Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Worth doing a 48 hour Cases Update as the Tidal (Going Out) Wave continues:  3 Day lag to allow reporting to be accurate.

Cases DOWN virtually 30% over a 2 day period.  Cases are down over 50% in the last reported 7 days,

Every single LA on the steep decline. 

Total Cases Scotland 7 days 5th January to 11th January were  79,739 to 56,317 Down 29.37%, Positivity was 26.0% now 22.6%.  Cases per 100K were 1592.6 now 1030.3

Home Nations Weekly Cases  per 100K update  :  England  1796 to 1597 down 11.08%, Wales 1942 to 1376  down 29.15%, Northern Ireland 2590 to 1941 down 25.05%

Cases in Europe in terms of of numbers per 100K France 3141, Ireland 3036, Portugal 2320, Denmark 2188, Switzerland 1996, Italy 1932,  Spain 1,885, Greece 1845.

Council progress in last week as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

South Lanarkshire  1,851 to 1,261  

West Dunbartonshire    1,856 to 1,258  

Inverclyde   1,835 to 1,227  

Glasgow City   1,570 to 1,138

North Ayrshire    1,602 to 1,127

Renfrewshire    1,713 to 1,122

Falkirk   1,565 to 1,117

North Lanarkshire   1,662 to 1,082  

East Ayrshire  1,521 to 1,079

Moray   1,464 to 1,066

Fife  1,470 to 1,066

Aberdeen City  1,401 to 1,065

Dumfries & Galloway  1,458 to 1,043

East Renfrewshire   1,592 to 1,040

Angus   1,424 to 1,029 

Clackmannanshire   1,449 to 1,020

South Ayrshire 1,437 to 1,013

Perth & Kinross  1,387 to 982

Dundee City 1,371 to 975

City Of Edinburgh   1,341 to 974

East Dunbartonshire    1,412 to 954

Stirling  1,341 to 948

West Lothian   1,325 to 933

Midlothian  1,276 to 931

East Lothian   1,345 to 898

Aberdeenshire  1,170 to 877

Highlands  1,181  to 854

Argyll & Bute   1,084 to 774

Scottish  Borders   1,004 to 669 

Western Isles   616 to 453

Orkney Islands   692 to 433 

Shetland Islands   608 to 359

Edited by superbigal

It's obvious that the government has completely relied on scaremongering to keep the publoc in a state of fear and uncertainty.

I've noticed first hand the change in people during the pandemic. One case that stands out was a middle aged council worker( he had his uniform on ), berating some boy who must have been 15, who lowered his mask to talk on his phone.

The fact that covid deaths are being recorded by anyone dying within 28 days of catching covid is obviously going to inflate figures.

These people who rely on the MSM will see the numbers and get worried.

The fact that the government haven't come out with the actual numbers of being dying from or with covid, and the age groups of those dying, tells me the numbers are clearly being inflated to keep the public on edge.

I had omicron at the start of the year, had a head cold for one day and felt fatigued for a few more days. If it wasn't for a family member I was with testing +I would never have done an LFT and several more in the following days. 

Just to add I am unvaccinated, and will never take the vaccine 

2 minutes ago, engelbert_humperdink said:

It's obvious that the government has completely relied on scaremongering to keep the publoc in a state of fear and uncertainty.

I've noticed first hand the change in people during the pandemic. One case that stands out was a middle aged council worker( he had his uniform on ), berating some boy who must have been 15, who lowered his mask to talk on his phone.

The fact that covid deaths are being recorded by anyone dying within 28 days of catching covid is obviously going to inflate figures.

The fact that the government haven't come out with the actual numbers of being dying from or with covid, and the age groups of those dying, tells me the numbers are clearly being inflated to keep the public on edge.

I had omicron at the start of the year, had a head cold for one day and felt fatigued for a few more days. If it wasn't for a family member I was with testing +I would never have done an LFT and several more in the following days. 

Why will you never take the vaccine?

I was in a boozer recently where nobody, including the staff, seemed to care about facemasks. In that environment, I ditched the mask straight away and ended up moving between different groups of people I knew in the place. In a shop or other place that they're asking customers to wear masks, I'll do it no problem. 

Wearing a cheap wee bit of cloth to help businesses follow the rules they've been burdened with, or to put other people at ease during a pandemic, isn't some Rosa Parks issue of principle for me. Given the endless real life implications associated with real restrictions, I'm amazed everyone (libertarian goons and pro-restriction bedwetters alike) seem to have the biggest stauner for the least important one. I feel bad for folk who have to wear them all day but for the rest of us, I'm not really sure why anyone gives a f**k.

1 hour ago, Patrick Noubissie said:

I think you might be viewing government/NHS data a bit too much through this thread's prism of absolutely everything being about justifying or criticising restrictions. The absence data has been there from the start, long before Scottish and English divergence on restrictions or indeed the vaccine itself.

You could be right that more detailed patient data should be released but it's a separate issue - of course governments will want to know how many staff are off for the day to running of the service. I was only posting it because a few other posters were speculating about something that's already in the public domain.

No, I am viewing the data as someone that has had far too much interference in my life by the government for the last two years.  Latterly without justification in my opinion.  

