Saints vs Accies 5/2/20 - 6 Pointer perhaps!

I know we have a rep as St. Boo but I don't think I've ever seen a crowd baying for a refs blood so much as that last 10 minutes, not even against Dundee Utd in the playoffs. From the blatant elbow that opened up Famewo's eye right in front of both the ref and the linesman to the meaty challenges going in at the end which seemed to result solely in Accies free kicks, it got frantic. 

Also interested in where only 6 minutes of stoppage time came from given there were two 3 minute stoppages and a full compliment of substitutes. 

Edited by djchapsticks

Baffling refereeing performance, pretty sure he has previous for it but it’s no surprise he hasn’t been given a higher profile/tv game with performances like that. I thought the picture on the scoreboard was Bobby Madden, I hope it was.
It’s been quite a while since everyone in Love St has rounded on an individual at the end of the match, much needed.

Why did Miller take the penalty [emoji2357]

Terrible penalty, but who else was hitting that really? McGowan has had his chance and was just as bad as Miller, Davies isn’t on the park (when he should have been instead of Moyo), Would you trust Moyo to hit it and Ross Cunningham has been sent to Clyde.

Shocking penalty but the right taker.

Goodwin's team selection and tactics in the first were absolutely atrocious. 

Junior on his own up front against a back 4 that quickly became a back 5. Bringing Hodson on was fine but putting him in midfield and keeping Flynn at right back! 

Then a like for like substitution with Obika on for Junior. 

The refereeing performance is going to take most of the heat, but that was fucking awful from the manager. 

We are bang in this relegation fight and for the first time this season I am properly fearful. 

Feel like a broken record here, first half great performance, second half shite, rice/beuzy then try to settle for a point and could have came back to bite them. Wrong subs also Moyo is back to being a Richard Roy/Joel Thomas laughing stock.

On a different note that was possibly one of the worst displays of officiating I’ve ever seen. Any game we’ve had with these new refs have been brutal.

Given the situation at the bottom and the way the game went, that’s certainly a much better point for us than Accies.

They’re still 3 points behind us with a much worse goal difference so need a 2 game swing to get above us, and we’re a point further away from bottom.

Even when we play poorly we are still a hard team to beat. Need to be changing these draws (that’s 3 in a row now) into wins though.

Better second half from Saints. Would be hard for it not to be.

We were the only team going for it at the end, but too little too late.

All three teams above us winning makes even a point look poor.

On the brighter side, super refereeing tonight.

Collum, who was 4th official and I assume in charge of the clock, will be shaking in his boots as his position as Scotland’s top ref is clearly under threat from tonight’s man in the middle.

A truly special display.

Junior on his own up front against a back 4 that quickly became a back 5. Bringing Hodson on was fine but putting him in midfield and keeping Flynn at right back! 
The refereeing performance is going to take most of the heat, but that was fucking awful from the manager. 
We are bang in this relegation fight and for the first time this season I am properly fearful. 
Agreed. I thought taking McGrath off was odd, but Flynn should've been back in the midfield if you're making that sub.

I'm not sure the formation works for us. We managed 1 maybe 2 shots on target from open play, that's against the team who was bottom of the league.

Agreed the set-up at the start was horrendous. Second half at Easter Road most of the crowd were on Obika’s back but we missed him today. Andreu was terrible this evening, he was irate at the referee’s performance & rightly so but he shouldn’t be much happier with his own. Obika should’ve been on for him not Morias. McGrath should not have been the scapegoat at half time and certainly not when being replaced with Hodson. His challenge for the penalty one the daftest you will see all season. One defensive option on the bench and the one who was chosen to bring on while 1-0 down, ridiculous.
Goodwin’s hand was forced with team selection in the game at New Douglas Park and we were far better. Two decent performances from Durmus in a row however which is at least something.

That second half was fucking pathetic - there seemed to be very little intent to try and score another (while leading) or win (while drawing). We're very, very, very rarely the team in the ascendancy while drawing, especially away from home, and being happy with a draw in these circumstances is spineless.

I'm not sure any of the subs were necessarily wrong, but all three of them were completely ineffective.

Feel bad for Miller as he actually had the balls to take it (there was no one out there I would've trusted), but it's weird that he did considering he was right down the order in a cup game against Queen's Park. Hopefully it doesn't f**k his confidence too much, as he was outstanding before the miss.

Credit to Scott McMann for putting in one of the worst 45 minutes I've ever seen, which is actually unlike him this season.

12 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

That has to be the worst referee I've seen in many a year and we've seen some right roasters. He would make Collum look like Collina!!

Bordering on cheating from the ref, fecking disgrace. 

The referee was atrocious for both teams to be fair. Extraordinarily lenient which at first I put down to trying to let the game flow but some of the challenges he let go were mental 😄

Edited by d_t_b

Baffling refereeing performance, pretty sure he has previous for it but it’s no surprise he hasn’t been given a higher profile/tv game with performances like that.

It was the hibs midweek game I remember distinctly. He was rotten. I hate moaning about referees after disappointing results but that level of incompetency effects the game massively. That said a draw a fair result. I’m hoping Chabbi is fit soon.

16 minutes ago, cdisaaccie said:

A referee biased in favour of Hamilton Accies?

Behave.

Got so many easy calls wrong.  He looked way out his depth. 

You can see by the games here that he's refereed,  the smaller club are being used to break these idiot's in. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/alan-newlands/profil/schiedsrichter/4825

Goodwin shat it tonight and got it all wrong. That was a horrific performance from us. Aside from that Durmus free kick, which was a thing of beauty, we lacked any real quality in midfield or attack. The first half was as bad as I can remember from us. 

The second half slightly better. I’d like to see the assault on Ryan Flynn and the other incident where the guy smashed his elbow into Famewo’s eye it looked a bad one.

As for that baldy p***k Newlands he should be nowhere near this level refereeing. Quite clearly lost his head and made a monumental c**t of it.