Amazon Prime

Savage Henry

Reacher is my new favourite show, blasted through the first 4 episodes. Hopefully many more seasons to come. Doesn't look particularly high budget but doesn't need to be. The way punches and the like kinda just bounce off him is great. The female cop is good too.

Reacher is one of the best things I’ve watched in ages. I’ve had prime for ages but never really watched any series other than Vikings so decided to make more of an effort. I’m really enjoying Jack Ryan 5 episodes in and I’ll go for Treadstone next.

Just finished watching "homecoming" and the first series was wonderfully done. The second was thrilling too, but suffered mainly for Janelle Monae not being Julia Roberts. Roberts in the first series is just magnetic. A truly great actress.

If you liked Mr Robot, and I did, then give this a go. The episodes are pretty short too.

A pttgomn with prime is how hard it is to find the thing I've been watching. Netflix has the "continue watching" thing as iPlayer also has. With prime I have to go scrolling through to find it. Really shite interface.

I'm a massive fan of the Reacher books so have been really looking forward to this. The movies were such a disappointment. Cruise was just not suitable for the role. Plus they strayed away from the books quite a bit, though that's not uncommon.

I thought the Amazon series was excellent. Very close to the book and only some slight tweaks other than one twist, which worked well, and updating it a bit to bring it into "modern times" with smart phones etc, as the book was written in the late 90's.

Looking forward to series 2.

I'll just add to the Reacher love-in here - perfectly competent season one has to pave the way for more. I did think that it took too long to wrap up - by which I mean the strory was done and dusted well before the end of the last episode, leaving a lot of filler.

Had just the right levels of violence, twists, and humour. Even an appropriate (imho) level of nudity. Looking forward to more.

After Reacher I started Jack Ryan. It took me a while to get over the leads being Bunk and Haplert from other shows but I got hooked. I’m not usually into Iraqi or Syrian war stuff but both seasons had good stories.

Started Bosch last night after reading comments in this thread. Hooked already 3 episodes in but I’m struggling with Marlo from the Wire being a cop so far. I’ll get over it.

After Reacher I started Jack Ryan. It took me a while to get over the leads being Bunk and Haplert from other shows but I got hooked. I’m not usually into Iraqi or Syrian war stuff but both seasons had good stories.

Started Bosch last night after reading comments in this thread. Hooked already 3 episodes in but I’m struggling with Marlo from the Wire being a cop so far. I’ll get over it.
I've read all the Bosch books and after a while I really grew to love Titus Welliver's portrayal.

The series are mostly adaptions of the books - some have more than one book running through them as a plot line. It gets better and better with each series as well. I'm disappointed they won't be making more.

I've read all the Bosch books and after a while I really grew to love Titus Welliver's portrayal.

The series are mostly adaptions of the books - some have more than one book running through them as a plot line. It gets better and better with each series as well. I'm disappointed they won't be making more.
At the end of the last episode they set it up for Bosch and Maddie to branch out on their own and I believe there are a few series in the pipeline. Don't know if they felt they had taken Bosch as far as they could but the books branch out in different ways so there was certainly more material there. I really liked the way they intertwined the city and police politics in with the police cases, hopefully the new series can keep that aspect going.

For those that liked Bosch, I can recommend Goliath with Billy Bob Thornton (also on Prime).

17 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

At the end of the last episode they set it up for Bosch and Maddie to branch out on their own and I believe there are a few series in the pipeline. Don't know if they felt they had taken Bosch as far as they could but the books branch out in different ways so there was certainly more material there. I really liked the way they intertwined the city and police politics in with the police cases, hopefully the new series can keep that aspect going.

For those that liked Bosch, I can recommend Goliath with Billy Bob Thornton (also on Prime).

Goliath season 1 is world class. Gave up on Season 2 such was the reduction in quality. Same thing happened with American Gods, which in that case had changed showrunners.

Goliath season 1 is world class. Gave up on Season 2 such was the reduction in quality. Same thing happened with American Gods, which in that case had changed showrunners.

American Gods is an example I always use of a show going drastically downhill quickly. The first season was tremendous and the second, almost right from the off, was such a drop off and was all over the place. I didn’t even give the third a chance.

8 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Mrs Maisel's back! Not my usual cuppa tea, but just an easy watch with some good laughs along the way. One of those happy overlap shows that Mrs WRK and I can watch together.

I watched the first and second series. I didn't warm to the character of Mrs Maisel at all, and the reason for her husband leaving was badly done imo, but I could have watched a whole series of just her parents. Some of her dad's lines had me pressing pause as I'd be helpless with laughter.