Amazon Prime

Savage Henry

Using my VPN to pretend I'm in the UK, I've starting re-watching Underbelly, forgot what a great show it is, it, along with Love/Hate, is the best thing STV has ever shown! Aussie's do crime really well. 

• 3 months later...

I'm watching The Cost of Vengeance, which is an Australian film. The blurb:

'Two ordinary men abduct a recently released felon who committed an horrific crime many years before, intent on dispensing their own brutal justice. But the implications of their vigilantism take a heavy toll and events spiral out of control.'

I've actually had to pause it and do some other things, as I got to a scene which I found quite disturbing (see spoiler below).

Spoiler

There's a bit where a man is about to be castrated by a kitchen knife whilst restrained and begging for the perpetrators to stop.

I've still got an hour to go, but I had to look at Twitter and ring my girlfriend before resuming. It is clearly one of those films which is making a comment on vigilantism and justice. I cannot rate the film yet, but it's very good so far, though difficult to watch.