Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, ddfg said:

Last Friday I was expecting figures from every Health Board in Scotland showing data to exactly the same criteria. What we got was different information from two Health Boards and a suspicion that the rest didn't suit the agenda so it wasn't published. 

Humza was getting pushed for this info on Radio Scotland this morning too.

Answered along the lines of - the data is difficult to obtain and in any case it doesn’t matter as a covid case for any reason has the same impact on hospital services.

They are absolutely choosing not to release this info now and it couldn’t be more obvious.

9 minutes ago, ddfg said:

I didn't see the Jason Leitch Q&A but from what's on here about it he seems to have difficulty in understanding why people want to see more detail about who is in hospital for what reason. Is he so insular that he, and his employers, can't see that large swathes of the country simply don't believe anything that they say anymore? 

Last Friday I was expecting figures from every Health Board in Scotland showing data to exactly the same criteria. What we got was different information from two Health Boards and a suspicion that the rest didn't suit the agenda so it wasn't published. 

To be almost 2 years into a "public health crisis" and not be able to tell the public how much of a crisis they are in is really some failing. 

They don’t seem to be keeping up with the transition from 2020 where they were broadly seen as the front line of an emergency situation and people generally accepted the situation as it was being told to them. 

We’re now in a phase where they’re setting subjective and arbitrary public health policies which they assure us is based on science/data yet seem shocked that now people no longer fear the virus, they want them to justify what they’re doing. 

Show us your workings or GTF. 

Answered along the lines of - the data is difficult to obtain and in any case it doesn’t matter as a covid case for any reason has the same impact on hospital services.
They are absolutely choosing not to release this info now and it couldn’t be more obvious.
"Restrictions wont remain in place a minite longer than neccessary"

"Adult conversation"

Lies. Large scale, organised and sanctioned lies from the SNP.

I've never seen a turn like this in my lifetime, from a position of a party I respect to a party I fucking despise.

5 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

There's about 1500 people in the whole of Scotland in hospital with Covid.  It's difficult to make a distinction between 1500 people?

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

There's about 1500 people in the whole of Scotland in hospital with Covid.  It's difficult to make a distinction between 1500 people?

He actually got a bit shirty while answering and pretty much said it’s impossible to tell who is there because of / with incidental Covid as so many conditions overlap. 

Any excuse to kick the can down the road.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I assume it's because if this in the BBC report:

"made a false declaration on his travel form - which stated that he had not travelled in the 14 days prior to his arrival in Australia, when in fact he had been to Spain.

He said the mistake was made by his agent, calling it "human error" and adding that it was "not deliberate"."

Irrespective of your views on vaccination he really is an arrogant phanny. His "mistake" is about as believable as a Michael Fabricunt excuse.

Yes, agree.

It’s a shame so many are seeing this as a win for Australia’s border/CoVID policies though. 

2 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

He actually got a bit shirty while answering and pretty much said it’s impossible to tell who is there because of / with incidental Covid as so many conditions overlap. 

Definitely believable that after 2 years of being driven by absolute mountains of data, that this particular metric is just too hard. 

Just now, ICTChris said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-59988292

50,000 NHS workers off work due to Covid.  

How many people work in the NHS in Scotland?  Google suggests that 160,000 is the answer, nearly 1 in 3 off sick at the moment.

I very much doubt that 1 in 3 NHS staff in Scotland are unfit to work.

The strain on the NHS right now is absolutely caused by the SG rather than Covid.

If this data is too difficult to measure, I'd suggest starting with Covid positive patients who were admitted with their legs in a carrier bag after being smashed with a bus (probably safe to say incidental Covid), and work back the way. Happy to waive my consultation fee for this one in the interests of the nation.

26 minutes ago, ddfg said:

I didn't see the Jason Leitch Q&A but from what's on here about it he seems to have difficulty in understanding why people want to see more detail about who is in hospital for what reason. Is he so insular that he, and his employers, can't see that large swathes of the country simply don't believe anything that they say anymore? 

To be almost 2 years into a "public health crisis" and not be able to tell the public how much of a crisis they are in is really some failing. 

Its pretty insulting to the public that they cant understand why we want to know this as its been the reason given clearly for lockdowns and restrictions for 2 years now. 

10 hours ago, H Wragg said:

HM involved = Game over, surely?

All the political parties seem to be drawing the parallels, I guess as it will attack the Tory base, but they mugged the queen off when the prorogued parliament and the ultra unionist monarchists still lined up to vote them back in.

I guess the prefer her on their tea-towels rather than being respected.

7 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

I think the SG are being seriously naïve if they think that, whilst England returns to normal, and WM isn't handing a blank cheque over to fund restrictions, that businesses, the opposition and the media are going to buy another round of "longer restrictions for more normality for longer" schtick.

The little scrutiny they are seemingly surprised by, and struggling to deal with, at the moment is only going to increase.

2 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

Its pretty insulting to the public that they cant understand why we want to know this as its been the reason given clearly for lockdowns and restrictions for 2 years now. 

These are protections, though. Why aren't we full of glee that they are protecting us?

12 minutes ago, Al B said:

If this data is too difficult to measure, I'd suggest starting with Covid positive patients who were admitted with their legs in a carrier bag after being smashed with a bus 

I believe that's one of the symptoms of long covid...

6 minutes ago, superbigal said:

I wonder why the Scum, with the obvious "inside scoop" from their Deputy Editor on these most recent party allegations, has not printed them before ?

They are running out of easy stories in England now that Covid is pretty much done there.

These attacks on the PM just about write themselves.