Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Nope.  They’re both the same.  So called leaders creating laws they expect us to follow while ignoring them when they feel like it. 
Even the most fervent of maskers will have inadvertently forgotten to mask when they should. I don't particularly agree with the masking policy (and have criticised Sturgeon elsewhere about this). But this video, like the previous snaps, look like another tawdry attempt at false equivalence. It certainly looks like someone waiting for a moment to catch Sturgeon without her mask.

That's not excusing Sturgeon - there clearly has been a breach - but that false equivalence is dangerous in that allows the more severe breaches to be treated the same as lesser breaches and be then swept under the carpet.

Nope.  They’re both the same.  So called leaders creating laws they expect us to follow while ignoring them when they feel like it. 
I see your point and it definitely has merit but I'd say there are levels of being a c**t and Boris and his cronies partying away while families couldn't visit their dieing kin is miles above not wearing a mask.

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Even the most fervent of maskers will have inadvertently forgotten to mask when they should. I don't particularly agree with the masking policy (and have criticised Sturgeon elsewhere about this). But this video, like the previous snaps, look like another tawdry attempt at false equivalence.

It’s not the first time it’s happened.  It’s now a bit of a habit for her to be snapped without a mask when she should be wearing one.

Why is it false equivalence?  When you make the law you absolutely should be held to it.  When you’ve also been “caught” doing the same thing a few times before how stupid are you to keep repeating the same mistake?

It’s repeatedly breaking the law which is exactly the same thing she’s happy to ridicule Johnson for.

She’ll get away with it because the police aren’t issuing fines for non mask wearing.  The Tories surely aren’t stupid enough to bring it up and everyone else is irrelevant.  She is no better than Johnson in this matter though.

It’s not the first time it’s happened.  It’s now a bit of a habit for her to be snapped without a mask when she should be wearing one.
Why is it false equivalence?  When you make the law you absolutely should be held to it.  When you’ve also been “caught” doing the same thing a few times before how stupid are you to keep repeating the same mistake?
It’s repeatedly breaking the law which is exactly the same thing she’s happy to ridicule Johnson for.
She’ll get away with it because the police aren’t issuing fines for non mask wearing.  The Tories surely aren’t stupid enough to bring it up and everyone else is irrelevant.  She is no better than Johnson in this matter though.
From your three points only one was possibly breaking the law.
If you want to have a go at Sturgeon's handling of the virus at least get a better case than the face mask stuff.
There's far better material out there.

17 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

I see your point and it definitely has merit but I'd say there are levels of being a c**t and Boris and his cronies partying away while families couldn't visit their dieing kin is miles above not wearing a mask.

You mean putting peoples lives in danger isn’t being a c**t?

That’s why we have to wear masks at the moment isn’t it?  Maybe I’ve missed something.

That’s why we have to wear masks at the moment isn’t it?  Maybe I’ve missed something.
You are.

If we treated every breach of the law the same you'd have murderers getting treated the same as those getting fixed penalty parking notices.

Yes there needs to be a reaction to the breach but has to be proportionate to the crime - something you clearly don't understand.

Just now, Loonytoons said:
3 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Yeh. Common sense.

😂

Are you insane or simply a member of the Sturgeon can do no wrong brigade?

26 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

This is classic whataboutery, though.

NS has made the same mistake now on multiple occasions, yet has also seen fit to cling to mandatory masking etc waaay longer than required.

It makes no difference what rules anyone else has also broken.

[emoji23]
Are you insane or simply a member of the Sturgeon can do no wrong brigade?
I'm clearly not when I pointed out there is far better ammunition to have a pop at than the face mask stuff. The party she attended being a prime example.

You've clearly got a stick up your arse about Sturgeon but at least have the common sense to have a pop at her for something better than face masks.

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

You are.

If we treated every breach of the law the same you'd have murderers getting treated the same as those getting fixed penalty parking notices.

Yes there needs to be a reaction to the breach but has to be proportionate to the crime - something you clearly don't understand.

The penalty for Sturgeons alleged crime and Boris’ crime is the same.  A fixed penalty notice so on the eyes of the law they’re about as equivalent as you can get.

As I’ve said previously I don’t think there’s a cat in hells chance Police Scotland will take any action.

This is classic whataboutery, though.
NS has made the same mistake now on multiple occasions, yet has also seen fit to cling to mandatory masking etc waaay longer than required.
It makes no difference what rules anyone else has also broken.

It's not whataboutery at all. The discussion I'm involved in is related to mask wearing being comparible to having organised parties. So my point does have a difference to what rules are broken.
One is way more cuntish than the other, to argue anything less shows a complete disregard to those who couldn't be with family members in their last moments.

The penalty for Sturgeons alleged crime and Boris’ crime is the same.  A fixed penalty notice so on the eyes of the law they’re about as equivalent as you can get.
As I’ve said previously I don’t think there’s a cat in hells chance Police Scotland will take any action.
You actually are outraged by both equally?

Personally, I was pretty pissed off when Sturgeon wasn't wearing a mask at the memorial but not in a "she should walk for that" sort of way.
Boris and his parties though, utterly raging he treated the country in such contempt.

11 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

It's not whataboutery at all. The discussion I'm involved in is related to mask wearing being comparible to having organised parties. So my point does have a difference to what rules are broken.
One is way more cuntish than the other, to argue anything less shows a complete disregard to those who couldn't be with family members in their last moments.

Ultimately it shows the same thing - a complete disregard for the rules they themselves imposed on others.

NS absolutely pilloried Aberdeen players at covid briefings for going to the pub (when it was perfectly ok for everyone else to do so), yet has, on multiple occasions now, failed to follow her own guidance.

"Rules for thee but not for me"

Unfortunately, when you hold positions such as FM, wee mistakes on multiple occasions simply can't happen.

Edited by Todd_is_God

2 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

Personally, I was pretty pissed off when Sturgeon wasn't wearing a mask at the memorial but not in a "she should walk for that" sort of way.
Boris and his parties though, utterly raging he treated the country in such contempt.

^^^ simp

14 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Scotland still has an Explain/Educate and enforce as last resort approach to covid regs. In fairness as much as I am strongly critical of Sturgeons performance and have no time for her shite it was clear she’s walked in and forgotten to put a mask on, its not a big deal, ive done it myself a good few times now. Id much rather we dealt with her poor decision making on matters of policy than seek to hing her out to dry for what is a complete lot of shite. 

Reaction I said.

Whilst I am no fan of the masking policy I don't think I've seen a reaction that someone couldn't get to a relative's funeral because of face masks.

There's also the important detail that Sturgeon has never denied that the breaches happened.

Which you can't say for Boris et al and their "I didn't do it" Bart Simpson defence - that's what much of the recent anger has really been about.

In the case of Boris I would argue that a lot of the anger goes beyond the synthetic political anger - and comes from the hearts of ordinary people. In Sturgeon case the reaction has been predominantly synthetic political anger driven by politicians who want to deflect.

We saw the same earlier in the pandemic with deflection over Cummings visit to Barnard Castle - with Ian Blackford being accused of making an illegal journey (which actually turned out to be complete nonsense).

There's also a clearly deliberate attempt muddy the waters by saying that every breach should receive a fine - that clearly isn't the case for the vast majority of breaches - fines have not always been the go to tool but more to deal with deliberately fragrant breaches of the law.