Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Still a bit bemused by JL last night. Him and Rona giggling at Tony's musical taste, but essentially evading his question, such that Tony has no idea whether he is 'safe' to attend a concert. My guess is that Tony will cancel his ticket based on JL's 'advice'. Even though Tony has had four vaccines. Poor guy. Looked like he was 'broken', whilst JL and the politician decision makers coin it in, simultaneously destroying other people's livelihoods and moral.

Also. Something along the lines of:  would you rather be in a room with fully vaccinated people as opposed to unvaccinated people to justify the passport nonsense.

Why would you care?

I've had 3 modernas, but can apparently catch Covid and pass it on.

Also still waiting on Grampian NHS declaring an imminent 'major incident', probably on the back of dealing with two pandemics.

Never mind. Just back from the pub having had a good few pints of T, and it was normal.

Apologies for 'rant' again. 😄🍻

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

However the influential ultra cautious Goves and Swinneys of this world will continue to lobby for more and more restrictions when they are not needed.

I’m not sure Swinney or Gove are half as influential as you think. At this time last year maybe, but they have both since proven to be reactionary and useless in a crisis.

Edited by Abdul_Latif

10 hours ago, Patrick Noubissie said:

Okay, so you're still viewing a single piece of data, which I only referenced to answer a particular question, as related to restrictions when it has nothing to do with that.

I completely agree with why you're interested in the distinction between patients with/specifically admitted for Covid when the overall number is used to justify restrictions. Staff absenteeism isn't the same thing. If a staff member tests positive for Covid, they're not allowed to work and it potentially impacts service delivery regardless of their personal circumstances.

As it goes, the published data doesn't even make a case for lockdowns with it only recently hitting a whopping high 4%. If they included staff off because of bunions and every other reason people miss work, the situation would sound much more dramatic. If your contention is that SG publish this and not other absences to make a point, you've not looked at the data because it does the exact opposite. 

I shouldn't have bothered answering the question but basically the now long term recording of staff absence data really isn't that deep bruh.

I think that's most people tbf. The people tweeting about wanting to cry at the sight of a full face in public or the guy earlier wanting to start a resurrection in Morrisons are the same type of horseshoe theory nutters from either side.

I'll make this really simple for you - we know NHS workers are off because of Covid (mostly as a result of un-necessary isolation rules).  It is absolutely nothing to do with my point.  Namely that it is the same administrators that will be collating and reporting this completely useless data.  An NHS staff member off sick is not working, find out in their back to work interview why that is but let's stop this micro focus on a condition that is statistically less fatal than suicide. (It could actually be less fatal than the number of people who fall off ladders, break their back a d then die of MRSA in the hospital) good luck in finding out how many people that is, probably easier than finding out how many die of Covid.

Edited by strichener

4 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Made it cheers @SlipperyP but had a sweat on in the quarantine hotel fear 10 days isolation with BBC news but all negative and caught the bus to Kho Chang this morning. Lots of boozers shut, a friend said the polis had a wee blitz on the rule breakers plus it's early.

IMG_20220115_160333.jpg

I would be shockted/horrorfied/disgustified if certain individuals have not up graded their own personal hygiene levels by washing their hands after being to the toilet. To think that shaking hands was a thing pre COVID, the idea of doing that just me stop and think, does this person look like someone who washes their hands regularly?
To think that that bowl of peanuts on the bar was a thing as well.
This isn't a COVID thing, more of an awareness of catching something that will turn your insides inside out and shit explosive liquid English mustard for five days until there's nothing left but an empty shell.

I have never been peanuts on a bar ever.

With respect it doesn't matter that wearing a mask isn't an issue for you.
It's a red line for many of us and that's all that matters to us.
Banging the same old drum here, but theres absolutrly no issue with everyone who wishes to mask up doing so in any setting they want.

The issue is the legal mandate.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
8 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:
Covid Scotland: Ministers unlawfully kept second wave death and case predictions secret | The Scotsman
Good to see our open and transparent Scottish government being as open and transparent as ever.

Something something right wing tory.

Bugger off Granny.

Oh, you're not him. My mistake. 😉

10 hours ago, Glennie said:

no damage? give it a bit more thought

pre covid hysteria youd have told anyone demanding you wear a rag over your gob to bolt in any circumstances

It's funny how times have changed.In pre covid days it was considered suspicious and socially unacceptable to wear a mask.Just an observation.

11 hours ago, strichener said:

No, I am viewing the data as someone that has had far too much interference in my life by the government for the last two years.  Latterly without justification in my opinion.  

A government that can't seem to collate the primary cause of admission into hospital due to the complexity of gathering the data can quite easily tell us the rate of absenteeism in the NHS as a result of Covid.  I think you are not viewing the government with sufficient scepticism tbh.  Do they publish the number of people that are off work in the NHS due to STDs, bunnions or any other medical reasons?  Ask yourself why they are taking the effort to collate the data for Covid.  How many man hours did it take to change the recording mechanisms to include Covid and once again why this is a better use of admin than actually collating primary reason for admission.

I would love to see the covid  absenteeism figures in certain sectors compared to others.

20% Calmac workers off

Bet nurses and teachers are right up there too.

I wonder what the percentage of self employed workers or private sector workers are.A fraction I bet.

18 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I would be shockted/horrorfied/disgustified if certain individuals have not up graded their own personal hygiene levels by washing their hands after being to the toilet. To think that shaking hands was a thing pre COVID, the idea of doing that just me stop and think, does this person look like someone who washes their hands regularly?

This isn't a COVID thing, more of an awareness of catching something that will turn your insides inside out and shit explosive liquid English mustard for five days until there's nothing left but an empty shell.

I've not seen that in the UK but our local bar in Hong Kong always had nuts on the tables - they emptied them after every customer (probably back into the big container but hey ho).  There were always a good few of us at the table though so still manky as F***.  

A bowl of mints at the pay area in the Chinese restaurant were another similar thing.  

34 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Wrong thread for this.  There are people on here who are boycotting their optician because they were asked to wash their hands. 

There are some manky b*****ds out there. 

15 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I don't hang about in women's toilets but I can only take my wife's word for it that they're not.

In normal circumstances maybe. When there is a big event on, though (e.g. Take That at Hampden / Horse Racing) women's toilets are an absolute disgrace.

Again, taking my wife's word for it, but for some reason women seem to turn into absolute animals when these things are on 😂