Amazon Prime

Savage Henry

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/10/2023 at 11:04, LIVIFOREVER said:

2nd episode of The Continental was excellent, building up to an even better one this Friday, canny wait.

The soundtrack is a cut above. Pink Floyd - Welcome to the Machine 😍 in Part 2.

Really is a surprise they managed to make such a good job of something based off John Wick 👏👏👏

14 hours ago, welldaft said:

Really is a surprise they managed to make such a good job of something based off John Wick 👏👏👏

3rd episode was tremendous too, so many good characters adding to it being a great series. Wonder if they'll do any more John Wick prequals surrounding the Continental, hope they do.

On 10/10/2023 at 21:26, welldaft said:

Got ep 3 to watch tonight, first two have been tremendous viewing, and as you said the soundtrack is fucking superb 

Plus, having thought he would have been too far down the rabbit hole to even act again, im very surprised at how good mel gibson is in it, 

The scene with the putter and him explaining what happened was outstanding

On 14/10/2023 at 12:27, 54_and_counting said:

Got ep 3 to watch tonight, first two have been tremendous viewing, and as you said the soundtrack is fucking superb 

Plus, having thought he would have been too far down the rabbit hole to even act again, im very surprised at how good mel gibson is in it, 

The scene with the putter and him explaining what happened was outstanding

Seen him in a few similar roles playing the psychotic baddie now, Expendables 3, Boss Level..........plays it well. Was good in Dragged Across Concrete too.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Can I say the 007 gameshow (with a wee bit of benefitting of the doubt) is well worth some of your evening hours. Stupendous viewing. 

Don't know how true it is, but first I heard of this show was a quote from Brian Cox. He signed up thinking it was the for the new Bond movie.

• 1 month later...

Just watched Saltburn, fucking weird film, still not sure if i liked it or not, but it had me hooked right to the end. Then i was thinking,  did i even like this, why the f**k did i watch it to the end, but the ending was good, so kinda glad i did. Has some real weird shit in it though, Oliver is a twisted sick puppy. Tells you something when Richard E Grant isn't the weirdest c**t in it.

On 09/01/2024 at 21:42, LIVIFOREVER said:

Just watched Saltburn, fucking weird film, still not sure if i liked it or not, but it had me hooked right to the end. Then i was thinking,  did i even like this, why the f**k did i watch it to the end, but the ending was good, so kinda glad i did. Has some real weird shit in it though, Oliver is a twisted sick puppy. Tells you something when Richard E Grant isn't the weirdest c**t in it.

I watched this with the mrs the other night as well. It’s a good film but there were 3 or 4 scenes where we were looking at each other asking what the f**k is going on here! 

2 hours ago, PB1994 said:

I watched this with the mrs the other night as well. It’s a good film but there were 3 or 4 scenes where we were looking at each other asking what the f**k is going on here! 

Spoiler

Aye shagging a grave def tops the weirdest shit i've ever seen.

It all comes together nicely at the end, making it a well worked film.

Spoiler

He had me fooled right up to when they started dropping like flies, then i was seeing he's had this all planned from the start. Up till then i thought he was well out of his depth with these rich toffs using him as a play thing for their amusement, till they got bored of him.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The new Roadhouse movie with Jake Gylenhall and Conor McGregor just came on Prime in Canada. Watched the original back last night and will watch the new one tonight! Looking forward to it immensely. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

On 21/03/2024 at 18:53, The Equalizer said:

The new Roadhouse movie with Jake Gylenhall and Conor McGregor just came on Prime in Canada. Watched the original back last night and will watch the new one tonight! Looking forward to it immensely. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

Did you enjoy it

I watched it last night, was a good film in its own right but a poor remake of a classic, 

On 23/03/2024 at 14:08, 54_and_counting said:

Did you enjoy it

I watched it last night, was a good film in its own right but a poor remake of a classic, 

Nothing was ever going to come close to the original, a classic as you quite rightly say. I did enjoy it and I was pleasantly surprised by MacGregors acting. He won't be winning any oscars but it was passable. 

4 hours ago, The Equalizer said:

Nothing was ever going to come close to the original, a classic as you quite rightly say. I did enjoy it and I was pleasantly surprised by MacGregors acting. He won't be winning any oscars but it was passable. 

Probably easier for him to play the obnoxious, psychotic p***k lol, cant see him playing any meaningful roles in his career 😂

Felt it was strange how they changed daltons background, didnt like that bit

• 2 weeks later...

Probably makes me a big wean, but Season Three of Alex Rider dropped this morning and it looks very much like I'm going to finish all 8 episodes today. I love the Anthony Horowitz books and this on focuses on Scorpia, probably the pick of the bunch. Young Jimmy Bond story has no right to be as good as this. Banging theme tune too.