Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Which approach is going to work better?

Belarus with their football etc continuing and their president saying there is no virus there because he can't see it flying around and suggest that drinking vodka and going to the sauna will ward it off anyway.

Or 

Turkmenistan where the government has banned the word coronavirus by removing it from its health information brochures and detaining anyone talking about the virus or wearing masks in public. The government have apparently denied it but despite them sharing a border with Iran, they say they have no cases of coronavirus.

Utter fuckwits who can't get their head around why they're making space in hospitals can't lose, apart from maybe dying a horrible death. If social isolation works and capacity doesn't get overwhelmed, they'll say told you so, what was all all the fuss about. If it doesn't and there are folk dying without care in the corridors, they'll say told you so, social isolation was a waste of time, as they cough their last breath.

Guest Moomintroll
It's called Czechvar over here. I hope they got a big settlement to come to that agreement. 
Anheuser Busch stole their copyright & screwed Budvar over royally. The Budvar Brewery were unfairly robbed of their original product rights by an American Court Stitch Up.

20 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

No surprises at all, I think most of us have been saying for the past couple of weeks that the damage had already been done (especially London) and that the "horrifying" figures wouldn't start to come through until the first couple of weeks in April.

Like everything in this country it's too little too late with Business and the Economy lording it over Health and Welfare.

These numbers are meaningless

They are telling us the numbers dying WITH coronavirus, not OF it

we need to know the excess mortality

i believe the excess mortality in the UK will be zero

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Utter fuckwits who can't get their head around why they're making space in hospitals can't lose, apart from maybe dying a horrible death. If social isolation works and capacity doesn't get overwhelmed, they'll say told you so, what was all all the fuss about. If it doesn't and there are folk dying without care in the corridors, they'll say told you so, social isolation was a waste of time, as they cough their last breath.

So you’re saying the hospitals in New York are empty as per the video and that they’re just waiting for the rush? 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/03/31/new-york-city-hospitals-coronavirus/?outputType=amp

fuckwits line you are literally killing people by throwing them out of hospitals 

Guest Moomintroll
So you’re saying the hospitals in New York are empty as per the video and that they’re just waiting for the rush? 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/03/31/new-york-city-hospitals-coronavirus/?outputType=amp
fuckwits line you are literally killing people by throwing them out of hospitals 
Are you still seriously still fucking here?

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:
2 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

Are you still seriously still fucking here?

I'm more surprise to see you, what's the latest?

10 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

All hospitals are c!earing beds as much as possible in anticipation of needing them for covid.

Antrim hospital has been cleared and A&E is being set up with beds, too. All non Covid patients have been sent to Coleriane. South West Acute has/is transferred/transferring maternity to Altnagelvin

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-foyle-west-52118311

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Not in to conspiracy theories but who's to say they aren't filming at quiet times, I'm sure our hospitals and ambulance service are fairly quiet or at least have been recently, you've got to have coffin lid open to go to a hospital at the moment. 

Don't want to quote Jeremiah, but for him and a few others on here you maybe want to start toning it down a bit on the Conspiracy theories, and the viewpoint that this is all an overreaction, and won't be nearly as bad as stated etc.

Unofficially from someone I know who is involved in local planning around this, apparently fatalities are going to start rising quite rapidly in a matter of days in Scotland.  Temp morgues which have been on standby to be needed fairly imminently.

Not a source for anyone else here to hang their hat on obviously, and hopefully it's wrong, but there is a chance folk on here will be directly affected over the next while.

Guest Moomintroll
Cough, cough, cough, wheeze, wheeze, it's an utter b*****d but i'm ok, just hope I haven't infected someone with a vulnerable relative. It isn't as bad as proper flu but it's worse than a cold.

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:
8 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Cough, cough, cough, wheeze, wheeze, it's an utter b*****d but i'm ok, just hope I haven't infected someone with a vulnerable relative. It isn't as bad as proper flu but it's worse than a cold.

We've obviously got a direct route to the milder strain on here, hope Div hasn't restricted it to his tenner a monthers.