A government that can't seem to collate the primary cause of admission into hospital due to the complexity of gathering the data can quite easily tell us the rate of absenteeism in the NHS as a result of Covid.  I think you are not viewing the government with sufficient scepticism tbh.  Do they publish the number of people that are off work in the NHS due to STDs, bunnions or any other medical reasons?  Ask yourself why they are taking the effort to collate the data for Covid.  How many man hours did it take to change the recording mechanisms to include Covid and once again why this is a better use of admin than actually collating primary reason for admission.

I was in a boozer recently where nobody, including the staff, seemed to care about facemasks. In that environment, I ditched the mask straight away and ended up moving between different groups of people I knew in the place. In a shop or other place that they're asking customers to wear masks, I'll do it no problem. 
Wearing a cheap wee bit of cloth to help businesses follow the rules they've been burdened with, or to put other people at ease during a pandemic, isn't some Rosa Parks issue of principle for me. Given the endless real life implications associated with real restrictions, I'm amazed everyone (libertarian goons and pro-restriction bedwetters alike) seem to have the biggest stauner for the least important one. I feel bad for folk who have to wear them all day but for the rest of us, I'm not really sure why anyone gives a f**k.
Are you me?

An exact summation of where I am.

25 minutes ago, strichener said:

No, I am viewing the data as someone that has had far too much interference in my life by the government for the last two years.  Latterly without justification in my opinion.  

A government that can't seem to collate the primary cause of admission into hospital due to the complexity of gathering the data can quite easily tell us the rate of absenteeism in the NHS as a result of Covid.  I think you are not viewing the government with sufficient scepticism tbh.  Do they publish the number of people that are off work in the NHS due to STDs, bunnions or any other medical reasons?  Ask yourself why they are taking the effort to collate the data for Covid.  How many man hours did it take to change the recording mechanisms to include Covid and once again why this is a better use of admin than actually collating primary reason for admission.

Okay, so you're still viewing a single piece of data, which I only referenced to answer a particular question, as related to restrictions when it has nothing to do with that.

I completely agree with why you're interested in the distinction between patients with/specifically admitted for Covid when the overall number is used to justify restrictions. Staff absenteeism isn't the same thing. If a staff member tests positive for Covid, they're not allowed to work and it potentially impacts service delivery regardless of their personal circumstances.

As it goes, the published data doesn't even make a case for lockdowns with it only recently hitting a whopping high 4%. If they included staff off because of bunions and every other reason people miss work, the situation would sound much more dramatic. If your contention is that SG publish this and not other absences to make a point, you've not looked at the data because it does the exact opposite. 

I shouldn't have bothered answering the question but basically the now long term recording of staff absence data really isn't that deep bruh.

9 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

Are you me?

An exact summation of where I am.

I think that's most people tbf. The people tweeting about wanting to cry at the sight of a full face in public or the guy earlier wanting to start a resurrection in Morrisons are the same type of horseshoe theory nutters from either side.

46 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Personally,  I'm loving this on two fronts.

Firstly  it stiffs the tories so all good.

Secondly, the more parties the ruling classes have, the more it turns out that they have literally had parties every week and don't give a toss, the happier it makes me as although it brings the 'well we're sticking to the rules' mob out the woodwork, it also wakens up more and more people to actually realise how futile the implementation of restrictions are when and fucking bail on all this restriction shite altogether.

What uniform was this middle aged Council mask enforcer wearing exactly ?

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Did they not come out about this time last year and predict an outrageous number of cases, hospitalisations and deaths during the summer, only for it to do absolutely nothing and restrictions pretty much all get binned instead?

Like the SG, SAGE are a bunch of shameless charlatans who point blank refuse to accept they have far less understanding of Covid (and viruses in general) than they wish to believe.

Aye but... uncertainty, and remember: they're not actually predictions!

19 minutes ago, Patrick Noubissie said:

I think that's most people tbf. The people tweeting about wanting to cry at the sight of a full face in public or the guy earlier wanting to start a resurrection in Morrisons are the same type of horseshoe theory nutters from either side.

what is 'nutter' about rejecting the power of the state to impose something as abnormal damaging and useless as wearing masks?

'nutter' is going along with the panto

8 minutes ago, Glennie said:

what is 'nutter' about rejecting the power of the state to impose something as abnormal damaging and useless as wearing masks?

'nutter' is going along with the panto

I was calling the guy who was absolutely raging about people wearing masks in a supermarket a nutter. I've already said I'll happily get ditch mine around other people in the right circumstances. 

I'm not convinced they're 100% useless either. Probably very limited, hence why I'll ditch them while I'm surrounded by other sexy young shaggers in the town but keep it on at Scotmid. The only damage I can see is the inconvenience to staff who will have to wear them whether I stage a civil rights protest or not, there is no damaging impact on me whatsoever.

10 minutes ago, Patrick Noubissie said:

I was calling the guy who was absolutely raging about people wearing masks in a supermarket a nutter. I've already said I'll happily get ditch mine around other people in the right circumstances. 

I'm not convinced they're 100% useless either. Probably very limited, hence why I'll ditch them while I'm surrounded by other sexy young shaggers in the town but keep it on at Scotmid. The only damage I can see is the inconvenience to staff who will have to wear them whether I stage a civil rights protest or not, there is no damaging impact on me whatsoever.

no damage? give it a bit more thought

pre covid hysteria youd have told anyone demanding you wear a rag over your gob to bolt in any circumstances