Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:
3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:
I'm not convinced that Scotrail staff have any right to confiscate property.

A gang of wee arse wipes going to Ayr basically told to bin it or BTP were on at Kilwinnig to lift them, they have binned it "voluntarily"

Were they drinking the carry out or just had alcohol with them?

4 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

A gang of wee arse wipes going to Ayr basically told to bin it or BTP were on at Kilwinnig to lift them, they have binned it "voluntarily" .

Looks like a new initiative. One of the guys even has a mobile defibrillator back pack.

Lift them for what? It's not illegal to drink alcohol on a train.

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

You’re right it’s not illegal

Having a look at the ScotRail website 

Clicky

Our alcohol ban is in place 24 hours a day and means:

• No alcohol can be drunk at any station in Scotland or on board any ScotRail train at any time of day.
  • You cannot carry visible alcohol – open or unopened.
  • Alcohol can be carried in a bag where it cannot be seen.
  • You will not be able to use our services if you are deemed unfit to do so.

The ban is supported by the British Transport Police, who will assist railway staff to ensure the rules are adhered to.

Railway Byelaw 4 (2) states that a passenger with intoxicating liquor can be prevented from entering, or be asked to leave, the railway.

7 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
8 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Alcohol banned totally on Scotrail has been for a good while now

Scotrail banning something doesn't make it illegal.

6 minutes ago, budmiester1 said:

Unfortunately that’s not correct, the railways have a blanket ban on alcohol being openly carried or consumed at the moment.

I did not know that. When you say "the railways" do you mean actual byelaws, or just Scotrail saying "nah"

Edited by Todd_is_God

6 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

A gang of wee arse wipes going to Ayr basically told to bin it or BTP were on at Kilwinnig to lift them, they have binned it "voluntarily" .

Looks like a new initiative. One of the guys even has a mobile defibrillator back pack.

Hoping that this is a vigilante group made up of disgruntled Lovejoys who tweet photos of people drinking on the train to Scotrail,

3 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Just because Scotrail have banned it doesn't mean the Polis can lift you for it. Removal from the service is about all they can do I would imagine

Nope, it’s an offence under the Railway bylaws and can be punished by a fine up to £1000, I never fined anyone but did remove the alcohol and removed them from the train.

18 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

The unions told the train workers not to enforce any rules. 

These teams will be the ScotRail/Scotgov reaction to that and you can guarantee multiple parasites are creaming plenty of dough off it. 

Edited by Detournement

Just because Scotrail have banned it doesn't mean the Polis can lift you for it. Removal from the service is about all they can do I would imagine
I suspect that's about all that would have happened but the threat was enough for them to bin it. Two at each end of the carriage still when I got off. Seems pretty heavy handed especially since I have seen jo attempt at compliance on trains.

To be fair this was a group of total wee wanks. I think I heard one of them singing they were from Bellsbank (Dslmellington) so a fair old trek on a bus once they get to Ayr.