Arbroath vs Ayr United

24 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I'd take a draw right now and as for talking about Arbroath and the "wind", we've got a bloody cheek considering the conditions the last time we played Arbroath at Somerset !!!

Well, I for one am shocked 😉

Nah in fairness I also agree. I said 7 points from Morton (H), Arbroath (A) and Alloa (A) would be a decent return and had Arbroath down as the one where we’d be most likely to drop points. 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Well, I for one am shocked 😉

Nah in fairness I also agree. I said 7 points from Morton (H), Arbroath (A) and Alloa (A) would be a decent return and had Arbroath down as the one where we’d be most likely to drop points. 

I'd go with that, although Alloa are also playing very well at the moment so maybe we should be more than happy looking for a draw there as well ???

Not that I'm a pessimist or anything............

(Being honest, nobody's got a bloody clue what's going to happen from week to week and game to game in this bizarre bloody league).

I'd go with that, although Alloa are also playing very well at the moment so maybe we should be more than happy looking for a draw there as well ???
Not that I'm a pessimist or anything............
(Being honest, nobody's got a bloody clue what's going to happen from week to week and game to game in this bizarre bloody league).
Nail on the head here.

Any ayr fan who thinks we should be beating arbroath away from home is being a bit unrealistic. This will be a tough game but our form has been really good recently and so it's very winnable.

I'm looking forward to it, and hopefully a decent number travel through (surely to f**k the weather won't be as extreme come the weekend).

10 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Nail on the head here.

Any ayr fan who thinks we should be beating arbroath away from home is being a bit unrealistic. This will be a tough game but our form has been really good recently and so it's very winnable.

I'm looking forward to it, and hopefully a decent number travel through (surely to f**k the weather won't be as extreme come the weekend).

Lol wot? Of course we should. We’re a much bigger club and it’s also full time v part time. However that’s not to say we will and I would take a draw. 

14 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Nail on the head here.

Storm Ellen due to hit sometime this week  , hope not as bad as previous 2 

Edited by Robbo63

Lol wot? Of course we should. We’re a much bigger club and it’s also full time v part time. However that’s not to say we will and I would take a draw. 
They're a point behind us in the league and have great form at home.

I didn't word it very well.

I think we absolutely should be looking to win the game but if you're expecting a win because it's wee diddy arbroath then i think you're being unrealistic.

Part time Arbroath 3 Full time Inverness 0 , Full time Partick 1 Part time Arbroath 3 , Full time Q.O.S. 0 Part time Arbroath 2 Full time Dundee Utd 0 Arbroath 1 , only some of our results against Full time teams , wake up and smell the coffee son !

Part time Arbroath 3 Full time Inverness 0 , Full time Partick 1 Part time Arbroath 3 , Full time Q.O.S. 0 Part time Arbroath 2 Full time Dundee Utd 0 Arbroath 1 , only some of our results against Full time teams , wake up and smell the coffee son !

PT Arbroath 0-3 FT Ayr United

If we have any aspirations of second we SHOULD be winning this regardless of your season. No doubt it’ll be a tough match but a win is what we need to aim for here.

Ayr are a bigger club, but a much bigger club? Ayr are right on the verge of part time / full time along with a few other clubs in this division and were one of the bigger part time clubs. Looking at league games, take the Alloa game at home we both played, considering they take about 20 fans. 921 at Gayfield and 1,117 at Somerset. Literally a couple hundred fans difference. I'd say we've had around 1000 actual home supporters average in for most of our home games this year. More for the bigger clubs and less for the smaller clubs.

Not sure how that's relevant anyway in terms of this game. We are 1 point behind after over 20 games played by both teams and we have home advantage. Surely that is a more relevant factor.

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Ayr are a bigger club, but a much bigger club? Ayr are right on the verge of part time / full time along with a few other clubs in this division and were one of the bigger part time clubs.

Not sure how that's relevant anyway in terms of this game. We are 1 point behind after over 20 games played by both teams and we have home advantage. Surely that is a more relevant factor.

Well, that’s one way of saying Arbroath have played 2 more games.

13 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

If we are aiming to finish 2nd we need to be winning this game. Suggestions otherwise are bizarre.

Reveal hidden contents

P.S. This is no reflection on Arbroath but simple mathematics.

It's fine, we are on our way. 

If we are aiming to finish 2nd we need to be winning this game. Suggestions otherwise are bizarre.
Spoiler

P.S. This is no reflection on Arbroath but simple mathematics.

That's just not true.

Win your home games, and hopefully win games against the weaker teams away. Any points gained away to teams who are in a similar fighting position are good ones.

Arbroath are in a strong position in the league because they're not one of the weaker teams in the league. I'd have thought that was obvious.

Yes we're a bigger club but not big enough to be considering we have some sort entitlement to win these kind of games.

Folk seem to forget that we are a small team over-performing in this league (both last season and this). It's not ambition it's delusion.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

That's just not true.

Win your home games, and hopefully win games against the weaker teams away. Any points gained away to teams who are in a similar fighting position are good ones.

Arbroath are in a strong position in the league because they're not one of the weaker teams in the league. I'd have thought that was obvious.

Yes we're a bigger club but not big enough to be considering we have some sort entitlement to win these kind of games.

Folk seem to forget that we are a small team over-performing in this league (both last season and this). It's not ambition it's delusion.

You sound like McCall in his final days.

24 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

You sound like McCall in his final days.

Yeah, defeatist nonsense. "wee plucky Ayr United" I'm just waiting for "Remember where we were five years ago".

Ambition and aspiration are not a bad thing!

Edited by Trogdor

Early forecast looks like another strong wind.

Early on in the week from what I can see after checking for most home games it's always basically the same figures. And as the week goes on it usually comes down.

Last Saturday got as high as 32mph with 53mph gusts but a couple of hours before hand it had changed down to 23 and 40. Gayfield was fine last week.

Just need to wait and see what it's like come Saturday 3pm.

9 hours ago, pandarilla said:

That's just not true.

This league is fucking gash. This is shown by the fact Part time Arbroath are in the playoffs. That’s meaning no disrespect to Arbroath as they have had a terrific season.

There is no reason why we shouldn’t be aiming to finish 2nd.