Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, virginton said:

Depends if they're using your club's Seville calculator to record attendances - unless it magically stops at 3999.

There was 3000 at our game last night but the club only announced 1700 so I think you're possibly thinking of another club m5.

5 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Why were they checking at Dunfermline, is this more to do with the stadium capacity?

Considering this was a midweek game with both teams not exactly on top form it seems a bit weird on top of the reason why they needed to to this in the first place. 3138 was the attendance.

Also have Partick Thistle been asking for VP's as they decided for the ICT game they weren't required, meaning they had been asking for them in the previously.

Are they asking for them at the grounds with bigger stands like at Falkirk or Rugby Park?

It was changed to 10,000 on the 17th January, I think it was anything above 500 or 1,000 until then.

4 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Why were they checking at Dunfermline, is this more to do with the stadium capacity?

Considering this was a midweek game with both teams not exactly on top form it seems a bit weird on top of the reason why they needed to to this in the first place. 3138 was the attendance.

Also have Partick Thistle been asking for VP's as they decided for the ICT game they weren't required, meaning they had been asking for them in the previously.

Are they asking for them at the grounds with bigger stands like at Falkirk or Rugby Park?

Presumably as their stadium holds over 10,000.

19 minutes ago, Rugster said:

The Covid certification scheme in Scotland

Covid status certificates are needed to get into the following higher risk settings in Scotland:

• late night premises with music, which serve alcohol at any time between midnight and 5am and have a designated place for dancing for customers
  • indoor events (unseated) with 500 or more people
  • outdoor events (unseated) with 4,000 or more people
  • any event with 10,000 or more people

People over the age of 18 must show - if asked - that they are fully vaccinated, or have proof of a negative rapid lateral flow test (LFD) or PCR within the previous 24 hours, before they are allowed entry to certain venues and events.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-58422607

Time they got rid of the whole palaver anyway, anyone who isn't vaccinated by now isn't going to be "nudged" by these rules carrying on.

25 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Thistle asked for vaccine passports for one game because the guidance from the JRG was that it was for crowds over 1000 seated which was promptly binned within a week meaning the club no longer need to ask for them.

another middle class lunatic wifie of independent sage fame ventures outside, first class of course, selfie to show her virtue

thankfully slaughtered in comments before she turned it into safe space comments only from other lunatics

Edited by Glennie

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

My pals dad killed himself in November. 72 years old, no terminal illnesses or anything. My pal thinks restrictions had a huge part to play but we will never really know. I suppose if you don't know the reason you can pretend there's no link, but suicide rates are increasing in the over 65 group, so something is causing that. 

It annoys me how some people are happy to turn a blind eye to suicides over lockdown because "we just can't be sure" that it was lockdown that caused them.

One of my brother's pals tried to take his own life at the turn of the year. He's a musician and 19/20. Lockdown obviously hammered the live events industry, denied him the chance to make a living but, more than that, removed him completely from his main outlet. Music. He couldn't perform live, he couldn't go and watch gigs, he wasn't even able to get together with a few pals in a room and arse about with guitars for a fair chunk of the last two years. It totally removed his biggest passion and very nearly cost him his life. I don't doubt there will be countless other stories that are similar too.

2 hours ago, buchan30 said:

Mrs B tested positive for a second time on Monday. We had just finished self isolation after my oldest tested positive over a fortnight ago. Not had my boosters yet, so having to isolate again.

you could solve this clown show by not testing and getting on wi your lives

6 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

It annoys me how some people are happy to turn a blind eye to suicides over lockdown because "we just can't be sure" that it was lockdown that caused them.

One of my brother's pals tried to take his own life at the turn of the year. He's a musician and 19/20. Lockdown obviously hammered the live events industry, denied him the chance to make a living but, more than that, removed him completely from his main outlet. Music. He couldn't perform live, he couldn't go and watch gigs, he wasn't even able to get together with a few pals in a room and arse about with guitars for a fair chunk of the last two years. It totally removed his biggest passion and very nearly cost him his life. I don't doubt there will be countless other stories that are similar too.

Yup. I never came close to suicidal thoughts thankfully but my mental and physical health is absolutely destroyed. All I seem to have done over the past two years is work and I can probably count the number of 'fun' things I've done on the one hand.

Edited by Gaz

3 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Yet any death within 28 days of a positive covid test is included in the stats without questioning if it was contributory.

1 minute ago, Gaz said:

Yup. I never came close to suicidal thoughts thankfully but my mental and physical health is absolutely destroyed. All I seem to have done over the past two years is work and I can probably count the number of 'fun' things I've done on the one hand.

most people i know have been fucked over health wise, whether physical, mental, not able to see doctors and get appointments

all intentional by the state

12 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Aye I was in the same boat. I've said it before, but I went into lockdown in a really good place mentally. I enjoy my job, have a great, steady relationship and have a really supportive family. Two or three times though I felt myself sliding into a dark place, and being quite out of control (most recently before Christmas). I was snappy, ranted and raved, unpleasant to be around and just have no motivation to do anything other than work and sleep.

I honestly have no idea how folk who weren't in as fortunate a position as me managed to get through it. 

27 minutes ago, Tynie Drummie said:

The damage done to people's mental health over the last two years should not be underestimated for all age groups.

Old people terrified to go out, clubs cancelled.

People of all ages isolated and not seeing anyone.  Entire support networks crushed.  No opportunity to mix.

Leisure facilties shut, hospitality sector shut. Sports stopped.

Uni students missing out on some of the best days of their young life's.

Schoolkids missing trips, memories, developing social norms.

The effect has been massive and made much worse by the b*****ds in the media who perpetuated fear, a government who when it suited ignored the science to the detriment of their population and of course the fact that mental health provisions in this country are not fit for purpose.

Not surprising the lack of  willingness to acknowledge the effect on mental health when you have a senior government adviser (yes you Devi) telling folk tough shit and to get on with it.

It's truly shameful the long standing damage that has been done to people.

Aye but the Tories.

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

Mark Drakeford has tested positive. That’ll be Wales papped in a circuit breaker lockdown. 

I'm sure he'll take inspiration from Reynard again and go back to living in his garden shed.

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Not sure what difference 18 days makes unless that's how long it takes to hack the bottom of doors off but another step in the right direction

It will be 'the science', of course.