Coronavirus (COVID-19)

45 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I think I still have the letter from my boss telling the police I had a job and was allowed out the house kicking about somewhere. Utterly ludicrous.

Wonder how they worked in Liverpool.  Must have given the polis a right laugh.

I'm still testing positive (albeit the line is getting fainter) despite my symptoms starting over a week ago. I've also felt perfectly fine since Sunday.

My question is how long can you test positive for? The only reason I ask is I start a new job on Monday and need to show proof of a negative test to be able to start the initial training course. Obviously it's still a few days away but I'm starting to get the fear that I'll still be testing positive at that point.

I'm still testing positive (albeit the line is getting fainter) despite my symptoms starting over a week ago. I've also felt perfectly fine since Sunday.

My question is how long can you test positive for? The only reason I ask is I start a new job on Monday and need to show proof of a negative test to be able to start the initial training course. Obviously it's still a few days away but I'm starting to get the fear that I'll still be testing positive at that point.

When your ten days is up that’s you good to go. The NHS inform website then says you shouldn’t do an LFT test for 28 days after.

When your ten days is up that’s you good to go. The NHS inform website then says you shouldn’t do an LFT test for 28 days after.
Unfortunately my new employer is asking for 3 (three!) negative tests per week while we're away for training so not testing isn't really an option.

Watching the football tonight a thought occurred to me - are sporting venues still operating under the COVID measures with capacities being decided by local authorities, or are things back to normal and it’s just the standard safety certificates?

34 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

If people want to buy themselves test kits then that's up to them tbh.

Inclined to agree. Few reasons, people may want to test before they go visit an elderly relative, may want to test in the run up to a transatlantic flight etc too. Its perfecty reasonable that some people might want to keep taking tests. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

7 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Enjoyed a late tasty dinner with some tasty beer at about 8 tonight, but just two hours later I can't taste or smell the double Bowmore I just poured myself. 

no-luke-skywalker.gif.1105c95bf303fc9f31a2617e0010d3e2.gif

Oh no! I had it last week for the first time. Very mild cold for a few days. But had the total anosmia for about 5 days. That was awful, very weird not being able to smell or taste anything. Hope it doesn't last long for you.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

If people want to buy themselves test kits then that's up to them tbh.

Agreed. I don't really see the harm in testing in this from. But think it's time to draw a line under mass testing. In particular asymptomatic testing. 

24 minutes ago, Eatmygoal said:

Agreed. I don't really see the harm in testing in this from. But think it's time to draw a line under mass testing. In particular asymptomatic testing. 

Agreed. I'm also not sure people who are perfectly well taking time off work for no reason other than they have a positive LFT is good in the long run either. To me a positive test doesn't, on its own, mean "sick"

These people will no doubt then get upset if this contributes to the triggering of absence management procedures, but the days of putting covid on a pedestal and giving it special treatment should be long gone.

Inclined to agree. Few reasons, people may want to test before they go visit an elderly relative, may want to test in the run up to a transatlantic flight etc too. Its perfecty reasonable that some people might want to keep taking tests. 

I know one guy who’s effectively gone into a mini lockdown because he’s away to America in 2 weeks and doesn’t want to mess anything up with the entry requirements. Needs must for situations like that.

We’ve got 5 boxes of test kits still, because my fiancé needs to test for work weekly. My work encourages us to test before going in but it’s not enforced in the way it was back in December.

3 hours ago, Eatmygoal said:

I think that is going soon. 

https://www.gov.scot/publications/test-protect-transition-plan/

If I’ve read that right (and there’s been no pushing back of the dates since it was announced), next week sees the end of routine asymptomatic testing for everyone except those working in health and social care. The end of the month sees the end of all testing, even for those who are symptomatic - again, except for those who work in health and social care. Hospital visitors will also be encouraged to take an LFT. 

There’s then a “six pillar steady state” from the beginning of May. I won’t summarise it because I’m not sure I fully understand it…

12 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

Day 9 for me and I'm still testing positive. Other half tested positive for something like 14 or 15 days after first symptoms.

On 14/04/2022 at 03:11, NorthernLights said:

Binned the emergency powers? I think they are desperately trying to make them permanent.

https://www.parliament.scot/bills-and-laws/bills/coronavirus-recovery-and-reform-scotland-bill

Hopefully we won't be an international outlier among our northern European neighbours, and this will be binned. Not like that has stopped the Scottish Government before, granted.

On 14/04/2022 at 07:48, Billy Jean King said:

You keep up your obsessive hand wringing all you want but for the vast majority it's over come Monday. I honestly think if you don't return to living a normal life on Monday then you have to admit that Covid has seriously fucked you over and it's time to seek professional help if you honestly feel unable to return to getting on with day to day living. Unfortunately there are going to be those that this has broken (both ways) and you are definitely starting to show signs of it but like it or loathe it come Monday this ends. Every chance this will end up being my last post on here.

This from one of the biggest 'this is a new normal, life will never be the same as before' bed wetters on here. Tremendous stuff.

Covid has been 'over' for myself for a very long time.  Unfortunately the diddy government we have in Scotland dragged things out nearly a year longer than our neighbours south of the border.

Can't be living a normal life if posting in the P&B Covid thread, though. 🥴 I better tear up my ticket for the cup semi tomorrow, not have a bevvy and steak this weekend, and cancel my different trips abroad this summer... apparently. 🥴

22 hours ago, The Master said:

With the legal requirement to wear masks essentially being the last thing to go, it got me thinking about the various measures in the past 2 years.

Obviously the first major thing was the first lockdown in March 2020. I think in general it was the right call, and you’ll probably struggle to find anyone who would disagree. The severity of the virus was still unknown so restricting or preventing anything that unnecessarily increased the chance of close contact made perfect sense.

Glad I opposed it as I had the long-term oversight to see where it would lead and that we had simply thrown out all pre-pandemic planning and trust in public health/the relationship with the state for pure panic and group think. It was already clear who this virus affected.

20 hours ago, superbigal said:
On 14/04/2022 at 07:48, Billy Jean King said:
You keep up your obsessive hand wringing all you want but for the vast majority it's over come Monday. I honestly think if you don't return to living a normal life on Monday then you have to admit that Covid has seriously fucked you over and it's time to seek professional help if you honestly feel unable to return to getting on with day to day living. Unfortunately there are going to be those that this has broken (both ways) and you are definitely starting to show signs of it but like it or loathe it come Monday this ends. Every chance this will end up being my last post on here.

I think he needs to become a Chinese citizen. Then a few more years of posting still to come.

5xbn8h.png

3 hours ago, mizfit said:

I know one guy who’s effectively gone into a mini lockdown because he’s away to America in 2 weeks and doesn’t want to mess anything up with the entry requirements. Needs must for situations like that.

We’ve got 5 boxes of test kits still, because my fiancé needs to test for work weekly. My work encourages us to test before going in but it’s not enforced in the way it was back in December.

Yep, in January there because we hadn’t got to Florida for a couple of years and badly wanted to go we kinda did the same and I dont regret that one bit. Doing that video test to get on the flight was the most flustered ive been.