Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

I'm thinker sooner to be honest.

At the same time, I'm still not convinced restrictions won't be brought in in England.

This will be an interesting next few days I think.

When are the SG back in Holyrood. Sure it's not until next week if i'm correct. 

Can we please be clear that there is not a single defence that can be made of the Scottish, Welsh, and Statelet administrations if the UK Government do indeed see this out.

Not a single one - and if you think otherwise, you're wrong.

I was in 'jail' for 18 days in May as my son tested positive and it wasn't until 8 days in and with the chequered flag in sight that my wife felt a bit off and subsequently tested positive (along with myself as it turned out, although I felt fine that day).

The 10 day clock was reset at that point. [emoji3064]
Fuckety f**k f**k f**k [emoji58]

A boozy post. Nearly two years ago when this started, the focus seemed to be on hand hygiene. A guy I worked with, his skin on his hands was in some state. Was constantly washing and 'sanitising' his hands. Was similar myself, but to a much lesser degree. The emphasis on this has declined a fair bit. It appears that this is now an invisible airborne virus, which is expelled by an infectious person by breathing. Anyone in the vicinity - mainly indoors - is therefore likely to inhale this and be infected. To what degree, who knows. I am therefore at an utter loss as to why 'table service' would make this situation any better. The politicians should tell us why, but they can't. It's made up as they go.  It's time to call it a day on these ill thought out 'protections'. Just present the evidence, give the guidance, and let folk decide what they are comfortable doing. Maybe a by unfair 🤷

That atrocity of a government website takes a bit of finding the info, but I'm pretty sure I need to LFT on Day 10 and if negative and no symptoms I can end isolation. However if my partner gets it (we live together and she's negative so far) on say, Day 9, I really hope that doesn't mean another 10 days stint as a close contact. 

My cousin and his girlfriend got it and their covid passes updated to reflect they’d had it which I think had a defined date so I would assume you’re free to carry on after that.

1 hour ago, H Wragg said:

I'm thinker sooner to be honest.

At the same time, I'm still not convinced restrictions won't be brought in in England.

This will be an interesting next few days I think.

Fairly confident now they will do nothing this year. It's the first couple of weeks in January i'd be worried about - which, of course, by the time we get through them the 3 week period up here will be all but done.

Regardless, plenty of "It was better to be safe than sorry" chat from people completely unaffected by any of these restrictions will protect NS from criticism anyway.

On a tangent, I've got tickets for a Whisky thing on the 22nd (which is the week after the "3 weeks") which i'll be pretty pissed off about if lingering uncertainty about whether or not the SG will remove the restrictions on time gets it binned.

If England does go ahead with no restrictions and the sky doesn’t fall in, I don’t think the SG will have any choice but to do the same.

They can’t afford to keep businesses shut for any longer and I can’t see the “I make no apologies for keeping people safe” schtick being tenable while England is open as normal.

10 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Screenshot_20211226-205223_Twitter.thumb.jpg.52679c0b71d280d9228c1cde8cecacb1.jpg

Deepti is absolutely terrified and fair enough if she's immunocompromised as she claimed she is previously. But FFS what a miserable existence it must be to be doing this for nearly two years, it's little wonder it's had a horrendous effect on her as evidenced in her twitter ramblings.

No hand washing and sanitising then? Clatty cow. 

I'm not sure if the rules are exactly the same now to be honest, but I fear they may be.

Things were that grim I pretty much watched an entire test match on the telly.

My cousin and his girlfriend got it and their covid passes updated to reflect they’d had it which I think had a defined date so I would assume you’re free to carry on after that.
Looks like I'll be free after 10 days regardless of my partner testing positive. Thank f**k.

f82216a34f24cbd9c3a713515f193320.jpg

7 hours ago, GTee said:

Anyone in the vicinity - mainly indoors - is therefore likely to inhale this and be infected. To what degree, who knows. I am therefore at an utter loss as to why 'table service' would make this situation any better. 

Surely, table service places an easily enforced cap on numbers and prevents strangers from gathering closely in big numbers round a bar.

Now you can argue about whether such a step is necessary right now - that's certainly debatable.  As a mitigation in its own terms, however, there is a clear logic to it.

Hope I’m wrong but think the U.K. Government WILL announce additional measures today. Hitting the 120k new infections mark (even reduced to a seven day isolation period), they will decide they need to be seeing to do something to protect essential services in addition to addressing rising hospitalisation rates (if they’re also starting to spiral). They’ve let things run to lessen the impact on retailers during the busy run up to Christmas, the hospitality sector might have to pay the price over the new year celebrations.

17 minutes ago, Snafu said:

We started of using the alcohol based sanitizer at work but then someone sanitized their hands leaving the building  to go for a cigarette and set their hands on fire when they lit up. 

I don't  think I would have ever stopped laughing at that.

Yeah, I'll be surprised if no restrictions are announced today. They'll probably do that really stupid thing where they watch something being done in Scotland on the basis of no scientific evidence and copy it in order to try and placate the something must he done!!!!! crowd. 

Football looks a soft target, especially given the EPL games called off due to covid. 

Edited by Michael W

48 minutes ago, Snafu said:

We started of using the alcohol based sanitizer at work but then someone sanitized their hands leaving the building  to go for a cigarette and set their hands on fire when they lit up. 

:lol:

Hope the guy is alright. But I genuinely nearly spat my tea out reading that.

8 hours ago, GTee said:

A boozy post. Nearly two years ago when this started, the focus seemed to be on hand hygiene. A guy I worked with, his skin on his hands was in some state. Was constantly washing and 'sanitising' his hands. Was similar myself, but to a much lesser degree. The emphasis on this has declined a fair bit. It appears that this is now an invisible airborne virus, which is expelled by an infectious person by breathing. Anyone in the vicinity - mainly indoors - is therefore likely to inhale this and be infected. To what degree, who knows. I am therefore at an utter loss as to why 'table service' would make this situation any better. The politicians should tell us why, but they can't. It's made up as they go.  It's time to call it a day on these ill thought out 'protections'. Just present the evidence, give the guidance, and let folk decide what they are comfortable doing. Maybe a by unfair 🤷

Oaksoft can give you chapter and verse on this.