Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Our school has been largely making it up as they go along too, still wanting masks worn outdoors to collect kids etc. Its getting to a point where it might only be 50/50 compliance tbh. I tend not to bother about it really when waiting for the oldest one, but when I go up to the nursery the wee one I observe the dance since im stood beside her teacher who is masked up

21 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Oh I much prefer my own company and that of my family plus literally no more than one or two others from time to time.

Never been happier. 🤣

Not all of us need 24-7 attention from others to make us feel valued Jim.

It has also saved my an absolute fortune over the years.
Just one of many reasons why I was able to retire so young. 😜

That's evident by your reticence to post on here regularly right enough.

1 minute ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Nicola Sturgeon says Scotland is now "through the worst" of the Omicron wave, despite estimates that 1 in 30 still have Covid-19. The FM says Vaccine passports and face covering rules will remain in force for now. 

Thank goodness for the masks and passports.  We'd be absolutely screwed without them in place.  

Cracking Up Reaction GIF

10 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

FM @NicolaSturgeon confirms the updated Strategic Framework - the approach to managing Covid more sustainably and less restrictively in the remaining phases of the pandemic - will be published on 22nd February. 

It’s pretty farcical in all honesty. She is clearly laying the groundwork for ‘baseline measures’ to remain in place indefinitely. 

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s pretty farcical in all honesty. She is clearly laying the groundwork for ‘baseline measures’ to remain in place indefinitely. 

Think it’ll be guidance rather than law, but yes, that’s pretty much how I’m reading it.

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Great. More weeks for my son to spend all day breathing through cloth.

Committee meeting this afternoon to discuss. I got the impression from the reference to this, that we should expect said meeting to generate a date for removal of masks in schools.