Coronavirus (COVID-19)

17 minutes ago, Left Back said:

The penalty for Sturgeons alleged crime and Boris’ crime is the same.  A fixed penalty notice so on the eyes of the law they’re about as equivalent as you can get.

As I’ve said previously I don’t think there’s a cat in hells chance Police Scotland will take any action.

BJ lied to Parliament about it. He should resign. Sturgeon should apologise.

3 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

You actually are outraged by both equally?

Personally, I was pretty pissed off when Sturgeon wasn't wearing a mask at the memorial but not in a "she should walk for that" sort of way.
Boris and his parties though, utterly raging he treated the country in such contempt.

I’m not outraged at either.  I’m old enough to realise that politicians of all parties think they’re above the law.  Break the law, lob out an apology and move on is the current mantra.  We’ve seen examples in the last couple of years from the Tories, SNP, Scottish Greens, Starmer was pictured allegedly bevvying it up with work pals.

They’re all at it while expecting us to toe whatever nonsense line they’re pushing at the time.

Scotland still has an Explain/Educate and enforce as last resort approach to covid regs. In fairness as much as I am strongly critical of Sturgeons performance and have no time for her shite it was clear she’s walked in and forgotten to put a mask on, its not a big deal, ive done it myself a good few times now. Id much rather we dealt with her poor decision making on matters of policy than seek to hing her out to dry for what is a complete lot of shite. 
Completely agree - it actually takes away from the argument that the masking policy itself is absolutely ineffective.

It enforces the idea that masking should be a must.

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

it was clear she’s walked in and forgotten to put a mask on, its not a big deal, ive done it myself a good few times now.

But that's not good enough tbh. NS mandated masks and went to great lengths to tell everyone at every opportunity how vital they were to "control covid and protect the NHS." When that is your stance the idea that you simply forgot on multiple occasions becomes harder to sell each time.

Her "I followed the rules" defence also did little to help her in that regard.

It's a major mistake.

So it looks like the SNP cultists line of defence has been:-
1) It's only wan fukkin' day. Naebuddy cares.
2) Leave her alain cuz Boris has dun wurss.
3) She pure forgot man. Jeezo.
Awwwww bless their earnest wee hearts.
Every cult in history has relied on this type of member to preserve it well beyond it's shelf life.
Without them, the SNP would have been dead and buried years ago.
She must have a wee shrine to these keyboard heroes prepared to lie in the mud for her to walk right over. [emoji1787]
Right now, she's teflon-shouldered. The police will do nothing, masks will go in about 90 minutes (the bonfire is ready to be lit) and it'll all be forgotten by Tuesday.

Jerk circle leader.

8 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

BJ lied to Parliament about it. He should resign. Sturgeon should apologise.

No argument about Johnson.  How many times is Sturgeon allowed to break the law and just apologise?

Was Calderwood allowed to apologise?  Hancock?

But that's not good enough tbh. NS mandated masks and went to great lengths to tell everyone at every opportunity how vital they were to "control covid and protect the NHS." When that is your stance the idea that you simply forgot on multiple occasions becomes harder to sell each time.
Her "I followed the rules" defence also did little to help her in that regard.
It's a major mistake.
For all the times Sturgeon has been caught on camera in the last two years you've got:
the mistake at the funeral which even her opponents conceded could happen to anyone and never had a pop at her for.

The memorial service which was a blatant gaff given she kept the mask wearing for another fortnight

This last one which is another gaff but a couple of days before the whole thing is finished with

Seriously, have a go at education, drugs deaths, the ferry fiasco but spare us the face mask stuff. It's really pretty irrelevant.

2 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

For all the times Sturgeon has been caught on camera in the last two years you've got:
the mistake at the funeral which even her opponents conceded could happen to anyone and never had a pop at her for.

The memorial service which was a blatant gaff given she kept the mask wearing for another fortnight

This last one which is another gaff but a couple of days before the whole thing is finished with

Seriously, have a go at education, drugs deaths, the ferry fiasco but spare us the face mask stuff. It's really pretty irrelevant.

You’re still missing some.

So it looks like the SNP cultists line of defence has been:-
1) It's only wan fukkin' day. Naebuddy cares.
2) Leave her alain cuz Boris has dun wurss.
3) She pure forgot man. Jeezo.
Awwwww bless their earnest wee hearts.
Every cult in history has relied on this type of member to preserve it well beyond it's shelf life.
Without them, the SNP would have been dead and buried years ago.
She must have a wee shrine to these keyboard heroes prepared to lie in the mud for her to walk right over. [emoji1787]
Right now, she's teflon-shouldered. The police will do nothing, masks will go in about 90 minutes (the bonfire is ready to be lit) and it'll all be forgotten by Tuesday.
Which SNP cultists?

Names?

5 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

Here's the thing, though. When you do bring these up, the cultists swat it away and say things like "ach I know, but independence" and overlook it.

Now you are suggesting we let NS off with her regular rulebreaking because it's minor in the grand scheme of things.

Just what will it actually take for the likes of yourself to say "enough is enough" with the SNP, or will you continue to ignore their failings and defend them so long as they dangle that sweet sweet carrot of an Indy ref just out of your reach?

8 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

You used to be a reasonably decent poster on this thread - even if I didn't always agree with you.

What is it i've posted you've taken umbrage with?

Edited by Todd_is_God

8 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
11 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:
What is it i've posted you've taken umbrage with?

You increasingly using the simps shite, argue your case man - you're more than capable of doing it.

Fair point. I'm not overly convinced Loony is looking for an actual discussion any more so than he is attempting (rather poorly) to troll, though, hence the hesitancy for any serious engagement.

There's also the factor that in less than an hour there's going to be no real reason left to really get involved in much discussion - i've made arguments over the last 18-21 months for why I feel what is about to happen is the right thing, and we are finally there.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Here's the thing, though. When you do bring these up, the cultists swat it away and say things like "ach I know, but independence" and overlook it.
Now you are suggesting we let NS off with her regular rulebreaking because it's minor in the grand scheme of things.
Just what will it actually take for the likes of yourself to say "enough is enough" with the SNP, or will you continue to ignore their failings and defend them so long as they dangle that sweet sweet carrot of an Indy ref just out of your reach?

Jesus wept.

This discussion has arisen through face mask wearing, so what "regular rule breaking" has she actually done in regards to that?

Not like it's any of your business but I'm not a SNP voter. I've already pointed out where both Sturgeon and the SNP have failed the country.

Stop thinking that if someone disagrees with you that they must be "the other camp". It just might be that your argument isn't up to robust scrutiny.