely raging that Boxing Day football has been taken away because our government have a petty grudge.

I'll probably have changed that opinion by about 3.15 pm.

47 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Aye, a very good summary of the arbitrary nature of the rules. It does beggar believe, that Silverburn is safe but Forthbank isn't. Has anyone asked Jason Leitch that? No doubt he would dance on the head of a pin and come up with some contrivance. 

Edited by Trogdor

44 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Sounds like a paranoid crackpot with his own political agenda.  Should fit right in on this thread.

Great article. Football fans need to consider the Scottish Government and Nicola Stugeon in particular as an enemy from here onwards. 

As a lifelong supporter of independence and a longtime (now erstwhile) member of the SNP, I cannot wait until this absolute charlatan of a First Minister vanishes from public life. 

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Aye, a very good summary of the arbitrary nature of the rules. It does beggar believe, that Silverburn is safe but Forthbank isn't. Has anyone asked Jasin Leitch that? No doubt he would dance on the head of a pin and come up with some contrivance. 

Just shows how useless Scottish politicians and the Scottish media are.

2 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Great article. Football fans need to consider the Scottish Government and Nicola Stugeon in particular as an enemy from here onwards. 

As a lifelong supporter of independence and a longtime (now erstwhile) member of the SNP, I cannot wait until this absolute charlatan of a First Minister vanishes from public life. 

I suspect that even when she eventually goes she’ll linger on. Like Tony Blair. Just getting more grey, more haggard and more desperate for attention. Their only value being as a marker of time and a reminder of how it changes us all.

Felt a bit rough last night, couple ibuprofen and a lemsip and an early night.  Feeling better today beyond a cough and a blocked nose, just another week of being locked in the house.  Hurray.  

Just to add the stories folk have shared about family members being bat-shit crazy on both sides of the argument.  I have almost definitely caught this from my brother who isn't vaccinated (not anti-vax per se, just has the view he isn't going to get ill if he gets it so what's the point) and who thinks this whole thing is a carry on that's fuelled by the media.  The other day we both went to visit our old man.  My brother was sitting there with a cough and said it wasn't covid because it was a phlegmy cough and that wasn't covid (apparently).  Two days later, I go for my pre-flight PCR so we can spend Hogmanay with my other half's side of the family in Ireland and my result comes back positive on Christmas morning.  

I call my brother and let him know, he says he doesn't care and he still wants to come round.  I say I don't think it's a good idea given I definitely have the virus, but he admits that he deliberately didn't get tested despite knowing he probably had the virus and still went to visit our Dad and has now, in all probability, passed it on to me.  That means I know spend the remaining time of my holidays in the covid jail and I'm a few hundred quid out of pocket due to flights we can no longer use.  He doesn't seem to see the issue with this and is now acting like we're over-reacting to all of this.  Doesn't understand that while I'm not massively ill just now it means we can't go to visit the in-laws when she was desperately looking forward to it.    Can't help but feel he's been a selfish arsehole here.  

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Are you describing yourself again? 

Cutting-edge political analysis there.

I’d never heard of mcmenemy so did a wee Google search without much joy.  He seems a wee bit shy on his LinkedIn profile “Iain McMenemy started his career in communications at 18 years of age with one of the major UK political parties…”.  Why is he so reluctant to reveal which major political party?

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’d never heard of mcmenemy so did a wee Google search without much joy.  He seems a wee bit shy on his LinkedIn profile “Iain McMenemy started his career in communications at 18 years of age with one of the major UK political parties…”.  Why is he so reluctant to reveal which major political party?

Probably because he doesn't want stalked by you. That'd be my guess.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Yes, working somewhere at the age of 18 means that he is a raving Tory, as that is the only possibly reason that anyone could ever criticise Nicola Sturgeon.