Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I mean, most people go on holiday once, maybe two times per year. Is a pint before 8am twice a year really an issue?

A pre-flight, 6am pint is fucking GLORIOUS and these crackpots need to stick to things that actually matter, and not shoehorning their idealistic utopia on the rest of us.

What is it about 'public health experts' called Linda? You'd think being Glasgow's director of public health she'd have her work cut out, which doesn't include pissing on the chips of someone who may want a pint or two before their holiday.

10 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

What’s the link to covid here?

This story pops up every few years anyway, like the OF joining the premier league. 

There isn’t one I’d say. A pub is a pub regardless of its location or licensed hours.

Edited by TheScarf

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

What’s the link to covid here?

This story pops up every few years anyway, like the OF joining the premier league. 

The overreach of these fuds!

Covid pub closures should act as a catalyst for change.

The hospitality and tourism industry is a massive part of the Scottish economy and it has been decimated for two years. It's also hilarious that they think the majority of folk away on holiday for a fortnight, or on a city break/stag do, won't be packing away food and bevvy the whole time.

There is a wider issue that worries me slightly in opportunism like this. 

Covid has set a precedent for what we can legislate against in the name of public health and emboldened people who want quick wins to improve health statistics by banning unhealthy stuff. 

True public health comes from a change in culture and attitude, go to most of mainland Europe and you can buy a beer just about anytime you like because it doesn’t tend to end in folk battling and spewing in the street. 

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Covid has set a precedent for what we can legislate against in the name of public health and emboldened people who want quick wins to improve health statistics by banning unhealthy stuff. 

True public health comes from a change in culture and attitude, go to most of mainland Europe and you can buy a beer just about anytime you like because it doesn’t tend to end in folk battling and spewing in the street. 

Rangers fans, basically.

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Public health psychos were recently trying to claim junk food ads being banned from the London Underground led to a reduction of 1,000 calories per household, per week. This then averaged out to a hilariously small amount *if* their findings were even accurate.

Maybe on 21 March this thread can become Public Health Watch, @ICTChris?

Well, can’t say I’m unhappy with the announcement yesterday.

Vaccine app in the bin on Monday, face masks gone in a month and just use common sense going forward.

I think we may see a UK wide plan for winter, but until then nothing else.

Get the thread closed and fired into P&B goal so we can relive some of the chaos.

47 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Anyone else can’t wait for the 21st of March to come when masks will be in the bin. 

I have this nagging feeling that Putin is waiting until midnight on the 20th of March before steaming into Ukraine. We’ll all wake up in the morning ready to launch leopardskin patterend polyester fashion facemasks into the sun, just as the first nukes hit the Holy Loch. Sturgeon responds by telling us we all need to stay indoors, concerts and fitba’ are cancelled, and we need to wear facemasks to protect ourselves from radioactive fallout.

Shopping centres will remain open, but staff will be required to re-instate one way arrow stickers on the floors.

Bookmark this.

10 hours ago, pozbaird said:

I have this nagging feeling that Putin is waiting until midnight on the 20th of March before steaming into Ukraine. We’ll all wake up in the morning ready to launch leopardskin patterend polyester fashion facemasks into the sun, just as the first nukes hit the Holy Loch. Sturgeon responds by telling us we all need to stay indoors, concerts and fitba’ are cancelled, and we need to wear facemasks to protect ourselves from radioactive fallout.

Shopping centres will remain open, but staff will be required to re-instate one way arrow stickers on the floors.

Bookmark this.

Masks out, HazMat suits in.

11 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Bookmark this.

Putin didn’t bother waiting I see. FFS. Do those plastic face visor things help when World War 3 and mutually assured destruction happens?