Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Do we know the difference in the number of people in hospital with or because of Covid yet? 

I know loads of folk who have had it recently. But very few who have actually had anything more than a cold.

Same here. My parents are in their late 60s and have it and one has a runny nose.

I thought this had already been announced? Or maybe it was somebody taking the pish saying that the next one would be called Deltacron. Seems they were right.

The last 3 paragraphs are tell you all need to know about this.

On 08/03/2022 at 14:37, Loonytoons said:

Vaccines bailed us all out, 

I find this belief curious.

There have been far more cases, hospitalisations and deaths since the vaccine rollout started than before.

And that’s before we even get to vaccine injuries and deaths

In what way can anyone believe that vaccines bailed us out 

Vaccines and lockdowns are the greatest self inflicted health disasters in history 

7 minutes ago, Captain Saintsible said:

I find this belief curious.

There have been far more cases, hospitalisations and deaths since the vaccine rollout started than before.

And that’s before we even get to vaccine injuries and deaths

In what way can anyone believe that vaccines bailed us out 

Vaccines and lockdowns are the greatest self inflicted health disasters in history 

🍿💣

"Keep sensibly wearing those things that clearly don't work, and that I'm going to bin in 10 days time" [emoji1317]
image.png.8711ec0e125e628c00f08619274d3209.png
Definitely preparing myself for the ultimate shitting of the bed on Tuesday.
Not that I'm complaining but it's quite telling that we're seeing these numbers and the SG are doing nothing. A year ago, or even a few months ago, they would have almost definitely shat the bed (or shut the pubs).

Hopefully they've finally accepted we just have to live with this and manage it as best we can as we do with literally every other virus.

Just now, Ron Aldo said:

Not that I'm complaining but it's quite telling that we're seeing these numbers and the SG are doing nothing. A year ago, or even a few months ago, they would have almost definitely shat the bed (or shut the pubs).

Hopefully they've finally accepted we just have to live with this and manage it as best we can as we do with literally every other virus.

They have, however, started mewling about cases and promoting "protections" again just a few days before they will be making the decision on whether to go ahead with binning mask mandates on the 21st of March.

They aren't currently doing anything because they A - can't afford to shut pubs etc again after making an arse of it over Christmas and B - have until Tuesday anyway to decide whether or not they will be making another of those unpopular decisions and delay the lifting of said mandate for a few weeks because they "make no apologies for keeping people safe"

10 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

The big difference is nearly universal vaccination and mutation to a milder disease leading to stable hospitalisations and dropping ICU usage and deaths despite a rising case count.

image.thumb.png.44252c022a0080ce10fda65556bf5379.png

image.thumb.png.ebf765c9f90867ce4118cd06e4818c70.png

22 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The big difference is nearly universal vaccination and mutation to a milder disease leading to stable hospitalisations and dropping ICU usage and deaths despite a rising case count.

image.thumb.png.44252c022a0080ce10fda65556bf5379.png

image.thumb.png.ebf765c9f90867ce4118cd06e4818c70.png

Except levels of death and hospitalisations remain similar to / higher than last Autumn, when, you will remember, the SG declared that the levels were too high to remove mask mandates. They are also roughly double than when they jumped the gun and got caught out at Christmas.

The SG have been done a kipper and are backed into a corner by their desire to milk political gain from being different from those reckless toarrrrries.

Now the rest of the world is ditching restrictions they have little choice but to follow, and go against every bit of care more rhetoric they have spouted for the last 21 months.

They are fortunate that the war in Ukraine has deflected attention away from Covid as i've no idea how they would spin their way out of the hole they dug themselves.

Screenshot_20220312-000349_Opera.jpg

Screenshot_20220312-000329_Opera.jpg

Edited by Todd_is_God

Finally got covid 2 weeks ago for the first time (that I know of). First day I felt weak as hell. After that a horrible burning taste anytime I ate or drank. Had to miss a gig I'd been waiting months for but aside from that it was all a bit meh. Managed to get back hill walking a few days later. All in all apart from the burning taste it was like any other cold/flu virus I've ever had 

20 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Wibble. It's over m8, find another hobby.

This post sums up your entire contribution to this thread over the last 2 years. Caught out trying to defend the SG  at all costs with indisputable facts so has to respond with a ‘ignore that and move on’ comment.

Pathetic stuff, as we’ve all come to expect from you.

Edited by Honest_Man#1

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:
On 10/03/2022 at 21:32, Todd_is_God said:
I also notice that 125,00 test results were reported on monday. That's an insane number.

Not really - there will gevalot doing because it is work related - care home staff and NHS staff will all still be testing.

Why they are doing them isn't the point, but over 2% of the population testing every day is a ridiculous waste of money at this stage.

There is no way the SG can justify subsidising free testing at anything like this level beyond the 1st of April.

19 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

This post sums up your entire contribution to this thread over the last 2 years. Caught out trying to defend the SG  at all costs with indisputable facts so has to respond with a ‘ignore that and move on’ comment.

Pathetic stuff, as we’ve all come to expect from you.

Remember when he resigned from the thread in a huff? Halycon days.

Probably posted more since than before as well

image.png.80e8e60dcc8872f3c0ab23ec0eba822a.png