Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Scots can celebrate Christmas but should be "cautious" to keep the Omicron variant at bay, National Clinical Director Jason Leitch said.

Prof Leitch said it was "impossible" to cancel Christmas and people were free to gather to celebrate with loved ones.

"How you do that is up to you, but we're asking you to be as careful and as cautious as you can be," he said.

Prof Leitch said he had faith that Scots knew how to keep safe and would not "throw caution to the wind".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-59781360

Why don’t you just f**k off Jason for one day you p***k. 

27 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Private pcr back, positive result. That's the trip away fucked. Shite present for Christmas morning that!

Thanks pal, I actually feel relatively fine beyond a slight headache.  Funny thing is, I did a couple lateral flows for my own edification and they've come back negative. 

14 hours ago, Scosha said:

My Mrs family are asking everyone to sit with masks on throughout the day but it’s ok to have them off when they’re all round the dinner table :lol: :lol: 

You cannot be serious!

6 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

I was told 2-3'days to get my PCR results. The self reporting system is fucking risible though. My sequence was:

- Report positive LFT
- Go for PCR
- Get message from T&P to say my LFT was+
- get sent a 6 digit code to register year result
- get another notification about a positive test (thought that must be PCR)

Nope, it was then telling me my LFT was positive which I alread knew because I'd reported it in the first place

Anyway, deteriorated a bit last night and felt horrendous. Not too bad this morning. Pretty much along the lines of a mild flu.

That's good, hope you continue to improve. I suppose that knocks visiting your mum and sister on the head?

5 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

New Year celebrations have not been cancelled.  Only the government run celebrations have been cancelled, everything else is happening and open for business.

Test and Go was a complete fail from the 1st day, how it's lasted so long nobody knows.

Someone's making money off it.

4 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

My eldest stepdaughter has fallen out with us because we won't go over to hers on Boxing Day.

The reason is that she tested positive just 3 days ago. I'm not personally scared but I'm not prepared to risk it when I'll be seeing elderly relatives over the next week who all have underlying health conditions - one being my stepfather who has Alzheimers and is in a care home.

We've tried to explain but, quite frankly, she (and my son-in-law) just won't listen. They are both unvaccinated - both have had Covid twice and heading down the anti-vaxx rabbit hole. We've no issue with her choices - what we do have an issue with is the guilt-tripping shite that accompanies it. She's already called her mum selfish - the same mum who's undergone cancer treatment and who's immune system has been weakened because of that treatment - I genuinely despair.

Aye as someone who is very much anti restrictions and happy for folk to have the choice when it comes to vaccination . I have this opinion because I have faith that the majority of people have enough common sense . You and your wife are showing it . Hopefully it doesn’t cause any major issues in your family but your stance is the correct one. 

Got my PCR back today around 12 - positive as expected. Wife's was positive too though strangely the little one's was negative. Mah wan's no hud it eh? Fair play for the rapid turnaround since my test yesterday was at 5pm. 

Still absolutely fine and wouldn't know I had it if I hadn't tested. 

Being harassed by automated emails from test and trace asking me to do the contact tracing. I have two close contacts and they both live with me - one positive and one negative.

My eldest stepdaughter has fallen out with us because we won't go over to hers on Boxing Day.

The reason is that she tested positive just 3 days ago. I'm not personally scared but I'm not prepared to risk it when I'll be seeing elderly relatives over the next week who all have underlying health conditions - one being my stepfather who has Alzheimers and is in a care home.

We've tried to explain but, quite frankly, she (and my son-in-law) just won't listen. They are both unvaccinated - both have had Covid twice and heading down the anti-vaxx rabbit hole. We've no issue with her choices - what we do have an issue with is the guilt-tripping shite that accompanies it. She's already called her mum selfish - the same mum who's undergone cancer treatment and who's immune system has been weakened because of that treatment - I genuinely despair.
More guilt-tripping - we're now getting the "but she's had a negative LFT" line from the middle sister.

29 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

More guilt-tripping - we're now getting the "but she's had a negative LFT" line from the middle sister.

Personally think you guys made a safe decision. I wouldnt go visit a relative for dinner who had a winter vomiting bug or whatever, obviously wouldn’t kill us but still don’t want to catch it and get ill. As much as I’m more on the ‘personal responsibility’ side of restrictions, I still think its pretty common sense/decency to not want to give it to a loved one. 

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas, was a bit emotional having as close to a ‘normal’ one compared to meeting in a park or my brothers garden to swap presents last year, my little boy had a brilliant time and got to see what its all about. Appreciate the people on here who’ve helped share their stories and experiences/knowledge etc over the past 21 months, it really helps to see that you’re not the only one struggling. My first Christmas day completely off in a very long time unexpectedly so i’ve made the most.

So for me, my Christmas hope is that this time next year the pandemic is behind us, life is fully back to normal and we don’t have to go through this shite ever again. Have a lovely christmas whatever you do/dont do one and all. 

40 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Tell them to f**k off and isolate like anyone else that's had a positive PCR. Selfish wankers.