Coronavirus (COVID-19)

10 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

My eldest stepdaughter has fallen out with us because we won't go over to hers on Boxing Day.

The reason is that she tested positive just 3 days ago. I'm not personally scared but I'm not prepared to risk it when I'll be seeing elderly relatives over the next week who all have underlying health conditions - one being my stepfather who has Alzheimers and is in a care home.

We've tried to explain but, quite frankly, she (and my son-in-law) just won't listen. They are both unvaccinated - both have had Covid twice and heading down the anti-vaxx rabbit hole. We've no issue with her choices - what we do have an issue with is the guilt-tripping shite that accompanies it. She's already called her mum selfish - the same mum who's undergone cancer treatment and who's immune system has been weakened because of that treatment - I genuinely despair.

That is mental tbf. Literally has Covid and demanding someone with a weakened immune system goes round and essentially intentionally catches it.

34 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

My eldest stepdaughter has fallen out with us because we won't go over to hers on Boxing Day.

The reason is that she tested positive just 3 days ago. I'm not personally scared but I'm not prepared to risk it when I'll be seeing elderly relatives over the next week who all have underlying health conditions - one being my stepfather who has Alzheimers and is in a care home.

We've tried to explain but, quite frankly, she (and my son-in-law) just won't listen. They are both unvaccinated - both have had Covid twice and heading down the anti-vaxx rabbit hole. We've no issue with her choices - what we do have an issue with is the guilt-tripping shite that accompanies it. She's already called her mum selfish - the same mum who's undergone cancer treatment and who's immune system has been weakened because of that treatment - I genuinely despair.

Yeah this is what annoys me. Folk are free to make their choices but they don’t always want to live with the consequences. No one is forcing your stepdaughter to get vaccinated etc but she needs to face up to what comes with that. 

I don’t have a problem with my mother in law being nervous, it’s the imposing of her views on us and the burden of her feeling safe to see her granddaughter has been put on us. 

Just now, Joe Terrapin said:

Wife tested positive via LFT yesterday and has a sore throat. I tested negative and have no symptoms. Both went for PCR and awaiting results. We were cooking the turkey but every other item for Christmas day dinner including drink is at her mothers. Merry Christmas everyone.

Can they not nick round and leave it on your doorstep? Or get them to stick it on their doorstep and you go round and pick it up?

Just now, Rugster said:

Can they not nick round and leave it on your doorstep? Or get them to stick it on their doorstep and you go round and pick it up?

Aw you mean you were cooking it and going round their with it to have dinner. Sorry

I'm honestly gobsmacked at the number of people cancelling their Christmas plans because they have a cold (or, even worse, no symptoms at all).

These same people would be quite happy to not cancel if the SG said yesterday "it's mild, so don't worry about it"

Make your own life decisions (like every other year up to 2019) and enjoy your Christmas ffs 😂

I'm honestly gobsmacked at the number of people cancelling their Christmas plans because they have a cold (or, even worse, no symptoms at all).
These same people would be quite happy to not cancel if the SG said yesterday "it's mild, so don't worry about it"
Make your own life decisions (like every other year up to 2019) and enjoy your Christmas ffs [emoji23]
Why where is the graph showing these people that you are gobsmacked at ?

Merry Xmas all