Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-60294088?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA

Doesn't it feel like T&P is largely redundant now? The virus is endemic, we have no plans for "Zero Covid" any more, the vaccines are doing their job very well, hospital numbers are coming down.

However the SNP want to continue chasing this virus around like a scene from a Scooby Doo cartoon.

Even worse is that Labour seem to want to make T&P even bigger with "extra capacity built into the system".

*UNTIL SEPTEMBER*

The Scottish government has committed funding to keep Test and Protect in place until September, and wants lateral flow tests to continue to be available free of charge.

giphy.gif

Take yourself so far to f**k you risible, tinpot losers. Literally praying the evil, nasty ToRiEzZzZz turn the tap off. That's how bad this is.

She said: "There is a temptation to say that now Covid is more under control we should lift all the basic protections, but in actual fact it's some of those basic protections that have helped us get it under control and which will help us keep it under control.

"That is true of Test and Protect. Of course there are decisions to be taken about it for the longer term, but right now contact tracing and the universal testing offer is a key way in which we are helping keep infection under control, and crucially to help give additional assurance to those who are most vulnerable."

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

FM @NicolaSturgeon confirms the updated Strategic Framework - the approach to managing Covid more sustainably and less restrictively in the remaining phases of the pandemic - will be published on 22nd February. 

'Remaining phases of the pandemic'. So err, now for the UK and most of Europe? This will be the biggest waste of time since their frameworks in 2020 and 2021.

The Scottish Government actually pishing into the wind as we head into spring and summer with 18 (EIGHTEEN) punters in ICU with ole rona and *at least* half the admissions figures of 950 are incidental - likely closer to 60%, so ~380-475.

We're literally entering into a new chapter of hilarity here. The ScotGov banter years while all our Northern European neighbours couldn't give a f**k anymore.

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

If Boris had done this, the simps on here would be screeching all over it.

But because it's the SNP telling the bare-faced lie, well......

Careful. Or you will be thrown out like the Westminster humble cake eater or worse, you might get a visit from the thought polis.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

ScotRail's peak services 'won't return to pre-Covid levels' - BBC News

Of course it won't....

Wasn't Scotrail recently announced as being nationalised by a govt who want folk to stop using cars, incidentally?

In news that surprises no-one. Carting fresh air round the country doesn't get any cheaper no matter who is running the trains. 

Anyway I look forward to the spot on punctuality and cheap fares nationalisation will provide. Oh wait was that a flying pig. 

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

If Sturgeon's framework makes even a passing reference to the eventual removal of the masking mandate I will be pleasantly shocked.

I have to say, I can't see it ever happening. I think it's with us permanently.

She's invested way too much "moral" stock in it to let it go now IMO.

Also, why it needs another 2 weeks is frankly beyond me. They should already know where we are going. They've had 2 whole years FFS.

Tbf I still think Masks will be binned in the coming months. 

Am I giving them too much credit here when I say surely... SURELY they cannot have the audacity to be the govt that told the people of Scotland that wearing facemasks is part of their lives forever? Let alone the fact that they are not only CLEARLY not required anymore. or that the actual only reasonable post-pandemic measures (increase of hospital/caregiving capacity, better pandemic prep, researching better therapeutics) all all thing that are ENTIRELY within their remit as a government. 

Am I giving them too much credit here when I say surely... SURELY they cannot have the audacity to be the govt that told the people of Scotland that wearing facemasks is part of their lives forever? Let alone the fact that they are not only CLEARLY not required anymore. or that the actual only reasonable post-pandemic measures (increase of hospital/caregiving capacity, better pandemic prep, researching better therapeutics) all all thing that are ENTIRELY within their remit as a government. 

Nah, masks will go. Last year England was a bit of an outlier in Europe for removing them, but now more and more countries are doing so. I doubt we’ll be the last country in Europe to get rid of them. The spannish have a right hard on for them and that’s who my moneys on

Ps the polis were just in tescos and never said a dickie bird to me or any of the other maskless shoppers - I don’t wear a lanyard or anything
Just stop wearing it and it will get abandoned the same as all the other lockdown measures that everyone gave up on before they were officially lifted
Shitebag if ye dinny

Yeah it was a steady progression from wearing it in all scenarios required (to the point of not going into a shop if I’d forgotten one), to then occasionally forgetting one and just going ahead without, to now actively not bothering unless there would be a real issue/I wouldn’t get entry without one. Think it’ll take enough people just giving up on them for SG to then claim they’ve decided to make it guidance.

22 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Think it’ll take enough people just giving up on them for SG to then claim they’ve decided to make it guidance.

Someone mentioned this before but, as welcome as that would be for most of us, it won't help the poor staff who continued to be forced to wear one all day by their employer deciding that following the guidance is the only way to avoid negative PR / complaints from customers and staff who feel they no longer care.

Edited by Todd_is_God

I’ve been on a deliberate slide for the last few weeks gradually pushing the boundaries and seeing what reaction it provoked but my mask is now gone forever. 

Various pubs (obvs), Baynes, Morrisons, Scotmid, Greggs, Kwik Fit, Turnberry, Gleneagles, it has been interesting to see no staff challenging it but getting the odd glance from other customers. The more of us that get them in the bin the sooner the ridiculous mandate will end. 

It’s not yet quite up there with Rosa Parks but I’m doing my wee bit.