Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I think there's mileage in that sentence.
I guess Sridhar is getting it in the neck because they feel she has betrayed what was, for them, always a purely left wing cause and never really about health.

I wonder if it was a labour government doing the exact same with binning masks and restrictions in the uk , would the right wing press and commetry be opposing them? Daily express calling the government “ hopeless wishy washy liberals putting peoples “right” ahead of the public health “ and how it was time we “ had a proper lockdown with the police and ar brave boys out enforcing it to keep us safe”, and masks at all times “ just like the bloody blitz innit!”

Clearly, another reckless decision by the UK Government to yeet all their restrictions, including masks, 'contact tracing' and vaxx passes, in the bin where they belong.

Note: reinfections are also included in these figures, that's how over this farce is. We are never going to get anywhere close ever again to covid toppling the health service. So, when are the Scottish Government going to end the remaining pantomime measures?

34 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I think there's mileage in that sentence.

I guess Sridhar is getting it in the neck because they feel she has betrayed what was, for them, always a purely left wing cause and never really about health.

There is certainly elements of folk feeling betrayed by Sridhar. Have a look below 

image.thumb.png.c1449315db5402afc64b5fc8e4291060.png

I have to give her credit. She has moved with the data - albeit a bit behind the data but at least she is saying that the end is in sight now. Compare with Deepti who is still chucking around figures and utterly trashing scientists who disagree with her views on long covid.

Edited by scottsdad

20 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

There is certainly elements of folk feeling betrayed by Sridhar. Have a look below 

image.thumb.png.c1449315db5402afc64b5fc8e4291060.png

I have to give her credit. She has moved with the data - albeit a bit behind the data but at least she is saying that the end is in sight now. Compare with Deepti who is still chucking around figures and utterly trashing scientists who disagree with her views on long covid.

“the other side”

ugh, go and do one please 

1 hour ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

I wonder if it was a labour government doing the exact same with binning masks and restrictions in the uk , would the right wing press and commetry be opposing them? Daily express calling the government “ hopeless wishy washy liberals putting peoples “right” ahead of the public health “ and how it was time we “ had a proper lockdown with the police and ar brave boys out enforcing it to keep us safe”, and masks at all times “ just like the bloody blitz innit!”

Who knows?

Back to reality.

Tbf to Boris he tried to resist the ‘science’ at the start but the pressure was just too great and he had no alternative but to succumb.

He then got hospitalised which probably affected his outlook but, at the earliest opportunity, he started to unlock and, most importantly, unlike the authoritarian SG, allowed the citizens in England to make up their own minds.

Thats all I ask. To be treated as a grownup.

If people want to cower in the house and only go anywhere with a mask, then that’s their choice.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Not interested in showing my... medical status to a security guard to see a football match or handing over my personal details to get a pint.

I was in town on Saturday to watch the rugby (brown shoes and jeans on, of course) and absolutely none of this happened. 

Everywhere I went was absolutely rammed with good guys (and gals) with not a mask or vaccine passport check in sight.

As it has been for quite some time it's absolutely over for all bar the SG and their loyal band of the simpiest of simp disciples

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

It's the same to a lesser extent with the likes of Michie and Gurdasani. Nobody is really listening to that type anymore.

Oh, I don't know.

There are Main Players on here, who don't just listen to them; they go in search of what they're saying. 

10 minutes ago, Snafu said:

A former Pfizer researcher blows whistle on company's methods and integrity around data on Pfizer's COVID vaccine trials and this is covered in the British Medical Journal. Said article is discussed on Facebook, article blocked, fact checked and dismissed as misinformation. The BMJ is fact checked by Facebook and one contributor even said that the BMJ is just a news blog.

Extremely worrying if this is the route we are going down now.

Bit of background links, first the article, then BMJ's battle with Facebook and their "fact checkers"

https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj.n2635

https://www.bmj.com/content/376/bmj.o95

14 hours ago, oaksoft said:

This is why I've just completely avoided hospitality since restrictions began.

Not interested in masking up to take a piss, showing my medical status to a security guard to see a football match or handing over my personal details to get a pint.

Fair play to anyone who can enjoy a night out under these conditions but it's not for me.

Hospitality is not a great draw for me anyway TBF, even pre-pandemic but having unwarranted government interference in these activities for no discernible benefit just makes my decision a more solid one.

Shockeroonie!

10 hours ago, Clown Job said:

On the mask thing again. I’ve noticed the narrative is starting to change from wear it to protect other people to wearing it for your own benefit / make you feel better 

The narrative is actually now 'wear one to make others feel better, about their irrational dread of Shanicron and the three-day head cold it threatens'. 

A short, sharp, shock of binning this nonsense alongside 'free' LFTs is required to snap the psychos out of it. 

Another example of mask theatre. 

Im not allowed into nursery to drop off my daughter, the staff come outside to pick her up off me. 

However, parents are made to wear masks in the grounds while waiting outside, and the staff come out, not wearing masks, to collect the wee ones. 

Absolutely no logical reason for that to be a thing whatsoever. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-60294088?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA

Doesn't it feel like T&P is largely redundant now? The virus is endemic, we have no plans for "Zero Covid" any more, the vaccines are doing their job very well, hospital numbers are coming down.

However the SNP want to continue chasing this virus around like a scene from a Scooby Doo cartoon.

Even worse is that Labour seem to want to make T&P even bigger with "extra capacity built into the system".